1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I like. Believe the Koalas and Rubicon reads developed naturally. I don't think anyone townread either of them; witches tried to play the "oh if Koalas nurses Miner then he's totally town guys!" game and that predictably blew up.

The push on font also feels town for him, because going toe-to-toe with font when she's not on your team is um. An experience.

---------- Post automerged at 23:43 ---------- Previous post was at 23:43 ----------

I'm doing this for Regfan, not for you, bye.

---------- Post automerged at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:43 ----------

Believe me I'd much rather go to bed and let all of you hash this out, but Newcomb is watching me and I can't let him down.

---------- Post automerged at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:46 ----------

What.

It's like you've never endgamed before.

---------- Post automerged at 23:50 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

I don't think Cobalt reacts this way to me sniping 1) his buddy, and 2) someone he was already publicly scumreading anyways?

---------- Post automerged at 23:55 ---------- Previous post was at 23:50 ----------

I dreamed a dream in time gone by...

---------- Post automerged at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:55 ----------

This is incredibly sincere.

---------- Post automerged at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:58 ----------

Okay, I only looked through Cobalt's posts that had any mention of the flipped mafia. And I came out thinking he's town.

I'm afraid to look at Vira's ISO again and come out with an equally strong townread, but oh well let's go no brakes.

---------- Post automerged 05-24-2017 at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was 05-23-2017 at 23:59 ----------

god Vira has so many more posts than Cobalt, I'm so tired

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

And then I realized I could be protected N8 and wouldn't die.

:(

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

This WH will always be remembered as the one where literally everyone wanted to die.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Swear on something significant if I agree to believe you're town.

---------- Post automerged at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

...this actually makes sense coming from scum Vira.

---------- Post automerged at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Like, "yay I'm not scum!" and then let's not mislynch Rubicon this time, then joke-voting Rubicon...

The earliest of earlygame distancing, perhaps?

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

So I had a weak townread on Vira basically from the get-go because of her first post. She says she isn't going to vote for/mislynch Rubicon, then changes her mind and votes him. I thought scum would feel self-conscious about changing their mind like that.

This is something that really strengthened that townread, especially when owner became obvious mafia.

Her vote then shifts to Fable > Reg > Miner > owner. The owner vote is whatever, we all knew it was happening. Still strong townread.

This is a really small thing that feels slightly off, reading it now.

She wants owner to move her vote, even though owner is the one being wagoned. It just strikes me as busywork-y, posting to post and look helpful. She doesn't seem to care about font's or Jan's votes. I thought maybe it was because they were voting for someone she was scumreading, but I don't think she was scumreading Reg at the time.

And realistically, why does she, as town, care what they do with their votes at that point? Her top scumread has nine votes already.

Does a town Survivalist say this to bait the kill? Does a witch Survivalist say this to project townie frustration?

Her reads are more mixed up, good scum positioning; a couple buddies at the bottom, some in the middle, hard-townreading safe-ish people.

---

Gonna stop looking at her later readslists because yeah, if she's mafia then all of her readslists are going to look clean.

Small thing, but has Vira always been so votal helpful?

---

Eh, and then we get into more recent posts, so I'm through here.

Gun to head, I'm killing Vira over Cobalt. I freely admit I don't feel good about killing either of them, and I can't help but feel that no matter how hard I try it's going to be the wrong decision, but I'd honestly just rather rip off the bandaid than flip-flop until the game ends.

---------- Post automerged at 00:33 ---------- Previous post was at 00:30 ----------

I found the absolute perfect cut of Parmesan cheese at work today. About the size/shape of one of those travel tubes of hand lotion, and it's all cheese, no rind. I'm going to get club cracker tomorrow, cut the cheese up into little cubes, and eat the entire thing.

I swear on that piece of cheese.

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Same! And I could have been dead too if it wasn't for fucking Newcomb.

If he's mafia he can't have though that Fontisian was the apprentice to Jarizok or that she was the acolyte to him as the priest since Jarizok and the apprentice were both mafia. He'd have to fake the entire thing here, which seems unlikely given this read follows through 2 day phases and ~10 posts.

I appreciate it.

This is fair. Him not realising that Koalas was dead didn't seem faked.

Makes sense. I said I wasn't going to read into the angels decision much since 'so many variables' etc but I've got one thought from them that I can't shake and that's Kai wasn't protected depsite him being a fairly obvious night kill, if Cobalt is scum and Kai has made it clear he's going to blow up Cobalt a lot of the time surely he gets protected, him dying has to be a point towards Cobalt being town.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

oops, my brain stopped after "he thought font was the Acolyte" and didn't reach the part where he thought she was Acolyte to Jarizok. My bad.

