1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Klackerz, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Plans were cancelled to watch this. Better not suck.

---------- Post automerged at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

[​IMG]

No but seriously, everything so far looks good, though it appears as if personal bases and friendly NPCs still won't be making an appearance. Alas. One can hope.

Now, badmouthing people might say that many of these features should have been a given and been present on the first game. They'd be right, but this still looks awesome as fuck.

And apparently the ones distributing Destiny 2 to PC will be Blizzard. Huh.

2. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Blizzard is owned by Activision. That doesn't surprise me overmuch.

Did they say how they're going to distribute it? The main question I have is whether or not it's gonna be added to Blizzard's launcher/app/whatever thing that the Battle.net client morphed into.

3. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Yeah it will be. You'll be getting it through the client, they said.

4. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I got the impression that there will be friendly NPCs? They said that there will be people around maps who give you quests and stuff didn't they?

The reveal was great, they announced a lot of stuff that the community has wanted for ages, they seem to have paid attention to the PvP problems like getting rid of special weapons and limiting how many times you can revive people. The new subclasses look cool (warlock sword ftw) and there seems to be enough leeway for stuff they haven't announced, like I bet they haven't revealed everything in the game 4 months before release.

Very promising so far.

5. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    The quest-givers on the social spaces have always been friendly. I'm talking about friendly NPCs out on the map that actually fight, however effectively.

I just want to feel less like the one single person between humanity and total collapse and more like a part of something (as each guardian is supposed to be).

6. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

There might be some hope for that. We saw Zavala fight with you in the Gameplay at the stat. It could have been scripted though.

7. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    P sure that was a cutscene?

8. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Anyone have a list of confirmed features? Specifically the sub class stuff.

9. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

https://youtu.be/Daey6qGgLKU

At 24:55 Zavala is there and uses ward of dawn to protect you, but who know how natural that is. It's probably just a part of that specific encounter to make it more cinematic.

Hugplx

There's a lot of info that's come out of twitter that wasnt talked about during
    The show and I haven't found anything that collates them all. Personally am waiting for all the videos to drop tomorrow with more info about game play and the new abilities.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    3 sublasses being dropped (sunsinger, blade dancer and defender). Being replaced by Warlock Dawnblade (fire sword shooting Getsuga Tenshos), Arcstrider (electric staff) and Sentinel (captain America)

11. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Banned

I'm absolutely no fan of their decision to make Fusion/Shotgun/Sniper now part of Heavy as that changes the gameplay fundamentally. Also don't really like the loss of the Defender as the class was strategically important for Raids. It could hint to a dumbing down of future Raids. 4v4 PvP modes also hint to even smaller maps and might just be a knee jerk decision to potentially minimise latency problems vs 6v6.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    They're replacing defender with a dude with a huge purple shield, I'm sure it'll be fine.

If those guns are heavy, what's special now? Nothing?

13. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Theres basically two primary slots called kinetic and energy. Kinetic does normal damage while energy has elements.

Also sidearm and a different version of machine guns are primary now.

Also the sentinel, the new titan subclass, has a ward of dawn type shield as well as a wall type shield that you can take cover behind and shoot over.

14. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    They moved Sniper and shotguns into the heavy slot and moved hand cannons into special. Destiny 2 looks awesome, i cannot wait. The Hype is Real

15. Gengar

High Score:
    I really like Snipers as heavies if they make them feel like 50cal monsters or rail guns.

16. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Banned

But this shield looked more like a temporary protection the player probably needs to hold than a strategic bubble. That's a huge difference.

17. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Meerkats yeah that bit looks super setup, like the Ikora bit just after it. On the other hand, though they did seem to be railroaded, we did see other friendly characters in the actual game engine in a combat environment, so that's a good sign.

Maybe I'm reaching. A man can hope.

18. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I meant there is a bubble. Each class has an extra ability now. The titan can either have a bubble, that from the wording on the ability seems to stop enemies from entering it, or a wall shield that you can use as cover to shoot over and it reloads your gun automatically when you crouch behind it. These last for about 10 seconds from what I saw, and have cool downs similar to melee/grenade rather than super.

Hugplx word is some of the high caliber snipers are 1HKO even on body shots.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    Ooh I'm howny

20. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Source

P2p can work, just prefer dedicated any day of the week. Only disappointment I've read about the game so far.

Definitely keen to finally give Destiny a go, don't own a ps4 or xbone so I am happy its coming to PC.