1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Basically you described my play in WH8 in #455 though what you call noncommittal I cal taking my time, I will start have more solid reads as the game progresses but no I generally don't push very hard early to mid d1, that's just how I play.

---------- Post automerged at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Why?

/10char

---------- Post automerged at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Like the fact that the vote was on me didn't have any bearing on my stance on it.

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Because it's a severe/alarmed reaction, basically. It's similar to overreacting to a joke vote, which is scummy because it indicates you're on the lookout for things that might turn into a lynch train on you and trying to head them off early. This in turn is defensive play, which is a scum trait because they care more about personally avoiding the lynch.

Bringing it back, your response reads as "oh no this analysis might lead to a lynch vote, I should discredit it now". This is true regardless of whether the analysis has any actual merit to it or not.

As for "taking your time", I noted you mentioned that earlier in the thread...it still kinda feels off to me though. If someone corroborates this game as accurate to your WH8 play I'll probably move to Kai, if only because I KNOW his current play isn't his town meta so no-one is going to pop up and object on those grounds >_>

(related: someone remind me to elaborate on my meta read policy D2, since it's relevant here but becomes pointless if elaborated here)

---------- Post automerged at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

EBWOP: You've said as much, but it kind of doesn't make a difference because if you WERE scum you'd simply be either lying or the fact that you'd have made that objection to ANY jokevote analysis thingamajig is convenient for you to do it in this case.

---------- Post automerged at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

(DOUBLE EBWOP: Actually leaving now)

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Reading through HP mafia now and I kind of understand the V reads on Zen little bit better since he just seems to have an aggressive playstyle in general, the 0 to 10 vote on me still seems a bit out of nowhere but I get it now (kind of).

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

I know that I used to be the biggest proponent for meta analysis, but I should point out that meta analyzing Kai d1 is /probably/ not a good idea/good enough reason to lynch him.

5. blab

blab Second Year

Don't make me cry, Adult.

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I'm not alarmed though? That's just what my stance on analyzing RVS votes is so no I don't think your argument holds any weight here. Like if I had accused you of being a wolf for doing it then yeah that would have been an overreaction and would have been wolfy but saying that "I don't really think RVS votes are AI and probably not a useful place to look" is wolfy is just lol. As for the meta stuff yeah literally any of the people from that game can back that up (except for maybe fonti because I feel like fonti likes being difficult on purpose <3).

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

Anyways, some more hipfire reads:

I mostly agree with Jan's assessment re: Quid and how he plays, mostly because I remember being scum with him. Heh TH7.

Reg, I know you probably cased Plot at some point, so if you wouldn't mind linking the specific post? Cuz he just seems like he's lurking in the shadows, which I'm not actually sure is AI for him since this is his second game.

Also, blab, why you do that to me?

---------- Post automerged at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

To be fair, Fable got pretty run up early in WH8 before all the attention shifted to me and owner. Then he was eventually confirmed by Inquisitor/Priest/Acolyte shenanigans.

8. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I'll have time to actually do stuff later, but I'll just pop in here to say Adult is scum.

9. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    RWBY Mafia Votal 1.7.

Stanari [5]: Font, Adult, Vaimes, Plotless, Blab.
    Fontisian [3]: Fable, Cobalt, Stanari.
    Vaimes [2]: Waco, Jari.
    Cobalt [2]: Pienyan, Kai.
    Plotless [2]: Reg, Quiddity.
    Fable [2]: Zenzao, DC.
    Quiddity [1]: Acio.

Not Voting [1]: Jan.

With 18 votes alive, it will be 10 votes to soft lynch and 14 votes to hard lynch.

10. blab

blab Second Year

I have townreads on Adult, Acio, Vaimes, Zenzao, dC, Waco
    decreasing in strength

I have assigned pienyan, Regfan, fontisian, Jan townreads out of convenience, because I don't want to push them D1 if I don't feel very bad about them.
    Roughly increasing towniness in that list if I had a gun to my head.

Plotless is probably very easily catchable as scum and I just want him to post more.

Jarizok, Cobalt, Quiddity, Fable
    Increasing in scummyness, I take issue with some of their posts/actions/non-actions

Plotless is probably very easily catchable as scum and I just want him to post more.

KaiDASH, Stanari
    tier of badness

Question/objections encouraged
    pick at me/convince me/mock me

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I object to like most of this. o/

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

This is the post that I got banned for lmao

Working all day will catch up later

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Adult-Has really done nothing in either direction so having him as strong V makes little sense.

Acio-This is fine.

Vaimes-Also fine.

Zenzao-Nope even with an added bit of meta knowledge I don''t think he deserves to be up here considering his OMGUS (which wasn't really OMGUS cuz I didn't vote for him) on me was pretty bad and unfounded.

dC-Kind of okay here? I disagree with a few of his posts but he does seem like he's trying to solve.

Waco- Nope. Having him this high makes no sense. I'm kind of null on him because he hasn't done much and while I do think pien is more likely to be a wolf than waco aorn (I'll admit she's slowly improving though) I can see where she's coming from in regards to her argument on him.

Pien-She is getting better but at the same time I feel like she's holding back? Or maybe that's the wrong way to put it but the lack of real time interactions pings me a little?

Regfan-Yeah this is where I have him

Fontisian-Due to people making such a big deal over my RVS vote on her I'm not gonna say anything here just to fuck with those people further. \o/ (Also because I have no fucking clue)

Jan-Should be higher tbh. I feel like jan is one of the easier people for me to read on here and I may be underestimating his wolf game but I feel like the sharpness wouldn't be there if he were a wolf. What mean is he seems to be calling people out on things he finds interesting pretty consistently and evenly (my vote on stanari/blab calling my and him not w/w). I don't know that he would do that as a wolf.

