1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

That's an ok gif usage. I rate it C+.

2. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    pienyan - It's not implausible or even difficult for him as mafia to town read Vaimes there, you're correct with that but it's not that individual read of his that I'm town reading, it's his thoughts overall, like sure his reasoning on Acio there is 'weak' but it's something I agreed with completely and given he stated it before I commented much on Acio that's a good look. I do disagree with his interactions around Vaimes/Myself coming across as TMI and think it makes sense as town, I'll grab the link for where he town read me for similar reasons last game tomorrow sometime.

I think this is where you're losing me completely, if you look at it from the perspective of "Jarizok is scum reading Vaimes, Jarizok gets questioned about his Vaimes scum read and doesn't give an answer but makes a 'jokey' post about the person asking him the question being scum with Vaimes" then Cobalts point in his post and maintenance of a scum read on Jarizok makes perfect sense, it's less about him being "reachy" and more about it being a really awful response, "ugly" as Cobalt put it. I think overall we're wasting too much time discussing this particular read though so I'll just leave it as this; I'm pretty comfortable calling Cobalt town right now, I think you're wrong on him here, perhaps step back and reread him later, if you still scum read him come mid/late day we can go over him again then.

3. blab

blab Second Year

I think the only world where scum!Cobalt is massively more likely to post that is the scum!reg/scum!vaimes world.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

It is 6:40am. I have to meet friends in 2 hours, and work in 6. I don't think tonight will involve sleep. Accordingly, forgive me if this lacks coherency.

Blab /feels/ the most town. His reactions are fluid and timely. They make sense in order, but don't have the rigidity of a fake mindset being concocted. I'll find some example quotes for Reg soon.tm.

The post about the votes on me being bad is an exception. I can defend myself. What was the point?

I don't want to say Cobalt is too abrasive or trying to hard to be mafia, as he is capable, while in the right mood. The attitude where he expects to be townread is a little more convincing. I think it's important to determine whether his reads are opportunities of genuine wrt the townread on von, as if cobalt is mafia and von town, he would know von is likely going to get townread and would want to beat everyone there. Will need to look at his other reads again to assess, though I remember them feeling genuine.

Von has high activity and strength behind his responses. The Zenzao vote is concerning, as it seems like he may be sticking with it as a easy vote. I don't think that wording really gets the concept, mrg, but that's the base of it. As scum, I think Von tries to psych himself up in thread, which the first post may have been a part of. I'm lightly townreading him, but I do not feel comfortable locking it in.

Q is ... erratic in a way I think is town. I understand Reg not liking some of his content, but I actually find very on point content to be more scum indicative for Q. It seems like he is poking at the things at the things that interest him instead of the things that look good.

Acio has notes of hostility to him, but I vaguely remember him doing something similar as town and I can't fault him for reacting negatively to Cobalt. I might understand him better if u knew whether he was merely suspicious of Von or also trying to pick apart Reg's reads.

I've been asked about Jan. Everything he's done gas been easy. No read.

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

this seems to be a weird follow on?

6. fontisian

(He's saying Cobalt is probably town, scum!kai.)

---------- Post automerged at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

Man, Von's vote on Zenzao is just so bad. I'm looking at it, and I don't really want to defend Zenzao, because he's done shit all, and my instincts say that scum!Von is with Zen anyway, but damn is the certainty and the refusal to change votes when he dislikes something a bit later unlike town!Von.

7. blab

blab Second Year

I have looked at the passage reg and pie were talking about and tbh, I don't think it's that alignment indicative, except in the world where jarizok is right where scum!Cobalt has the urge to immediatly discredit Jarizok while town!Cobalt is just normally likely to do that.

8. fontisian

This is pretty town though.

I should probably just wait a day and it'll be obvious.

---------- Post automerged at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

I iso'd Waco. He's so useless and fluffy, he's probably town.

---------- Post automerged at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Stanari, you may want to get a bit serious quickly. The joking lines that just feel awkward aren't helping.

---------- Post automerged at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

I hope that when Jon destroyed us in a fit of demon mayorly rage some aspects of the subforum survive.