---------- Post automerged at 00:42 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

wow now I feel ridiculous for looking into the Angel save on you but not the lack of Angel save on Kai :/

I don't know why I play mafia, it feels like my brain is blind to basic logic sometimes.

---------- Post automerged at 00:44 ---------- Previous post was at 00:42 ----------

Because yeah, Kai was a super obvious kill since he was never getting lynched.

Out of all of us, he was really the only one scumreading Cobalt, I think. Reg was coming around to lynching Vira, I'm a waffly bitch who'd probably end up sheeping Reg, and Vira was banking on Jarizok being the last mafia, so if Cobalt is mafia then Kai being alive is town's best shot at winning.

---------- Post automerged at 00:47 ---------- Previous post was at 00:44 ----------

I am genuinely, unironically happy that for a second we could all bond over lynching Eidolonic, but there's still work to be done.

Vote Vira

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Hey Vaimes if you're a witch here and lying to me, in order to earn this win you'd have to put "Daddy Cobalt owns my bussy" in your signature for the next three games.

Deal?

---------- Post automerged at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

And on every site you play on for the next three games there too.

9. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Lets not get into "promises" and "sig bets" please.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

The cheese promise was just a silly thing. Don't sweat it.

11. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Bolded is exactly how I feel right not ftr.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

idk, I still think my meta speaks for itself and that you (Cobalt) are overthinking things.

Going from getting lynched D2 or earlier to being so phenomenally smooth as scum that literally everyone is confused as to who the final mafia is is just...don't I fucking wish it.

Like I'm reading Newcomb's ISO and he has a bunch of "nothing makes sense" posts and I'm like, man if I were scum this game I'd print out every single page and make a giant obnoxious poster and hang it on my wall because nothing would ever top how good it would feel to fool literally everyone. I'd have more pride about this game than graduating college.

---------- Post automerged at 01:06 ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 ----------

Also if we lose I'm not going to blame myself at all because Reg is totally the one who led three lynches on two confirmed villagers. :V

---------- Post automerged at 01:07 ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 ----------

Reg, what exactly is your avatar?

I've been meaning to ask.

13. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Let’s Read: Mountainious Mafia #1 With Vira.

And you say your memory is better than mine.

Votals and this? I see I was Zenzao all along.

Also, hi Zenzao.

Wat. Cobalt, I thought you said you got to F3 in this game???

I started over. For you.

What.

Okay, um, that was short. QTs are also exist, I guess. Vaimes basically AFK-ed out of the game. What am I supposed to do with this. Seriously. Oh, Rubicon read Vaimes as scum immediately, but here they are scummates and this did not happen. Vaimes went after Font. Does this mean anything? I dunno.

I guess I'll reply to people.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Cobalt and I were mafia together in a different game.

---------- Post automerged at 01:15 ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 ----------

Also I told you my partner was tom, and in that game it was clearly advertised there were only two mafia?

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Yeah, I deserve that.

Very long story, I started mafia playing at EpicMafia (Puke, I know) and it was an avatar that someone there gave me to use (Just the pink part), the party hat was given to me for joining part of a neighbourhood chat in a Forum Mafia game at MafiaScum ~6? years ago and I've kept it since, mostly because I suck at picking one to change it to.

You thought Cobalt was miles away from his scum play but what do you make overall of Vaimes there v here? And if you want another scum game of his to read Witch Hunt 6 if you have time.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Ohhh, it's a party hat.

Okay.

That was bugging me since I first saw it, I only saw it as a random triangle with the tip a bit cut off and it's always annoyed me.

17. Vira

High Score:
    I will not let people slack in this game.

This is what happened last game:

There will be no repeat of this. I will train and have trained everyone if I have to.

I have Post-Traumatic Game Disorder.

+1

Seriously, what is Vaimes supposed to say here?

Cobalt confused me and I didn't bother looking at the opening post. I will accept blame.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

No I got to F3 in... Stardew Valley? Which one was it

---------- Post automerged at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

No, Concussion Mafia.

19. Vira

High Score:
    Better than that other scum game he posted aside from activity. Seems braver, willing to interact. Took on Font. Here he clearly has the time and energy to post a lot. What else? I dunno.

I'm tired. It's late.

And I'm not reading that. Just the thought of it makes me go "Ughhhhhhh"

I don't see Vaimes or Cobalt asking for Hannibal Mafia. I know you want information but I'm dead insane and I want to sleep forever.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Vira I didn't start posting actively in Concussion until like day 3 when both my teammates were fried. So save yourself the trouble and start there.