1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Crusader Kings 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Coyote, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah I spent a lot of time trying to carefully manage it so I didn't end up with a coalition landing on me but it just never came. Then I stopped worrying about it as the Hermetic Society became the game changer.

2. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

Just a note for those who haven't bought a lot of the DLCs - there's a Steam sale for Paradox games right now. All the downloadable content aside from Monks and Mystics (which isn't on sale) and Reaper's Due (which is 33% off) are currently half off.

3. Seratin

High Score:
    I have it all except Horse Lords I think. Might be time to pick it up if only for the completionist in me.

4. Kaver

Kaver Squib

5. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Would anyone be interested in a 'quantum leap' CK2 series?

Instead of all of us playing successionally in one family, we would each be picking different families and playing them until either the character dies or a certain amount of years (up for discussion). Then the next person loads up the game and picks a different family. Once it comes back to you, you can pick up the family... if your family is still alive.

Because we would be playing different families, I would suggest some of the following DLCs in order to have unique playthroughs with different religions and cultures.

I'm looking for four other people who have at least the following DLCs (all except monks and mystics would be preferred):
    - Old Gods
    - Sword of Islam
    - Legacies of Rome

6. Seratin

High Score:
    I'm down for that. I have everything except Horse Lords.

7. Lindsey

Anyone else interested?

I'm thinking 4 others, each spanning a play-through of 25 years. This means that every 100 years, it would be your turn again.

I was testing a play through out to make sure 25 years was too long/short but ended up quitting as Monks and Mystics is still INCREDIBLY BROKEN. Even after the patch.

The AI will join secret societies just because it can. If you ask one person to convert, the chances are they will convert publicly but still maintain the faith secretly. This leads them to creating a secret society and spamming the living fuck out of everyone. Eventually this starts converting others (as you actually have a very large shot of doing it), and you end up with a runaway affect where the whole freaking empire except you will be this 'secret faith' including your heirs...

Then they go public and you have massive non historical revolts on your hands that pretty much end your campaign. Not fun... not fun at all.

I shall be trying this again with secret societies turned off... which is sad because I like the idea of it (its very realistic) but the implementation is shit.

I'm going to try to go into the files myself and make the changes to have a lower shot at the AI converting others.

8. M.L.

M.L. Groundskeeper

I'd be down, although I'm missing a lot of the later dlcs. Once you fall behind, it can be hard to get back.

9. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Johan, says I, Johan you make great games. I won't even qualify that with "for a swede." But believe me, you will regret it if you base your AI around "what would vlad do."

10. Distaly

Distaly Fifth Year

I would be up to it too, but I too dont have the newer DLCS.

11. Lindsey

Can you guys list the ones you have, so I can figure out what we can work with?

Most the newish ones aren't necessary (though I think Reapers Due is one of the best expansions).

12. Seratin

High Score:
    Reaper's Due is awesome. I still have everything but horse lords.

13. Seratin

High Score:
    I've gotten to the stage where I'm almost sick to death of playing Europe so once again, my eye turns towards Westeros.

Problem. I have no idea what I want to do. I'm leaning towards creating a custom House but to what end? Where should I start? When? What should my goals be?

I ask this because unlike vanilla CK2, it's very difficult to go from count to King in AGOT. Those fucking doomstacks are a nightmare at times.

If you've ever thought of a scenario you want from Westeros or you just think doing X or Y would be cool, drop the idea for me.

EDIT: In order to further clarify for anyone not familiar with the GoT mod we have multiple suggested starting dates.

The Bleeding Years - 7996

Before the Conquest, seven Kings ruled Westeros, each struggling for Power and supremacy over the others. We can start as one of the seven Kings or a single county lord. Kings include Torrhen Stark, Argilac Baratheon, Argon Targaryen and others.

War of Conquest - 7998

Argon Targaryen and his sisters have landed at the mouth of the Blackwater vowing to conquer the seven Kingdoms. Same rules apply, you can play anyone in the world.

The Rogue Prince - 8129

Daemon Targaryen wants a crown.

Blackfyre Rebellion - 8195

Daemon Blackfyre wants a crown.

Robert's Rebellion - 8282

A crowned Stag - 8284

Greyhound Rebellion - 8289

A clash of Kings - 8299

A feast for crows - 8300

The last few are self explanatory but any date between 7998 and 8300 are available to jump into anywhere with any character.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  14. BitMyFinger

BitMyFinger Banned

One of my favorite things to try is being the Hoares in the Bleeding Years. Very difficult to keep the kingdom together. It requires Interfaith marriages to be unrestricted to really get it going. I normally start by trying to get my sons married to my vassals' daughters, then from there I wait out the wars of aggression from the Reach, the Stormlands, and the Westerlands. Your vassals will inevitably rebel and of course it becomes a clusterfuck of locking up lords and replacing them with leal sons. I actually haven't tried it with most of the new DLC so I'm excited to see how those change the situation.

15. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've often wondered about the North going south. In canon its huge and has the potential to be more powerful than its southern neighbours. Maybe start at the very beginning, as King in the North, and try to take over everyone from there? Re-establish the old faith throughout the land as well.

16. Seratin

High Score:
    Restoration of the faith of the Old Gods sounds like a good challenge, starting as a Stark King. Could be a good excuse for me to try the Century of Blood Mod Expansion.

I'm very tempted to wait a few days for the rival GoT Mod to release. Some of you have probably heard but there's a new group of developers doing their own GoT CK2 mod with nothing to do with the Original.

There's some interesting pros and cons to it from what I've seen. The map itself is much, much prettier and looks more like Westeros. They've left out Essos apart from it's Western side so it has Braavos and the Valerian Freehold.

This means that there's more room for counties in Westeros and the map benefits hugely for it in detail.

They don't have Valerian swords or familiars yet but that's planned and the start date is in the 6000s with the Andal invasion due to the Valerian Freehold's expansion.

This means that nearly all of Westeros is Old Gods. I'm actually pretty excited about this. Oh and they modelled in the actual Wall.

17. Schnarf

Schnarf Muggle

High Score:
    my friend told me about this new mod earlier today. have you had a chance to play it?

18. Seratin

High Score:
    Not yet, I'll probably sit down at some point this this week and give it a go. Early reviews are all very positive though.

19. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm posting this now because by the time my daughter is an adult, her stats are going to be so phenomenal I'm not going to be able to post this without throwing up a little and dying inside at the injustice.

Dat Stewardship tho. She's just. And kind. And humble. And temperate. And cynical. And gregarious. And brave.

And she's betrothed to some filthy Lapplander ;_; Goddamn chief of the Karelians won the jackpot when he accepted my betrothal arrangement a decade ago.

Meanwhile, my heir and namesake is a complete buffoon, with ZERO points of stewardship to his name and not a single character trait.

Attached Files:

20. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

No, not Lapland!