1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Persona 5 [PS4]

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Almost have the platinum.

Fuck the 'Hear X lines' trophies. In the butt. With a baseball bat.

Who the fuck thinks they're a good idea?! Esp with no tracking, no carryover and the way it forces you to do stupid shit like actively seek out shadows with stat ailments to get hit and not overlevel.

So dumb.

2. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Better than the equivalent Rise trophy in P4.

Still missing two trophies myself. 100% Compendium and the same Futaba's lines trophy.

3. Gengar

High Score:
    I got the platinum for p4g. It's still garbage. The second I'm forced to fish for lines, the number is irrelevant.

4. Gengar

High Score:
    GOT IT FUCK YOU ATLUS

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Took me a while to get going on my New Game Plus run, but I'mma be spending a lot of time in the last few months lifting in the gym. So trivial to max out S-Links without having to worry about social stats and while abusing Chihaya to avoid time spending dates.

Maybe I should have listened to the loading screen's advice. Also Hifumi still best girl. Just got through dating her in Hawaii.

6. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Gym was amazing, I had 520 HP by level 40, but both the gym and training in your room cap after ~12 training sessions, and give only +1 HP (and +1 SP for gym). Gym with Moist Protein is kinda worth it even then, but meh, not really. Since September, I've used my free time to go on dates with girls, get collectibles and just waste time. No stress at all.

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Yeah, in mid-September now and I've only got two Links to initiate (Shinya and Haru) and one that's less than half done (Futaba). The rest are either complete or nearing it. Kinda slacked on Iwai a little too, because he doesn't seem to be available that often and his days always overlap with someone else I'd rather do more than him. Was a little annoyed when I got locked out of completing Hifumi's Mementos mission until after the Futaba arc fallout, though. Wanted to get my relationship going pre-Hawaii, but was only able to get her up to Rank 8 because of that.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    This may be a bit of a Hifumi romance spoiler:

The Hawaii trip is basically it. She comes back to your room to lean her head on your shoulder and say she loves you once, but after that? No matter how many times you 'date', you're playing Shogi in the church.

You can't take her anywhere.

Every character should have unique romance/date related scenes in each 'location'. If that would have been too much work, have less romance options.

You can at least take the main cast girls there, but the 'date' scenes are just boring.

It just feels like getting them to agree to be your girlfriend is the end-game, where it should only be the beginning. Super lame.

9. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

That's a bit lame, then. As long as I still get scenes for Christmas and Valentine's Day I can be content though. It'd be great if they'd include more in the inevitable 'Golden' version of P5, but this is one front that we can typically count on Atlus being lazy and apathetic on so I'm not getting my hopes up very high.

10. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Don't believe anything is done on Christmas or Valentine's. It's dumb.

In earlier personas did they develop the relationship after starting it?

Seems to be a weakness of any game with romance choices.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    Re Christmas and Valentines:

Game ends on the 24th of Dec. There's time skips, including one to VD where you have a scene with your girl etc.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    FUCK YEAH! ONLY 160 HOURS!...

sigh[​IMG]

13. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

So now that I've had some space between finishing the game and can look at it a bit more objectively I figured I'd post some quick thoughts.

Gameplay improvements were huge, specifically the hand-crafted dungeons etc; some of the dungeons had irritating aspects but in general they were pretty well designed.

The characters are the best in the series so far, if we were to look solely at 3/4/5 and the Social Link system. 5's just shades 4's on the social link side but unlike 4 where the development was almost solely social link exclusive, they do a nice job balancing it across both the main story and links.

Story wise, it started strong, lulled in the middle but did finish very well. I liked the darker turn it took and it was bordering Mainline levels for a bit which was surprising.

It doesn't hold a candle to 3's though. Which I think is arguably one of the best Video Game story's period.

Ultimately it's better than it's predecessors, every critique relating to them was solved and you can tell they really went above and beyond to make this game great. It has weak moments and some justifiable criticisms (The handholding felt excessive but that's coming in as someone who adores SMT so understood it from the get go) but I think it's still a brilliant game, coinciding with most people's opinions I believe.

As it stands

5>3>4

14. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So apparently I need so somehow get ahold of an older console and play 3/4. I adored this game. The subtlety of the story and game itself was just great.

One thought, I had finished Mass Effect Andromeda shortly before Persona and so many times I kept thinking "this is how an Rpg story should be."

15. Gengar

High Score:
    You can get both on the psvita.

If that's too expensive for you, you can also get them on pstv, which you could probably get for next to nothing now.

16. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I got the game a couple of weeks ago. Put 50 hours into it over 5 days but haven't been able to play since. I bloody love it though, just an incredible game all around. Getting me to enjoy a turn based battle system is an achievement on it's own.

You know it's good if I don't know who best girl is yet.

17. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Will say 3's suffers from a lack of pacing and FES, the best one to play on has it set so you can't control the party. Difficulty is also a bit higher than 5's but that's personal opinion.

But the story is definitely worth the frustration.

18. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

The worst frustration feature in FES is the fatigue system, especially in the early going. Good luck completing the first few Tartarus segments in one go. That lack of party control is also annoying and makes Mitsuru nearly worthless (she was always in my main party in Portable).

19. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Did forget that actually, Fatigue is definitely a bitch.

But on the flipside, that Elizabeth Romance <3

20. Gengar

High Score:
    I haven't played a minute of P3, but there's no way you're convincing me Mitsuru isn't the default choice.