1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Bluh, that's actually a really good point.

2. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    He's referring to if he gets to a F3/F4 situation and we're mechanically forced to lynch him and have him shoot someone, he wants it not to count as a "mslynch" on his record, it doesn't really look bad at all knowing his recent history.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

My comment about Newcomb?

---------- Post automerged at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

I get what he's saying, the timing just struck me as off I guess.

4. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

If I lynch newcomb does that count as a mislynch?

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

No, Reg's comment about Kalas not being able to nurse Delphine because she's not the Oracle.

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    So, I'm pretty ready to lock Vira in as 100% if Koalas was mafia which I think is the case;

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Very very good. Me likey. I feel safe locking her in too.

8. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Interactions & posts from either Koalas/Fonti that make me pretty sure they're not W/W.

1)
    Him attempting to de-credit her and make her look worse based around Owner doesn't make a whole lot of sense if it's Owner/Fonti/Koalas at all and attempting to get her to spend more time focusing on Owner has little scum motivation as partners there.

2)
    Her scum reading him and starting the pressure in that direction after losing Owner D1 is something that makes very little sense to do as mafia, there's bussing but that's just...yeah, very unlikely and the interaction doesn't read like distancing, if they're scum together and Watcherman/Oracle are both town she's planning on winning with this strategy, how? Just not a thing.

3)
    This just feels like something a partner says to another partner when they have day talk exactly never.

---------- Post automerged at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

That post was for you Newcomb

Well and for anyone else that thinks Koalas is scum but still scum reads Fonti.

---------- Post automerged at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

His interactions with Delphine and Miner make me feel a little bit better about calling that world probably not the case, don't think I'd call it impossible based on their interactions but at least quells my fears for today.

9. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Whoa just to clear things up here; I did consider the BoD plan. In fact, at the time of my claim I was on board. Newcomb, as I mentioned in an earlier post, it was something you wrote about the limited ability of priest checls to actually sway reads given the Haunt mechanic that got me to hesitate, and then Reg's random scum push that got me to reconsider and ultimately oppose that plan.

Cobalt: If you're done with your catch up, you'll see that the point about you and Reg being intrinsically aligned has been discussed. While I did not initially factor you into my scumread on him, given that it began before you even submitted a post this game, I have now taken it into consideration. Per my discussion with Fable, I would more readily accept and act on ANY world in which Regfan is scum than accept a clear on him because you're town. I think he's more scummy than you are towny when we get right down to it, and I do not consider you mechanically cleared to the extent that my read there would change. If you and Reg are in fact aligned (which I'm taking for granted given other people's reasoning) then my current thinking is:

Owner/Regfan/Cobalt/Jarizok/Fontisian

for the scum team.

To address your second question, if a sufficient quantity of townies (ie not the ones up in that lineup) still thinking I've got more +town utility as a Fluff vest, then I'm willing to go with that, but I'm no longer confident that it's our best option.

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Newcomb conceded that he didn't consider the element that by vesting Fluff we're not just getting another investigation but assuring that mafia can't kill a confirmed town player without having to waste a night kill first. This action by them means that Miner is eligible to use his shot. There's pretty much no downside to lynching you here and we're very much in a situation where if we don't lynch you today we shouldn't be lynching you at any other point in the game and I'm most certainly voting to lynch you today over that.

Furthermore I've attempted to interact with you and explain that I didn't put forward a "Case" on you, I even linked you to what a case of mine actually looks like so you continuously attempting to misconstrue my push here does not come from a town-motivated perspective whatsoever. Another huge point you're not considering here is that you're stating I'm pushing on you as mafia, but why the hell would I do that when it means the priest having a vest and mafia not being able to kill the priest without activating the hunter shot? Like you're ignoring the very clear town motivation behind my play here and doing it in a way that looks like you're just actively attempting to focus on de-crediting me.

---------- Post automerged at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Like it very much does not seem like you're actually reading my posts and attempting to analyse my actual motivations behind them or what I'm even saying. That's a huge concern and means you're either mafia or someone that's going to be a huge liability as the game progresses, while we have an opportunity to lynch you and secure that we're in a great position re; Fluff protection wise we should be taking this.

11. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Rubicon.

