1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I dig it.

If the assassination doesn't work on Fonti we string her up on the pyre.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Oh god I'm having WH12 flashbacks.

Pull up, chief.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

That plan makes sense.

Parts of it fall apart if/when Koalas doesn't nurse Miner.

---------- Post automerged at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

What do you mean Newcomb?

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Cobalts suspicion of Fonti being Apprentice to Jari and the way he's handled the entire thing pre and post-claims reads ridiculously genuine. I don't agree that "Fonti had inside knowledge as to Jaris role" re; either being scum with Rubicon or Jarizok but I can follow the thought process, there. I'm moreso just reading it as Fontisian having a strong town read or read in general on Jarizok and wanting him delayed to another day, I did a similar thing re; Fable D1 so I don't think it's a scum-tell here but happy to have her run through what she was referring to.

I'm not a huge fan of the "Burn a bunch of players today" idea, I want to see another flip or two before we do that. I don't think there's any real threat of mafia shooting Kai for instance and think his Leeroy charge can wait though I understand the thought process of using it to kill Atum and given Fluff a vest, I just think it very potentially kills 2 town to make a move that won't win us the game alone; mafia will still have 1/3 or 1/4 of them depending how many live to day end haunted clear with the possibility of a haunt frame still being in the works, just not worth in my books.

I don't want to start any plan until Koalas actually vests Miner though.

5. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

If Koalas doesn't Nurse miner we lynch him, which makes two dead Witches in two days.

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Bro.

Of course I crumbed acolyte when I wasn't. I wanted the witches to /shoot/ jarizok. Get it?

---------- Post automerged at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

You can't force a witch to do something with the logic "we'll lynch you if you don't and we'll lynch you if you do!" you guys.

---------- Post automerged at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Also, if we have a judge claim that we trust, we should probably go to judge on Kalas for obvious reasons.

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I believe this not at all.

You would've never been able to pull it off having suggested w/w associations that involved him previously.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

HOW LMAO

This is the worst, most nonsensical explanation / excuse ever.

9. fontisian

The plan, as it should be, is judge /or/ lynch Kalas toDay. If he nurses Miner, then we give him a break and look elsewhere (Rubicon). We do not force Kai to leeroy, we do not use the assassin yet and we do not lynch Newcomb until the last possible lynch, at which point we always lynch him. Got it?

10. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Hmm. Judge is explicitly one of the two missing roles. Nice reading skills.

11. fontisian

I have literally thought "why can't people be more like Kai" multiple times while playing this game.

You people have done this to me.

---------- Post automerged at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Fluff, I haven't read anything. This is why I asked.

12. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Cobalt if fonti is a witch and jarizok is town, what motivation does she have for making that play?

Be specific as possible.

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Hmm, my plan completely falls apart if Kai is scum, so yeah, prob a bad idea.

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Agree with all of the bolded. I think having Vaimes Assassin shoot should happen either today or tomorrow though, with no Judge claim I want Vaimes to shoot Koalas in the face if he self-heals and then we lynch Koalas, otherwise he can use that shot tomorrow once we've done some interaction analysis.

15. KaiDASH

Why do people read posts then think the post is the be all and end all of what that player is doing.

I get that a players posts is your only insight into what they're doing, but if you think fonti of all people is playing exclusively on level 0.

Well.

I have bad news for you I guess.

16. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Falls apart on a few levels, if Kai/Atum are town killing 2 town to give you 1 vest is very much not worth, if Kai's scum he's obviously not going to follow the plan. Right now we should just be sitting waiting for Koalas to vest Miner and deciding from there what to do.

17. fontisian

That's a good idea for the assassin actually. Approved.

18. KaiDASH

If you must do it, the correct assassination in this spot is rubicon as apprentice, just btw.

---------- Post automerged at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

It's possible to mechanically confirm fonti as PT as well, if we lynch Vira's extra life and have fonti observe Miner making his shot.

But there's basically 0% she's not actually PT here as a witch, because fakeclaiming a mechanically confirmable role is just....

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I think just saving the Assassination until we know what Koalas does is the right play, we'd rather not have to blow something like Leeroy to kill him or have to spend two day phases lynching him.

Also Vaimes, what time is deadline where you are? Odds of you being on at deadline?

20. KaiDASH

It's ok, Kalas can't sneak a Nurse activation