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Why'd this have to explode while I was sleeping? >.>

10. fontisian

Life is like a rapidly expanding thread: long and pointless.

11. blab

blab Second Year

Life is sometimes short and pointless

12. fontisian

Life is like blab: Short and pointless.

13. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Not what I was saying.

Those were my caught up reads, tbh.

Eh, I found the manner of delivery odd. Like, the message is kinda a) Regfan is scary/late-game, and some general things about it, and b) I am good at reading him. If you look at what is actually said, even if you don't know you, it's literally just standard practice with anyone. There's no insight there. Like maybe the fact that you are good/don't generally screw up, so maybe it doesn't apply to Mathblade or whatever, but still.

It feels prepared to have a prepared, rather than a genuine feeling behind it.

14. fontisian

I'd like to amend that to "Blab's dick."

15. Quiddity

High Score:
    Cobalt is temp!banned. Not to question or anything, but @Eidolon is that just stuff here, or is there non-mafia stuff going on?

---------- Post automerged at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

To clarify: I didn't get a read off Vaimes that prompted this.

I was just looking for a easily-explained-away vote that I could hunker on for a while whilst I waited for my buddies to check in.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Oh come on fonti.
    You have become Banks.

Last game we played everyone read me town d1, several people had me as top town and Banks was like : "Don't read Jan town, he hasn't done anything out of his scumrange."

He did that for 3 days, then got paranoid because he was still alive and everybody but me would have fearkilled him.

I mean .. he was right. I was scum and left him alive because he played like shit, but there is no reason to fearmonger every game.

Anyways. Only skimmed through most of the last 4-5 hours and I am slightly amused that Cobalt got temp-banned. Let's hope that is a 24 hour ban and all will be better tomorrow.
    Pretty sure Eido made a post in his capacity as moderator in this thread earlier and if you look at Cobalts posts you should find your answers.

The Reg/Pien back and forth reads genuine, but not indicative of anything.

Reg would not bring someone he likes to play here, if she was not capable of posting well as either alignment.

Q is Q and I agree that you should not give him credit for sub par posts. He knows his scumtell by now and he knows some of us know.
    Not a read I would want to make this early. He will show his true colours soon enough.

---------- Post automerged at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------
    Quiddity - why not random vote or no vote?

What is the difference to your vaimes vote and the other two options that made you pick it?

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Please tolerate the following stream of thoughts post as a catch up.

Reg seems fine so far, Acio's #101 makes me cringe a bit but seems a bit brazen to coming from a wolf though I don't think it's a helpful stance either way.

No idea on stanari or jar atm.

Kind of like cobalt being this active this early, half a notch in the village direction. Cobalt/Vaimes stuff seems dumb and nitty. As I continue to read it vaimes seems okayish though? Like if he just continued to tunnel cobalt that'd be one thing but he is trying to get him to interact which is probably a good thing.

Jan just seems like a villager to me so far.

pien's first post I kind of don't like since I've done something similar to it as a wolf before. It's seeming helpful while not actually being helpful at all, people can read reg on their own. Not thrilled with that cobalt read either.

Convinced blab will just always hate everything I do (which is unfortunate cuz I am slightly V reading him).

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

As backup to my early Fable prod about the vote.

I had a weird picture in my head at the time that I thought as scum he would have been likely to check the playlist to see how strong his team is compared to the playlist and things like that.

In that case he would have poked Stanari from the get go and I would have given him a few townpoints for it.
    The fact that he apparently thought about voting for her, but didn't do it from the start makes it void.

Plus the whole thing was one of those reads you know are bad, but you still believe in them.

19. Quiddity

High Score:
    Read Vaimes post again. Why would I vote him from that, bearing in mind my other posts today (including the remainder of that post above)?

Ain't rocket science.

Sure, we know that you know that I know that we know, but people have been saying that since the Tinyhunt. I've yet to see anyone actually turn that meta to catching me, though I'm more than willing to see this game set that precedent.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    For future reference this doesn't actually work for me, I don't usually care about who's on my team, when I do rand wolf I just do my thing and let the rest of the team do theirs and w/e happens happens.