1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    RWBY Mafia Votal 1.4.

Vaimes [3]: Waco, Jari, Acio.
    Stanari [3]: Font, Quiddity, Blab.
    Fontisian [3]: Adult, Fable, Cobalt.
    Zenzao [1]: Vaimes.
    Fable [1]: Stanari.
    Acio [1]: Reg.

Not Voting [6]: dichotomousCreator, Jan, KaiDASH, Plotless, pienyan, Zenzao.

With 18 votes alive, it will be 10 votes to soft lynch and 14 votes to hard lynch.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Poor Cobalt. 2nd wind activates and no one is here to pat him on the back.

Me? No! I am here to make fun of him.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

This is rude.

>:/

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Well as long as one of us gets a lot of enjoyment out of it. (me)

Up until yesterday I had this plan to wear a suit and be all fancy wedding Jan.

Then a few friends came up to me with the plan that all of us should wear kilts.

Now there will be 4-5 weird guys without underwear at the wedding. Gonna be a blast!

5. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Hmm, tied wagons. Let's see...well, only one of those wagons is voting me :thinking:

Vote: fontisian

I'm going to sleep, good night all!

6. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Different question wrt vaimes, do you think he could manage to declare he's going to pocket me and then actually attempt it?

On jan/jari idk I'd be okay lynching jarizok right now? All I'm getting from him is that he feels like he's trying too hard to sound unconcerned/shitposty.

Jan is always mega-uhhhhhhh for me but I /think/ townlean on him? Like, 152 feels straightforward/genuine thoughts over "constructed".

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I would like some fire to torch a witch.

Does anyone have any?

8. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    DC whenever you get in I'd like your opinion on vaimes' interactions with cobalt.

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I think that was a bit more tongue-in-cheek than it seems but it does read a little deadpan.

but it's w/e I was just joking around. Can't tell you how to read ppl.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

What is the last part about?

You could try to convince me. Not in this case because you have no opinion, but in general.

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I'm gonna get tired of these puns real freakin quick LMAO.

Who even is this Adult person? Hi!

---------- Post automerged at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Well, no, there's nothing to convince you on because your read makes sense based on how the post came off, I was just joking around and making a Chris Crocker reference because I like Stanari.

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Regfan, I agree with the consensus ish town reads on Blab, Von and Cobalt, in that order and look forward to interacting with Stanari. That's it.

I'll be ruminating on Acio et al tonight and get back to you.

15. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    I will have more to say after I take a shower and take some time to sit down with this game, but in the meantime, I want to lay down some ground rules with regards to reading Regfan.

1. If he is alive in late-game and is lurking, lynch him, he's scum.

2. If he is alive in late-game and has lynched/is lynching multiple town players for dubious reasoning, lynch him, he's scum.

3. If he is alive in late-game and you can't understand how his reads are progressing the way they are, lynch him, he's scum.

4. Multiply any of this by 10x if I get killed early in the game.

Now no one has any excuse and I will simply point and laugh if he kills me N1 and ends up being allowed to coast to endgame somehow. You're welcome.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

What do we do about you if Regfan dies n1? pienyan ?

Where are your from?
    Timezone is enough if you are a secretive person about such things.

If I tell you that Regfan tried to lynch several town in a row in the last game we played, but he was town, would that surprise you?

How much experience do you have in the games of mafia?

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Vira - I'm voting Jarizok, not Acio.

Vaimes - I don't have a problem with Cobalts reasoning behind town reading me whatsoever, feels like he's come to that conclusion fairly organically and his "Not had a reason to doubt the read" type stance re; "Reassessing" is fairly reasonable. I'm also just finding a lot of his reads and thoughts on players in the game to line up with mine so far and really am pretty confident you're both town here.

fontisian - Look forward to your Acio read, got any thoughts on Jan yet?

I really don't like Stanaris pop in vote on Fontisian in Post #165, the consideration that votes need to be on a main wagon in the game in the early hours of a 96 hour day phase doesn't feel right and the lack of thoughts about anything that happened in the Acio/Vaimes/Cobalt/Me discussion makes more sense as scum. Would like some actual reads/thoughts from them.

Had a little chuckle at Pies entrance post, don't think it's alignment indicative from her at all though and would argue that some of it is incorrect given last game. I'll let her get around to answering Jans questions. Mostly just interested in where she's at when she's finished reading through the thread.

I think Vaimes's reaction towards your push on him and his "I'll pocket him" type comment are him outside his scum range, frankly I'm pretty much at "bet the game level" of him being town, really think you stepping back and looking at his posts altogether would lead you at the same conclusion too. I also think us spending this much time on him is probably silly.

I really like your thoughts on both Jari/Jan though and you've put where I'm at with Jari better than I could myself, feels like he's putting forward an 'act', think if he genuinely thought Vaimes was mafia and he was town here he'd have responded to the question about why he scum reads him instead of ignoring it and doubling down by attempting to link Vaimes/Myself together.

18. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I wouldn't necessarily describe it as dubious reasoning.

19. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Roll over and die as I endgame you all and Regfan sits there in the dead QT and laments about how evil I am (but not really, I'm a sweet innocent nice girl, be gentle with me. :3).

I'm from AZ, but my sleep schedule is pretty broken. I would not even be able to predict what time I'll "usually" be online, I'll mostly just try to read and post when I am around.

I'm surprised at how bad of a game that ended up being for him, but I think I've hopefully laid out a clear enough picture of what he tends to do when he's scum to where whoever is alive at that point could figure it out for themselves; it's a "kinda sorta fell out of the game, isn't engaging in any depth or game solving and only providing throwaway reads, forcing reads on easy targets until he makes it" versus "is trying and you can tell he has genuine reason to believe in what he posts but is just horribly wrong".

I have multiple years on mafiascum, I joined here since that site tires me and I want to try out playing my logical style in a game again (as opposed to the emotional style I've taken to playing on that site just due to how their meta has become).

Anyway, commencing read now...

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Okay. Introduction out of the way.

Looking forward to reads and things now.