[​IMG]

Whyyyyyyyyy

Entrance is okay. Had opposite reaction to Miner than Font, but implicitly states he won’t get in the way of it despite doubts. Had a vibe Reg was a witch. Thought Fluff’s exit from the thread was weird. Votes Fable for his interactions with Miner and Font. Keeps saying he has ‘slight’ scumreads on people. Takes a long time to vote Miner. Suggests Reg is buddying with Newcomb. Dislikes Kai’s reaction to the Miner flip.

Lynch votes Reg beginning of D2, then when Cobalt puts a stop to it, votes Kalas. Thinks Kai’s vote on Reg was in-character but Fluff was opportunistic. Decides we’re lynching Kalas or Fluff, though has yet to offer an explanation of his vote on Kalas. Fights with Kai over Kai’s Inquisitor lie. Willing to give Kalas leeway if he Nurses Miner, and says he would move to Kai. Believes in Kai/Font. Votes Font after Kalas Nurses Miner, then re-votes Font after Vaimes kicks Kalas out a window. Not interested in lynching Atum.

And that’s it. For so many posts, there’s not much to bite.

Don’t like his Miner stance on D1. Everyone and their dog was going after Miner and he was fence-sitting. Hasn’t done much, he’s just kind of there. I know he, Kai, and Font have been shouting circles around one another, but my eyes glaze over whenever I read their conversations. He’s kind of consistent with Kai, but he’s not really putting himself out there. What are his townreads? I dunno.

Vote: Rubicon.

Give me a readwall.

Here is my own, as an example:

~Readwall~​

Atum: I refuse to believe a scum would go after a town confirmed player so clumsily while missing their obvious partner. I’m not lynching him toDay, or toMorrow, or the next Day, or the next. Let him live as the too scummy to be scum forever.

Fontisian: If anyone can read Font, please teach me because I’m obviously learning nothing. Nothing she does is alignment indicative. Font regularly lies and pushes people as town or scum even when she doesn’t actually believe it. She’s flighty and unpredictable? Oh, stop the presses! I’ll think about her more overNight.

Jarizok: Where are you? Should I put up missing person posters? What country should I put up these posters in? I probably need to re-read you too. I have an automatic distrust of Gravedigger information after one particular Gravedigger Apprentice smeared my name for like two weeks, and if you could prove yourself town, that would be great.

KaiDASH: Why did you lie about being the Inquisitor? If nothing else, you’re guilty for wasting town’s time. You don’t deserve to be in my townreads anymore. You can sit with Font and be grateful.

Newcomb: See last readwall.

Rubicon: See above.

The Waco Kid: Same as last time. His posts go in one eye and out the other. No, it's not as painful as it looks. I know he's posted more toDay but they're just not sticking. I'll catch up with him.

Vaimes: Probably should re-read too. Will do it over N2.

-

Koalas: Scum. He said he’d post a readslist but he never came back. He could have said to wait a couple hours while he went and did something, but nope. Last game I mislynched Rubicon because I couldn’t wrap my head around scum not bothering to buy the best tool in the game. I guess Nursing Miner was something like that. I’m really interested to see the scum QT and what the fuck happened.

Not including the town confirmed people because why.

In conclusion:

Nephilim Singing Heavenly Choir:

Vira.
    Cobalt.
    Reg.
    Fluff.
    Fable.
    Delphine.
    Miner.

Servants of the Holy:

Newcomb.
    Atum.

Mortals Caught Between Heaven and Hell:

Waco.
    Vaimes.
    Jari.

Sinners Who Must Repent For Redemption:

Kai.
    Font.

I Guess I’m Lynching You After All:

Rubicon.

The Antichrist:

Kalas. (Deceased).

Scumteam? Oh god, I don't know.

Owner/Kalas/Rubicon/Job Searching/Also Spiders.

I'll get back to you with a better answer in my first post of D3.

12. Atum

I AM actively attempting to discredit you. I don't think your reads are genuine. I don't think your "town motivation" is genuine. I firmly believe that you are scum, and YOU seem to be ignoring that fact.

As for lynching me, huh, what downside could I, the me in this scenario possibly see? Huh, a clear mislynch go figure. I see no downside to not lynching me all game because I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that I am town. So you convincing me to mislynch myself is almost a non-starter.

