1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And one of these days I'll catch someone directly, but in the meanwhile I'm still generating information to work from, even if its as simple as someone side-eying me when I format a wall that appears to be contrary to what I've been saying.

You cannot possibly be this thick when so much information has been laid before you unless you are trying to be. Sure, the Day is 96 hours long, but I've grown used to a certain pace as the hours unfold. I expect you to put your vote where your mouth is since there is no excuse to hang onto it as more information comes along.

Either Cobalt is going to turn up against or he's going to be replaced soon. Either way he isn't here at this moment to contribute and either dig his hole deeper or dig his way out of it, hence why I haven't voted him to this point.

---------- Post automerged at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 23:18 ----------

Welcome to the game properly, dC. If you've skimmed the last few pages you might want to read them over a little more surely. I don't agree with you on Vaimes/Quid, or Fonti.

---------- Post automerged at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

Also, I've got to get today's writing done before midnight, and from now until roughly 3:30 am EST I'm going to be only half paying attention to the game.

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    No just no. Cobalt shouldn't even be in the discussion right now until he gets back honestly so I don't even know why you're bringing him up. Second no I'm not going to vote just because you want me to, it didn't work when people tried to do it in WH8 and it won't work here and I don't really care if you don't like it but you are making it more and more likely that when I do decide on a lynch candidate for today it's going to be you with ridiculous posts like these.

3. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Clarifying my position on vaimes: I think he's town but I wouldn't like, give him a gun or anything, especially after 311. But. From what I've seen of him as scum and people who know him better agreeing with the assessment he's a fairly comfortable townread.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'll get a full readslist out sometime, but hipfire reads are:

Zenzao feels off. His tiltedness from the reversed readslist didn't feel genuine at all. Like, he's played with a lot of people who have seen it before, and AFAIR he didn't get a lot out of them in the past. (In fact, I believe there was one game where he mentioned his incredulity that nobody talked about his readspost, and then nothing really came of it. I'd have to check to make sure) The fact that he blew up at Reg was... weird.

I like Acio's questioning of people, reminds me of how I used to see the game. "Ask a lot of questions to force people to be active in order to note unusual/sketchy play to find scum." I only played with him in Concussion Mafia though, so IDK what his meta really is.

Vaimes... is probably town. But this is mostly because he's got that town swagger about him that is consistent with town!Vaimes. Would probably revisit this one down the line at some point.

As I've mentioned before, everyone who jumped on fonti's wagon post-RVS should probably be axed. That means Fable, Cobalt, Stanari, and blab. Out of all four, Stanari's vote post was the one I disliked the most.

I actually have a slight townlean on pien. I don't think it makes sense for scum!pien who's mentioned that she was new and just learning to come hot out of the gates with a "Here's what to do with Reg". I would've expected a little more hesitance and could probably play up the newcomer angle a lot. Definitely don't see that kind of entrance into the thread at the very least.

Jari I've talked about a little.

Everyone else will have to wait until tomorrow. I either don't have a strong opinion on them or I haven't really read their posts. Or they're lurking.

---------- Post automerged at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

I always think "agreeing with town consensus that Vaimes is town" is a dangerous line to take because surely one of these days he's going to be scum and we're not going to find him.

Right?

RIGHT?

Like, I think he's town, but less because town consensus and more because I think this is what town!Vaimes looks like.

Scum!Vaimes is probably hiding somewhere at this point. >:) hehe.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Yes adult chainlynch everyone who joke voted fonti because I'm sure that's how wolves play.

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

I don't think those were jokevotes bud.

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I. have. no. words.

---------- Post automerged at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

FUCKING WHAT?!

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

You're only allowed one RVS vote. Don't get greedy now!

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Are you trolling right now? Serious question.

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yo. Not caught up. I strongly think Miner is town.

I'll be looking into lynching Fable again <3.

---------- Post automerged at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Does anyone remember Zen's last scum game? I need a quick refresher.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Batman 2 mafia?

12. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Look at who's learned nothing since last game.

---------- Post automerged at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Actually question to people who were in WH8 with me, if I hadn't rolled a holy role do you think you would have lynched me at some point?

13. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I will do that and get back to you, and my opinion on Vaimes is already "wait and see" so I think we're good on that front. In exchange though, can you talk about what you find good about Quid and Fonti?

---------- Post automerged at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

EBWOP: Okay. I can SORTA see where you're coming from on Quiddity, but I still feel like the "disappear when things get hairy" pattern from early in the game is meh enough to warrant scrutiny. Their later content is BETTER, but only to nullread level so taken with the earlier stuff I'm still not happy.

And I still don't see anything super great about font. There is a reason they're not in my scumread category, though.

14. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Regardless of alignment, you are now my Favorite.

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I really like a lot of DC's initial catch up wall in Post #351, finding things like his analysis on Cobalt and his consideration of what someones alignment means to someone else to come across as very genuine and town. The overall reads stated at the end most mirror where I am (With the obvious exeception of Vaimes) the way he's explained treating him in Post #358 and Post #373 makes plenty of sense and comes across as him actually attempting to gamesolve rather than fabricate reasoning to push people. That combined with raisons I'm pretty certain DC is always town here.

I don't really like Zenzao v Fable from either side but not in an AI way? I think it's an argument based on mostly silly things that have been blown out of proportion, I didn't have a problem with Fables Fontisian vote so much nor am I concerened that he hasn't moved his vote yet, it's not as if those 4 votes are going to lead towards a lynch. The comments back and forth about Cobalt are just...meaningless? I'm not really coming out of it with a huge alignment read on either though.

Got a weak town read on him but nothing to write to the bank? I've liked a few of his elaborated reads (ie. Fontisian / Quiddity / Kai) but don't think they're unfakebale at all. I'm pretty much just hoping that I'll have a better read there later today. I thought Jari's comment on Fable was pretty null and ftr, I agree with DC about Waco being a weak-town read.

Adults off-the-cuff reads in Post #364 make me feel a bit better about him, can follow most of the reasoning on the reads and agree with some of it too although I think the reasoning behind town reading Pie is incorrect.

Probably going to drop a reads list before I head out but I'll be gone for ~12 hours.

16. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yo. Phoneposting. Could you elaborate on where I was pressured earlier? I feel like Kai is the closest that has come to, and that was super recent.

---------- Post automerged at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------
    Zenzao Cobalt is tempbanned. Hes not getting replaced.

---------- Post automerged at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Has Fable played with Zenzao before? He seems weirdly pissed.

DC, what does active vs. Absent scumread mean?

---------- Post automerged at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Oh and if LegendaryQ is a player than that's not me.

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Vaimes
    dichotomousCreator
    Cobalt
    Jan
    blab
    Acionyx

The Waco Kid
    fontisian
    Zenzao
    Adult

Fable
    Jarizok
    Quiddity
    Pienyan

KaiDASH
    Stanari
    Plotless

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I have not and I'm pissed because he's literally just making a big deal out of nothing (Read:my fonti vote) and for w/e reason this was only a problem after I suspected him.

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Order matters in all the tiers but green. Some of the ones in blue I switched around about half a dozen times and don't feel great about the placement I ended up on of any of them other than Waco but that's roughly where I'm at.

Alright I'm out for a bit. More people joining me on Plotless would be cool.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Don't see the case on plotless?