1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

How did you find DLP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jon, Jan 8, 2016.

?

How did you find DLP?

1. Recommended by a Fanfic Author (if so who?)

572 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. Found via the DLP C2

280 vote(s)
    12.6%
  3. Recommended by a friend

84 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Recommended off another website (if so where?)

323 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. My fic was recommended here and I was curious

41 vote(s)
    1.8%
  6. Someone trash talked DLP and I was curious

243 vote(s)
    11.0%
  7. I found DLP via Google

675 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. Jjones8845

Jjones8845 Squib

High Score:
    It kept coming up in fics I was reading as well as in comments on some of my favorite fanfics.

2. aspin

aspin Squib

High Score:
    Found it as I was searching for discussion / information about The Santi's HP & the Boy who lived.

3. CurseOfImmortality

CurseOfImmortality Squib

High Score:
    I found it a long time ago by reading Jon's fics and following his profile. I stopped reading for a long time and have since returned recently! :)

4. Pandelion

Pandelion Squib

High Score:
    I read the name when i was reading "Harry potter and The-Boy-Who-Lived" on fanfiction.net and decided to see what it was about

5. ScarlettFire

ScarlettFire Squib

High Score:
    Years ago I read Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by Santi, not so long ago a checked the author profile and looked for DLP in goole.

6. Jack of theives

Jack of theives Squib

High Score:
    I heard about DLP while reading fanfictions at fanfiction.net .it might be from a review or from an author's profile ,I don't exactly remember, I further heard about it while reading harry potter and the boy who lived

7. Hesser

Hesser Squib

All credit goes to The Santi. There was a time when I thought that his HP & BWL is the greatest thing that fanfiction writer can produce. That was quite a long time ago and I am still here.

8. Collinsworth

Collinsworth Third Year

High Score:
    Just luck, I guess. I was reading Shezza's Denarian Trilogy and "DLP" keep popping here and there in the AN's, so my curiosity made me search google for it and I found the forum.

9. Seeua

Seeua Squib

Years ago reading different authors and started lurking.

10. Lexx

Lexx Squib

High Score:
    I found DLP after trying to find other places that I could read longer versions of Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi because the one on FF only has 12 chapters!

11. Dresden11

Dresden11 Fifth Year

Just going through this thread is quite funny. There really should be an option in the poll for finding DLP via Santi's story.

12. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I know it's irrational. Really, it's great that a single fic keeps pulling in new members and they stick around. But I can't help it. Every time I see "wanted to read the HP&BWL chapters not on FFN" a primal rage rises in me. It's why I rarely pop into this thread. I can't explain it. Every one of these posts makes me immediately hate the poster.

13. Norgammon

Norgammon Squib

Years ago started seeing metnions of DLP in fictions I read on FFN so I just checked it out and started lurkinh here

14. Burt

Burt Fourth Year

Looking for the "years ago and I was probably drunk at the time" option.

15. ApicNexie

ApicNexie Squib

High Score:
    I asked for fancics like "Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived" on /r/HPfanfiction and someone told me that there are more chapters here than on ff.net.

16. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

On the other hand, this is exactly the reason I pop into this thread. Countless drones being brought to this site because of that fic is the most amusing thing ever. I honestly wonder if any of them even look at the post above their's and notice that it said the same exact thing.

17. JADN7

JADN7 Muggle DLP Supporter

Sadly I can't remember why I joined this site, guess I'll look around. Also I rarely have anything to post about and my English writing skills are just horrendous.

18. jaegermaester

jaegermaester Muggle

High Score:
    How I Found DLP

I was looking for a Dark!Harry fic and i saw the link to this site and so i ended up here browsing stories because its on of the easiest places to find lots of good fic recommendations.

19. Touzb

Touzb Squib

High Score:
    "Someone trash talked DLP and I was curious" is my answer. And that someone was Yudkowsky in his notes for HPMOR. It was pretty much the first fanfiction I read, I didn't know much about the author's other activities and I skimmed sections I found boring.

Learning about the author soured HPMOR for me, especially seeing that some scenes are brutally on the nose transhumanism propaganda, but at least I got into other fanfiction as the result.

20. Sou

Sou Squib

High Score:
    Same for me. I was looking for some stories and found a tumblr post. Someone was complaining that "these DLP guys are so horrible, they bashed my favourite authors, how can they say mean things to such brilliant minds...".
    I looked up these authors - they were absolutely trashy. So I decided that this DLP seems OK. Weren't disappointed. Finally someone doesn't mince their word when it comes to fanfiction. Found many good fics, decided to sign up to contribute and voila. Here.