1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Vira - I don't think Koalas vesting Miner is a town tell even remotely here, him not doing so is him absolutely confirming himself as mafia and in a no reveal setup that's something scum never want to do. Him making that action and then getting lynched means that a) Mafia have potential to kill the Gravedigger and prevent us from getting absolute information, b) Decredit the Gravedigger and their results accusing it of being a fake claim or c) Actually be scum Gravedigger lying about the result.

What I do think is rather telling for Koalas's alignment is the complete lack of content inside the last ~36 hours from him when being run up, the lack of reads, and lack of reaction to this whole situation, that combined with PoE and gamestate analysis and he's still someone we should be lynching/killing.

---------- Post automerged at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Vaimes, pew pew away.

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Like anything I'd write would be taken seriously.

Just shoot me von.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'd read it.

4. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    If you're town, don't just give up. Play the game.

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

6. Koalas

High Score:
    What do you think I've been doing for the week?

7. Vira

High Score:
    Not much if you've barely posted these past two days. Right now, what are your townreads and scumreads? Quick.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Kalas, if you intend to post reads and reasons, say so now.

9. Koalas

High Score:
    Sure. Why not.

10. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Still waiting.

11. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Still think pew pew Koalas -> Lynch Atum.
    Newcomb - @me when you get on.

12. Rubicon

Neither here nor there Kai.

The whole "not sure if dense or a witch" is the problem here. The rest is just a "shrug, maybe this will get me somewhere" play.

Inquisitor is dead: yay. Inquisitor keeps quiet: yay, and maybe they die later. Inquisitor counters: you covered your ass and learned a non-Priest role.

13. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Yes? The whole watchman soft thing?

14. Rubicon

The third paragraph of that post is nonsensical. If you are a witch, any reason to town read you is based on a false premise. They're not usually bothered by that in the coven.

---------- Post automerged at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Feels a bit like pulling teeth with Koalas here.

I think waiting for his reads is always the best move though.

---------- Post automerged at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

How does it factor into your analysis?

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    So you saw him claim a check on reg?

16. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Yup. I was there as a matter of fact.

17. Vira

High Score:
    Are you saying you think Reg/Cobalt are w/w?

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Newcomb; For your eyes.

No one else needs to read this because they're almost certainly just going to go "That's stupid, you shouldn't play like that" or "I don't agree with ruling out X/Y" and I'm not in the mood for that right now; just trying to get my own game state thoughts down and bounce it with Newcomb.

Here's my playerlist breakdown right now;

Fluff, Fable & Cobalt are always town here, I see zero worlds where they're scum.

Owner + Delphine + Miner + 2 is not an impossible world given Miners posting throughout the entire game and the difficulty of attempting to find a world outside of them but it's one I think is unlikely, it's like a 5% thing that if it's the case we probably notice eventually and thus not even worth worrying about too much right now, especially when I've not seen red flags from Delphine yet.

I do not see more than two names inside Fontisian/KaiDASH/Koalas/Rubicon/The Waco Kid that can work together as scum. That said I do not think there's less than two mafia inside this pool. Pretty much I think there's /exactly/ two mafia inside those five names.

I don't have Fonti/Kai, Fonti/Koalas, Fonti/Rubicon together. Foni/Waco only possible one?
    I don't have Kai/Fonti, Kai/Rubicon, Kai/Waco together. Kai/Koalas only possible one?
    I don't have Koalas/Fonti, Koalas/Rubicon/Waco as a threesome. Koalas/Kai, Koalas/Waco, Koalas/Rubicon, but not 3?
    I don't have Rubicon/Fonti, Rubicon/Kai, Rubicon/Waco/Koalas as a threesome. Rubicon/Koalas, Rubicon/Waco only possible ones?
    I don't have Waco/Kai, Waco/Koalas/Rubicon as a threesome. Waco/Fonti, Waco/Koalas, Waco/Rubicon as possible?

Personally I'm pretty sure that Koalas is mafia and we're probably looking at something like Koalas/Rubicon, Koalas/Waco or Koalas/Kai from those list of 5 but technically there's a bunch of possibilities that don't include Koalas, I think assassinating him and lynching elsewhere provides us with a huge influx of information tomorrow to start narrowing down worlds.

So unless we're dealing with that 5% world of something like Owner + Delphine + Miner + Koalas + 1 of Rubicon/Kai/Waco or something along those lines there's very probably two scum in the list below;

Atum
    Jarizok
    Newcomb
    Vaimes
    Vira

I'm most confident in Jarizok being town there, I've elaborated into this earlier in the game as well as again today, I'm fairly comfortable
    removing him from that list at the moment. I also feel reasonably good about you at the moment though the possibility of you snowing me here and calling us even from Jurassic Park has crossed my mind at some points during this day phase, that said for the purpose of this conversation and my own sanity lets say you're town here.

That means there's probably 2 inside [Atum/Vira/Vaimes] and gun to my head I'd call Vira the townie inside the group. Which uh, means Atum can die? Especially since if he's town we end up with a vest on Fluff so it's a win/win situation here?

---------- Post automerged at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

That spoiler is not-safe-for-others, please do not open it unless your name is Newcomb.

19. Vira

High Score:
    I'm now obligated to read this. Pretend I'm Newcomb and wise in the ways of mafia.

If Atum is scum, why would he vest Fluff? He'd vest a scummate, wouldn't he? Unless that would expose them and he'd just take it to his grave.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Read it anyway sorrynotsorry

Not gonna say anything about it though :V