1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I knew there was a reason I preferred closed/low mechanic games

2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

But if he's watchman, he doesn't have to fake it?

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I thought we were talking about Cobalt faking a result on someone.

Never mind.

4. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    mountainous setup is best setup.

5. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Point, but what does scum cobalt get out of stopping a mislynch on town regfan...

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I mean I guess if he doesn't out that result he would have to lie about his role later on.

7. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Probably have to ask Eido for the exact roles that Watchman can observe.

(It's getting simplified next version to a random defense or offense role)

8. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I figured it was "active powers that target someone else."

---------- Post automerged at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

It's not really strongly relevant.

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Just pick a teammate.

Reg, I'm positive I will never want to lynch Atum this game, which makes the bod plan -ev.

Vote Rubicon

Newcomb, if I were a witch, Owner would have claimed holy approximately 20 minutes before the deadline. Then, if she died, I would never have her haunt Reg, because of the way they were visibly unaligninh in the thread. Then, I would have never used the free kill on Jan, who softed things in pre game before would have known. And, if owner ignored me in witch chat, I would have been salty enough at her to bus her into the ground, and I would have never been able to say "farewell owner" at the end of Day 1.

I am not a witch.

---------- Post automerged at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Oh holy shit. I have an idea.

If we lynch Jarizok, I can peep the gravedigger. If Rubicon is the apprentice to the gravedigger, I'll see him. If he is the apprentice to the judge, I'll be able to out him and the dead people's alignments.

10. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Welcome to my world

11. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    If you're that confident in him being town elaborate on it and show me what I'm missing? Not really interested in the lynching Jarizok plan at all. I'd take a reads wall / some reasoning attached from you if you've got time. too.

12. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Ignoring the fact that we'd either be taking your word for the reads + Rubicon, or Rubicon's words for verification of you + reads...yea, not liking this.

13. Rubicon

I can only speak for myself, but I don't trust you enough to try that fonti.

14. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Far cry from Fonti's weird don't lynch Jari at EoD1.

---------- Post automerged at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Hey Vira, did you ever follow up on this?

Actually, can you post a full read-wall?

15. fontisian

If you're telling the trurh, you'd either have to fight scum!me or have me back up your study. You have the least to worry about trust wise.

Reg, Atum's scum meta is just ... bad. I can't see him putting in effort and rallying against the consensus on you so strongly . The parts where he talks about how he just needs to get his reads out and how paranoia are too genuine, I think, for him to have faked.

---------- Post automerged at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Huh, it's almost like the circumstances are completely different, he who does not think about reads.

16. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I think her point about how Owner went down is relevant though? Like I'd imagine Fonti!Scum wants one of two things; 1) Owner to out a holy role or some other role and give scum some information on her way out, or 2) Owner to not post at all and have people think she was just outright unable to post at day end making her alignment...less obvious there? Having Owner lurk and then doing a "Goodbye Owner" type post and having Owner respond to it proving she's around...is just something that feels like it makes very little sense as partners, there's nearly no scum motivation behind it.

I'll pull up some Koalas/Fonti interactions that I'd marked as not W/W too if people are honestly serious about considering lynching there and explain how it's worthwhile knowing Koalas's alignment from Jari tomorrow to have a much better idea on Fonti's alignment too.

For those that don't want to lynch Atum, I'm not moving to Fontisian so sell me on someone else that's a better lynch / more likely to flip scum. And uh, I hope people realise lynching elsewhere pretty much confirms that Fluff dies tonight.

@Fonti - Got a link that I can look at of his? And I think him "Rallying" on me is something that makes plenty of sense as scum? It allows him to attempt to de-credit me and it sets up a wall/wall type thing which most people just normally read as TvT and not actually read through. It pretty much assists him in getting out of the lynch today. The "get his reads out/paranoia" did not read genuine to me but I'm planning on stepping back and rereading the entire exchange in like ~12 hours.

---------- Post automerged at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

And I'm sad, looks like Newcombs gone; really wanted to talk with him about 2138.

17. Rubicon

Owner is not a socket puppet for fontisian.

---------- Post automerged at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

If you're not doing fonti, you should be on kai imo.

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    With scum having daytalk how do you think that plays out at EOD that has Owner not fake claim a role and then Fontisian make a post that is likely to receive a response from her partner Owner inside the thread? Like I imagine Fonti's either telling her to fake claim or not post at all inside scum chat and if Owners taking the "not posting at all" route then Fontisian just doesn't make that final post of hers? Feels like an..unrealistic way for it to play out if they're partners, certainly not impossible but fairly unlikely.

I...don't think I'll be voting Kai today either but I will admit that I'm like 20x more likely to vote Kai than I am to vote Fontisian right now since I do think Koalas/Kai is a possible world and a lot of the reasons I have for town reading Kai are...kind of weak. That said, work with me for a second here, lets say you're town and wrong on Fontisian and she's town. What scum teams do you think Kai fits in?

19. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Nope, was waiting for after dinner.

I’ll do these after my Rubicon reread.

20. fontisian

Regfan

I understand the logic of mafia going after you. I do not think that Atum would be the witch to do it.