1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Other TV Shows

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Maybe it's just me, but if there is one thing I do not miss from my teenage years it's solving a new murder mystery every year. ;)

2. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Let's be honest, you do that even now :nyan:

3. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Legion, for me, has been fantastic lately. The acting, directing, and writing have all seemed top notch and I haven't gotten so immersed in a show for a long time. I'm not a huge fan of TV in general, but damn I'm enjoying this show.

4. Indrik

Indrik First Year

High Score:
    Agreed. It can a bit overly avant garde at times, but it's really come into its own recently. It's really too bad the first season is so short (8 episodes) and the next won't air until 2018. Speaking of last night's season finale, anyone more familiar with the Marvel verse know what the after credits scene meant?

5. Celestin

Apparently, The Witcher is officially getting Netflix series which is probably the same series that Bagiński mentioned few months ago. That said, he mentioned that he wants to focus on earlier material which, in my opinion, may not necessary be the best approach when the Saga can easily rival GoT.

6. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As long as Yen shows up, I will watch the shit out of this.

7. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

They need to keep throwing money at Viggo Mortensen until he agrees to play Geralt. I can't think of anyone else that is already almost tailor-made for it. I'd probably say Kurt Russell in a pinch, but still - Viggo would be perfect, IMO.

The rest of the cast, I'm not sure of. Right off the bat, I think Firefly-era Morena Baccarin would be great for Yennefer. Have to think about everyone else.

8. Celestin

Can't say I have favourites, but apparently Eva Green is a very popular choice for Yennefer. From other proposed, I like Nikolaj Coster-Waldau for Geralt.

9. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Huh. I personally enjoyed the earlier, more slice of life parts of the first two books more than the rest of the saga (which wasn't bad by any means). And depending on what route they go more they might lend themselves more to a tv format.

10. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Oh. Oh yeah, I wouldn't have thought of her, but that's striking. I only peripherally know who the guy is, I don't watch GoT or anything, but he looks the part fairly well.

11. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  12. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Pretty bland trailer with nothing in particular going on besides a "hey look we haz new klingons for starfleet to fight".

Also, broken link.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  13. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Nikolaj can't play Geralt because everyone would call him Jaime Lannister.

14. Celestin

He would appear different enough for that to not happen. The best part of Polish version was how they managed to transform Żebrowski into a pretty decent Geralt.

EDIT:

Tomasz Bagiński isn't just working on The Witcher, but doing a live action version of Saint Seiya with Japanese. Quite unexpected.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  15. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Apparently the Cormoran Strike series is getting a TV adaptation and the first ep of The Cuckoo's Calling is airing in the UK in a couple weeks.

The JKR cash cow is eternal.

16. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Much to my possibly unwarranted surprise, given that I've not read the books, this was actually pretty good. I don't think it's going to be declared drama of the year or anything, but the plot seems pretty decent so far, and the cast is good. It's solid, easy viewing, not too grim or weird.

17. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Anyone watched The Young Pope, Room 104, Vice Principals and Ballers.

Just started watching all of these. Room 104 is really weird. Vice Principals is hilarious and Ballers is probably the only show about sports that I've ever enjoyed. The Young Pope is weird, don't know how I feel about it yet.

18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    The Orville aka Star Kek is surprisingly entertaining. That said, the Trek homage stuff is unnecessary; I wish they had just gone full blown spoof.

19. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Colbert's opening monologue for the Emmy's was amazeballs. I can't believe they got Spicer to do that.

20. Villanelle

Villanelle Groundskeeper

High Score:
    Ballers is very formulaic: everything's great, queue problem, and...then Vince gonn' do da movie! It's pretty much Entourage and I love it.

It's easy to forget about (not caught up; stopped somewhere in S02 or 03), but it's such fun. Sometimes, I like shiny stuff. All that bling. That's probably why teenage-me loved The O.C and Gossip Girl. I mean, a big part of it were some of the actresses who I found attractive at the time. Not to mention Chuck's suits and Seth's love of Ultimate Spider-Man.

Now...I wanted to like Vice Principals. I was waiting for that one to come out for a while. Then I watched the first episode and felt thoroughly underwhelmed. On paper, it sounds like the kind of thing I'd dig. Eastbound and Down is ridiculously fun. But I just couldn't get into this. It's been a while since I tried it, and I'm willing to give it another go. Would you say it'd be worth it?