1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    The 1/3 or so of DC's catchup wall that I read is excellent.
    Someone else brought that particular point up before me, but my real question is what's wrong with OMGUS? Not rhetorical.

2. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I really didn't like this post at all and feel like it comes from scum significantly more often? I also think Post #256 shows that they're here and actively lurking the thread but haven't really contributed any real reads and thoughts outside of the post quoted above, pretty much feels like new-scum that doesn't know how to insert themselves in the thread naturally. By no means a slam dunk type read but I don't really have a lot better right now?

Also about WH, I had you as town D1 but didn't know how to go into the read since it was somewhat based around you 'slipping' and not realising that scum had an extra role, I don't think I ever scum read your play during the day phase though so hard for me to comment more on that.

---------- Post automerged at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

And now I really do have to leave.

3. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Quiddity - Initially meant "scumread for behaviour" vs. "scumread for conspicuous absences". In reality that distinction kind of went to the dogs about halfway through, so it can probably be ignored.
    Regfan - Just noticed that KaiDASH is a giant hole in my reads...I had him as null due to saying very little, could you talk a bit about why he's so low down your list?

---------- Post automerged at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

EBWOP:

There's a few possible reasons:
    - It comes off as trying to directly get people to stop lynching you, which is kind of scummy
    - It's a cheap justification. You can always say "I'm town so X is voting for town so vote X" without having to think too much, which makes it an easy scum out
    - It tends to enflame tensions by making things personal. Even if you're NOT scum, this can cause derailing

I think I missed some stuff, but that's how I understand it.

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    QUOTE=Adult;994605]As I've mentioned before, everyone who jumped on fonti's wagon post-RVS should probably be axed. That means Fable, Cobalt, Stanari, and blab. Out of all four, Stanari's vote post was the one I disliked the most.[/QUOTE]
    So, let's be clear: everyone gets one RVS vote and one only?

Hmm. On the one hand I find this push utterly silly but on the other hand it's not inconsistent with a certain worldview. I guess. Hmm.

---------- Post automerged at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Ugh. Of course this only happens when I neglect to preview.

---------- Post automerged at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Okay, which of these problems do you see in evidence in the post in question? Unless OMGUS and attacking your attacker aren't synonymous for you, which suddenly strikes me as a possibility.

5. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Stanari - Bingo! I use OMGUS to mean "unjustified attcking the attacker". Your attack on your attacker WAS justified, so not OMGUS.

In this case, I brought that up because it slightly mitigates the point you had. Like, yes someone saying they'll wait to vote for you implies they were planning to regardless of your response, but given you're the target it adds a higher than usual chance that you were examining their wording for a reason to go after them.

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I don't really see the point in over examining RVS votes. I feel like stanari reacts the way she did no matter her alignment so I don't get the focus on it.

7. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Heyo I can't tell if I missed it or you're ignoring me or if I didn't make it clear that I was asking a question, but I would like to hear your thought process more here.

---------- Post automerged at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

I am curious as to what you think my motivation for that vote was.

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Didn't read as an RVS vote to me, read as an actual vote based on what you said.

Aaaaaalso why are you trying to get people to stop analyzing a vote aimed at you?

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I didn't think it was serious?

Because reading too much into joke votes is dumb no matter who they're aimed at.

10. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Actually this is also kind of hmm but I'm not sure what to do with it yet.

---------- Post automerged at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Serious and joke is sort of a continuum for me, by the way.

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Also read over plotless and I read them more as clueless rather than wolfy.

---------- Post automerged at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Would be nice if they didn't let vira outpost them though.

12. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Cobalt entered this discussion for why I haven't voted until this point when he's been in my leading scum position on my wall and why I'm now voting you.

Have a fun-fact: I don't RVS. I find a reason behind my votes.

Its the fact that within three posts Reg wiped out any chance of getting a TMI slip from the remaining new players. I'd only just started laying a trap for info from Fable and that too went up in smoke. It isn't (usually) meant for the players who know me(scum!Fonti was a delicious fluke). The game you're talking about is probably the one I replaced into while HPM was still going, which goes to show that yeah, not every new player might respond to it, but its worth doing regardless.

+/-

+/-

Elaborate more please on how you feel about blab.

I'd agree with that, more or less.

I'll hold you to that.

I'm making a big deal out of it because you've been told by two different users why my wall was done the way it was done, you've been confronted with information that confirms this is something I've done in the past and not just pulling out of my ass for this game, and you're the one who has been deliberately misunderstanding my placement of dC and blowing the matter out of proportion. Forgive me if I do not tolerate this.

