1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (New Joss Whedon TV Show)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Rubicon, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I have, yeah. It's actually been going pretty well, imo. I have a couple of issues with some of the things they've done, but overall plot-wise they've been a lot tighter and more focused than, say, Flash (although I still enjoy Flash more, tbh).

2. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I haven't watched it since Season 2, though I have been meaning to pick it up again.

3. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I actually enjoy this way more than the Flash or the Arrow.

4. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm watching the UK broadcast, so I'm a few episodes behind (just had the episode where we find out Hydra's real origin). While it has improved from the fairly tedious start, but it's still averaging bland competence rather than anything special. It's never bad, but when compared to Daredevil and Jessica Jones...it's hard to shake the feeling that the main reason this exists is to provide background and set up for plot threads in the films.

5. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I missed the opening episodes of season three, so I feel like I can't keep up with the current ones airing. Waiting for it to hit Netflix, I guess. =/

6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

^ Basically where I am at. I've heard no super z0mg about this season so I'm content to wait for netflix and binge.

7. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yup. It's decent.

8. deyas

deyas Groundskeeper

Eh, I mean, insofar as cable television comic series adaptations are good, I'd say this is near or at the top. I've personally rather enjoyed this season. Agent Carter is well worth it, as well. Both are much better then either The Arrow post season 2, or The Flash post the first couple episodes.

9. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

So this weeks episode;

Matrix Origins?

10. sairafius

sairafius Squib

High Score:
    Am I the only one who happens to hate the entire LMD/Aida arc? I keep wishing they'd continued with Ghost Rider and the Darkhold and ended the season with a Cthon showdown of some sort.

11. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Just caught up with all the seasons and wait for the season 4 finale.

I love this show, I wish I started watching it sooner.

Daisy is definitely a favorite of mine.

I also like that they are going for more magical stuff this season, with the Darkhold and Ghost Rider.

12. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

That scene with Aida/Ophelia and Fitz when he tells her that he only has room for Jemma and her reaction to that... fuck. That was suuuper great. I really like the actress, she does emotional stuff and even emotionless/robotic scenes really well.

The stinger at the end with Ghost Rider!!!!

13. syed

syed Supermod

I always thought that Inhumans did not seem to fully fit, my explanation was that they were magical in nature somehow. Now my theory is that could the crystals have a celestial origin. In the comics, celestial so we're said to be responsible for mutants. This might mean Peter quill might also be a latent inhuman.

What is the fate of the dark hold? Part of me thinks it might get thrown/sucked into a portal, or ghost rider will simply burn the book. The inside is any language, but has anyone asked why it has English on the cover. Say daredevil picked up the book, would it give him Braille? Since eyes are the window to the soul, could Braille be a way to use the book with out going mad?

14. Anya

I mean...I'm pretty sure its canon that terrigen crystals are alien in origin. I think they said the Kree were responsible?

15. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yep. There was an episode where that dude from Warehouse 13 showed up as a Kree Destroyer. They info dumped a whole bunch of noise about the Kree seeding planets eons ago with Kree DNA because they wanted a superpowered army. The terrigen was left on earth as a way to activate the carriers.

16. syed

syed Supermod

The impression I got was the Kree attempted to create living weapons on multiple planets, but each attempt failed until earth, where Inhumans were made. Those created were not happy about being slaves so some how drove them away.
    They all apparently have a touch of Kree DNA. The thing is we don't know about the origins of the crystals themselves, sure the Kree had them, but where did they get them. I had a theory about them having some kind of multiversal origin, explain why they can access realms linked to magic. But now I wonder if the crystals are some how celestial in origin. The whole husk thing reminded me of the terraforming attemp. In the movie. That would explain why that guy was the only progeny wig powers, his bloodline was already primed to used celestial energies.

17. Anya

Sometimes when you speak it makes no sense. Please give me more context.

18. syed

syed Supermod

It was just my crazy idea for the future of the MCU. It involves the kree, Inhumans, celestial and more.

19. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Well so that was the season finale. And wow, what a cliffhanger!

Next season, Agents of S.W.O.R.D. anyone?

20. syed

syed Supermod

Do we think they will get a space station or moon base?

If they can build Hellicarriers, then they could build far superior earth to orbit craft. Getting to orbit has always been the biggest challenge.

Last edited: May 18, 2017