Plotless-Yeah I don't know here. Their posts don't seem great but at the same time seem kinda innocent? I do agree if they are a wolf I'm not worried about not being able to catch them so agree with giving them more time.

Jar-Said earlier if nearly any other person was doing what jar was doing this game I'd call them a villager but because it's him I'm not sure.
    Cobalt-Nope cobalt is a villager, I'd bet on it.

Quid-Been watching him and his posts make my head tilt but I'm not sure if that's not just a playstyle thing. Kinda sheeping jan here.

Fable-Most villagery person ITT tbh.

Kai-Kind of agree here yeah. I'll give him more time but Kai was an easy V read for me in WH8 iirc and he hasn't done that here yet.

Stanari-Very slight V read based on tone, I kinda tunneled her the last time I played with her and that turned out to be a mistake. I think she could easily be a mislynch.

Acio
    Vaimes
    Jan
    Cobalt

dC
    Reg
    Stanari

Fonti
    Jar
    Plotless
    Quid
    Waco
    Miner
    Pien

Kai
    Zen

---------- Post automerged at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Forgot blab he goes in the same tier as Reg/dC/Stanari.

14. blab

blab Second Year

A)I probably should have been consistent with the scummyness-order per row
    B)the first two groups overlap.
    C)I give you 1 whole towncred for that post

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

Yo Fable. Talk to me about your Acio, pien, and Stanari reads please. As in, elaborate. I don't recall you ever really saying why you have Acio as strong town (link if you have). I'd like to understand what you mean when you say pien is "holding back". And uh, tell me about previous games you've played with Stanari. Why was tunnelling her bad? Why do you call her a mislynch here, when she's nowhere close to even softlynch?

---------- Post automerged at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Also, Zenzao

how I feel about blab:

I really disliked the early stuff he posted wrt fonti and fonti's wagon. His vote was really disgusting IIRC.

His current readslist is very meh. There are things I agree with and things I'm raising an eyebrow at. I'd like more thoughts from him. I also want him to talk to me about his Kai read.

Could be persuaded to lynch him today, although not where I'm currently looking at is probably the best way to describe where I'm at.

16. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I'll start with stanari since that's the easiest. Tunneling her was bad because she was a villager that game (from what I heard but that game got canceled) and it was for similar reasons to why people suspect her here (meaning she was kinda floaty and didn't really post much content and I got on her case about it). I called her a mislynch because I think she could be a villager but her playstyle (from what I know of it) is the kind that many people would probably find wolfy. I didn't quite mean it literally.

My thoughts on Pien are kind of hard to verbalize. It's kind of the lack of actual interaction that interests me, because I do get the vibe she is a good player and could be diving in harder on stuff than she is. IDK that might be me making inferences where I shouldn't.

Acio I've said before I felt was villagery (he was tier lower before) he's been kind of brazen and I like the questions he's been asking.

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

So you're okay with assigning him as one of your top V reads just based on brazen tone and the questions he's asking?

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Pretty much.

19. blab

blab Second Year

On Adult:
    #364 is just a very good post. It's good on Zenzao and pien in particular because it's original and feels "real", like Miner actually thinks this.
    The end of that and #366 and #368 are just tonally town. So is #344 and #336.

I buy that he thinks early D1 is the best time to tunnel, because when else.

The "swagger" argument for Vaimes Miner used fits himself more, tbh.
    Miner posts posts town!Miner posts.
    I don't think scum!Miner could post like it.

---------- Post automerged at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

On Kai MINEr:
    Kai's reads are agreeable.
    Kai'S reasoning for his sole actual action is mediocre.
    I don't like him
    a)scumreading Cobalt for being abrasive in every post,
    b)then saying Cobalt feels like Cobalt tries to do stuff he does as town.
    c) then say Cobalt's towngame is the less abrasive one.

Beyond that he feels like he is forgettable in a way that's on purpose.
    He makes less waves than he could and I don't like it.

---------- Post automerged at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

That explains... some things.

---------- Post automerged at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

It's not the vote that's bad, it's that you started to vote Stanari with an actual (small) reason, then unvoted her when it picked up steam, then put a "RVS" vote on fontisian.
    I didn't like the unvote and the vote on fontisian looked like you were trying to make the unvote look less bad

---------- Post automerged at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Ok, Waco is my weakest townread, I'm not going to defend it that much; I simply liked his posts.

I would be very impressed if 392 is from scum!Zenzao.

Jan is my highest read in the category that also gets convenience townreads.

You're not actually objecting that much.

20. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    You're part right about this and part wrong. It's more an issue of I get way better reads when I spend the early part of the game letting things play out, reading everything cold and just picking up reads as they form/directly asking about stuff if stuff bothers me. When I jump in and get ultra-involved immediately I tend to not be objective and end up tunneling on dumb shit.
    I'm also just generally worse in larger games where there's a lot more chaos (which this has been so far).

If you want an idea of where my head is at, the next things on my to-do list when I have a good chance to sit down with the game again is reread Acio more in depth, actually detail read DC and try to firm up a read on Jari (he's been very active but I've kind of been zoned out with regard to him).

FWIW I think this line of attack actually looks pretty town as far as my read on you goes. If you need anything from me feel free to ask.