Oh and the whole 'case' argument is almost irrelevant. You're actively pushing for my lynch. That is a "case" to (mis)lynch me and I don't care if you say otherwise till you're blue in the face or your fingers fall off from pounding the keyboard. Again, you're ignoring the fact that I think you're scum. So I'm not looking at it from the perspective of "Hey, fellow villager Reg is trying to vest our Holy Priest fluffy III." I wonder, "Jeez, what's this prob!scum doing doubling down on his attempts to chop me up for potions ingredients."

That's just how it is.

Random thought: How much sense does it make that Scum!Fanatic!Owner refused to claim and missed the chance to have an extra life for us to have to lynch through? Not sure this has been brought up.

13. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I care too much about being right about my reads.

Big picture view, I think people are getting too bogged down in confusion and paranoia here, myself maybe included.

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Atum;

That's the point though, you're not even for a second bothering to look at my arguments and say "Is there town motivation behind his actions"
    "Is there validity to what he's proposing and would it be a natural thought to have" and it's either because a) You're just mafia here and know this is the only move you can make to get out of being lynched here or b) You're just a horrible town player that's unable to step back from his own reads from the game and assess it from others point of views mechanically, either way I'm very happy with you dying. And frankly I don't care if you're insulted by that or not. You're effectively stating that "Anyone that pushes town players have to be mafia" which is just stating that you think OMGUS'ing is an accurate and good way to play as a player which is patently untrue, using that logic I'd have voted you for scum reading me at the start of the game but I didn't find your push unreasonable or reasoning implausible to come from town.

Based on the assumption that Koalas is mafia which I think is a fairly reasonable one to make right now there's no way that Fluff lives through tonight unless you're town and we lynch you; it's not about "Checks being haunted etc" because if we play the base odds of any particular guilty being legitimate the odds based on a Scum!Koalas/Town!You world are that 2/14 people will show up as mafia as mafia and 1/14 will show up as mafia as town, that's still favourable for us (And I'm well aware of the irony of me saying this while being haunted), that combined with having a confirmed town player unkillable puts mafia in a really bad position. It could be argued that the gain from mslynching you in this particular slot outweigh that of you being mafia here, this is something you're refusing to acknowledge when I'm bringing it up and shows your inability to think logically.

---------- Post automerged at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------
    Vira, you make me sad, very sad. I was counting on you to join me on Atum here, it's the mechanically optimal play by a large margin and I think your reasoning for town reading him is ridiculously thin here; "Too scummy to be scum" is the type of logic that's wrong more than it is right. I know you've stated inside your reads post that you have difficulty reading Fontisian but I've spoilered some interactions from her with Koalas that I'd like you to look at. If you're as confident that Koalas was a hit as I am then I think you should be having Fontisian as town.

15. Rubicon

Atum, the conclusion most people are going to draw from you pushing apparent confirmed town is that being lynched & giving a life to HF is contrary to your win condition.

regfan seems to be someone who gets his back up when people call him scum, so I worry this is a vicious circle.

It just feels like a really crappy place to be on D3, like the kind of drama the witch coven wants us to get lost in.

How willing are you to compromise and lynch one of the more consensus scummy people on your proposed witch team? Everyone knows my preference, but a case could be made for lynching Jarizok too.

16. Atum

Ooooh let's get some ad hominem abuse right out of the gates! How's that for logical thought, eh?

I've considered you're town. How could I not when everyone and their uncle thinks you're consensus towncleared. I find that impossible to reconcile with your play which I think you nailed a few walls back with the word disingenuous. Buddy, I don't care what you think of my play, I don't think you're town and I don't feel comfortable going along with a plan you promote with this much zeal. Plus I kinda just want to spite you now tbh, and that's not headspace I enjoy being in.

By the way if you make another comment about my "inability" to think, I'm gonna lose it. Like I said, I was all about the sacrifice play until you started blundering about, and you've done less than nothing to change my mind in that regard.

17. Rubicon

fontisian: Let's pause and talk about your KaiDASH read. In my head you have him as lock town, but you just proposed we're both witches, and reviewing your ISO it appears you've put him forward as possible scum several times. What is your read on him? Using more than one sentence if at all possible.

18. Atum

I'm in on Jarizok!

Eh, my wincon is 5 dead witches. I see what I think is a witch sitting in literally every towncircle. I think it's against my wincon not to shout it from the rooftops until I pass on to that sweet Deadchat in the sky.

19. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Everyone, just calm down.

No need to get angry at each other.

20. Rubicon

I think optimal play is to shout it from the rooftops, but not try to force a lynch there on D2.