1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite pairing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jenko, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Distaly

Distaly Fifth Year

We need a diffrence here which many seemingly don't take. What is my favorite pairing in fanfiction and what is the most realistic paring in canon.

For the latter I truely belive only H/Hr or H/G are plausible and I wonder which books all you other guys read who really thought there could be any other pairing. I might be willing to accept arguments for H/L but even that is rather meh. For everything else you imagniation must be strong. I was convinced by Ginny but there are serious implications for Hermine.

What thought is my favorite in ffn and here I answere with Harry/Fleur. It seimply is a pairing I really enjoy reading about. It is hard to tell why (and contrary to what some might think it isn't just some wish fullfillment shit). It is rare that someone pulls that pairing off good (though I admit that is most certainly true for every pairing and fic in general) but even the ones that do unforuntaly do not hit the part I like the most which would be a Fleur who is more sure of herself.

2. TheTycat

TheTycat Third Year

High Score:
    If H/L is considered realistic, how can you exclude Cho? Their problems are largely caused by Cho's issues with Cedric's death and the general stress of OotP. Harry asks her out a little earlier in GoF and suddenly they have a healthy relationship.

3. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

I'd always assumed Cedric and Cho were a couple before that year. You know of a source that says otherwise?

4. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    When Cho turns Harry down for the Ball she says that Cedric has already asked her, not that she's already got a boyfriend. Also, Harry thinks she seems genuinely sorry to have missed the chance. I suppose it isn't 100% definitive, but it's at least 85%.

5. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Challenge accepted.

6. Distaly

Distaly Fifth Year

Must admit that I completly forgot her. Thought that might show how close they truely are. There are certainly possibilities between the two, althought they are not that likely either I belive.

7. warner

warner Disappeared

High Score:
    Harry/Fleur mostly because I love Harry and no one else seems right for him.

8. torrent56

torrent56 Second Year

High Score:
    Mine is Ron/Hermione and I fully agree with what CheddarTrek said and partially what TheBurningBagel said. It's rather frustrating when people would take the chance to bash pairings they don't like when the thread as far as I can see is about what pairings people LIKE, sigh.

9. Jjones8845

Jjones8845 Squib

High Score:
    Harry using a time turner to fuck himself. Self-love is the best kind of love.

10. Waterdownblues

Waterdownblues Squib

High Score:
    I like Harry/Daphne. As their is little to no information on Daphne, the possibilities for writing fan fiction are quite broad.

Cannon wise, I like Harry/Ginny.

11. Verovir

Verovir Disappeared

High Score:
    That largely depends on my mood. Sometimes I seek out Harry with Hermione, sometimes Fleur, Lily, no pairing, femslash, etc. This is rather difficult question because of that. Harry/Hermione is probably my favourite.

12. Tydestorm

Tydestorm Squib

I wouldn't go so far as to say Harry/Fleur is my favorite pairing, but I feel it's the one that has the most unexplored potential. It's one of the most difficult pairings to write realistically though and there are very few solid stories out there with this pairing. There are many more stories to choose from for the more popular pairings compared to Harry/Fleur.

13. Severus

Severus Sent Back to India

High Score:
    I am an Snape/Lily shipper

14. aspin

aspin Squib

High Score:
    Fan of Harry / Tonks or Harry / Daphne usually. Not too big of a fan of Ginny, but also don't appreciate the Weasley bashing that occurs in some fics.

15. Severus

Severus Sent Back to India

High Score:
    Severus/Fem Harry. Severus gets another chance at redemption and gets Lily back.

16. Blinker

Blinker Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Snape never had Lily, unless that scene in the DH film where he cradles her body while weeping carried on after the camera left.

17. ScarlettFire

ScarlettFire Squib

High Score:
    Harry/OC, because I always thought Harry and Ginny were like siblings and is always fun to read how the other characters react when Harry introduced a new someone.
    I also like Hermione/Draco, I don´t know why, I know is impossible, but I just like it.

18. Lexx

Lexx Squib

High Score:
    Harry/Luna if only because Luna is one of my favorite characters and I love reading her interactions with other characters. Also, it seemed so far-fetched when I first started reading it but it has a certain appeal to me now. This is really just a selfish pairing for me.

19. ApicNexie

ApicNexie Squib

High Score:
    I dont have any big preferences, but for me it is all about how the relationship grows. The author has to take enough time to get them together, especially if it is a pairing like Bella/Harry, in which the protagonists are normally not close at all beforehand. A well executed Bella/Harry is the best for me tho, just because I enjoy Bellas character contrast to Harry very much.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  20. LightLordPotter

LightLordPotter Disappeared

High Score:
    Personally, I would rather Harry lust after someone but not be capable of getting them due to his status in the Wizarding world and the weights placed on his shoulders. It creates a better dynamic, and it doesn't have to waste time on all the annoying meandering.