I told you to engage me and bring heat, which you haven't done in anyway that furthers progress, and it was you who brought up the Fonti vote with a shit-tier reasoning for why you're still parked on her, so yes, I'm grilling you over that.

You're a less complex Mathblade, Fable. And I'm quitting this cyclical conversation to concentrate elsewhere.

This is the first time I've seen that happen to a player in an active game. Until he does return I'm going to be looking at other probable scum.

It sure as hell feels like we have, but I'm just having flashbacks to FS!WH3 and Narutomafia.
    Consider it a gut read on Fonti. I was riding her ass hard for almost the entirety of MM and until she flipped as town I still did not believe she was. This in contrast to tunneling her for most of D1 of Mimefia where she was scum, and we've had a handful of games together before that. What's she posted so far isn't pinging me badly.

As Vaimes says, Bat2. Me, Kento, Titus, and I think Malakittens.

Interesting color choice and placement. I'll give this a thorough look tomorrow, most likely.

---------- Post automerged at 01:10 ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 ----------

For once I agree with you. Plotless does need to post more. So does Waco, pienyan, Miner, Jarizok. Most players under 20 posts at this point of D1.

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Personal note: I don't think it's likely that scum would publicly disarm a trap like this on purpose. Given they have private chat, they'd just tell each other not to fall for it and laugh at townies that accidentally do something stupid that looks like tripping it.

Noted. MY last vivid memory of font is Cathunt scum, so that's probably why I'm a little more wary: nothing she's posted has particularly pinged me as POSITIVE, either, so I'm kinda being leery at this stage.

That, and I seem to remember her being more prominent in her towngames in the past.

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I wasn't blowing anything out of proportion I was just explaining my problems with it multiple times because people weren't getting it. Also yeah you don't get to tell me how to play I'll vote when I'm ready and again you can read WH8 where I explain exactly how I play. I don't jump on things early game at all because that's how dumb tunnels happen and I like to give people a fair chance and be thorough.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I don't think Plotless actively lurking is alignment indicative for him.

I'm gonna reread a bit before bed.

16. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Going to bed and will be out tomorrow so don't expect much. I think this is about where I'm at?

{dC}
    {Zenzao}
    {pie, Cobalt}
    {Fable}
    {a bunch of other people}
    {Plotless}
    {fontisian}

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm reading the early Cobalt/Reg stuff and yeah I still hate it.

Decisions.

---------- Post automerged at 01:48 ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 ----------

Stanari is giving me scum!owner vibes, in a "deliberately trying to limit thread presence/impact" kind of way.

---------- Post automerged at 01:56 ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 ----------

Oh right, I liked pie more or less from the get-go because she seems 1) cool, 2) engaged, 3) comfortable in a new environment, and 4) to be thinking what I'm thinking re: easy townreads on Cobalt.

Also feel her 100% on the Jan-feeling-town-but-can't-really-articulate-it read.

Basically her entire first catchup post speaks to me.

---

As an aside, I'm really digging DLP's vocabulary this game. Idealpegel, milquetoast. Keep it up.

---------- Post automerged at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 ----------

Zen, who were you talking to here? Because I'm 99% sure it wasn't actually me.

18. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    It is you actually, though you could toss in Fonti.
    ---------- Post automerged at 02:18 ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 ----------

Also, I'm probably going to head off for the night. Finish up Toonami in bed and maybe check in from my 3DS before I doze off, then get back to the game tomorrow afternoon.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It still boggles my mind how you can play from a 3DS.

That just seems super headache-inducing. I need my fingers to fly across the keys, man.

---------- Post automerged at 02:28 ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 ----------

Vaimes

townleans:
    Acio
    blab
    Jarizok
    Zenzao
    pienyan

lynchbait:
    Plotless

good nulls:
    fontisian
    Jan
    Fable
    KaiDASH

don't reeeally know/care:
    Adult (Miner)
    dichotomousCreator
    Quiddity
    The Waco Kid

witches:
    Cobalt
    Regfan
    Stanari

Vote Stanario

---------- Post automerged at 02:29 ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 ----------

Okay well I seem to have fused Stanario and Acio together, my bad.

Nighty night.

20. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Helps that I'm on an XL instead of the regular. The last time I booted up my original DS I was astounded at how minuscule the screen is by comparison. I've gotten pretty good at typing with the stylus at a decent pace.