1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Acionyx - Would give gun to self b/c as town I would be cautious with it and as scum I would probably do something stupid and bad for scum like I did in that WH where I loose cannoned you out of spite. Second candidate...probably Jan, actually. They're the person I feel most unambiguously about, and I think getting it to town is better than getting it to a good vig who might be scum.
    Quiddity - Lessee...you post a jokevote at #12, the thing about the game staying slow at #41, another thing at #43, take criticism at #44 and #46, respond at #53 with a sorta brushoff, take more criticism at #67, respond to that at #75 with another sorta brushoff, and then go quiet for a while. It was enough to make me want to investigate you at least, but your later play has been a pretty significant improvement.

Although your last readlist did exclude two people (myself and Regfan). Any reason for this?
    blab - I'd like a reason for that Quiddity vote when it's not a bad idea to provide one. Is it because he hopped onto Fable, or something else?

I'm still vaguely concerned about Fable going and questioning everyone who votes him. It feels kinda defensive. Plus no-one has piped up to corroborate this WH8 thing yet.

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I actually don't know her wolf game since that was the only game I played with her and her only wolf game on MU is a turbo which I don't feel comfortable using for meta so I couldn't tell you. I just know sh'es kind of a spazz as a villager which I guess presumably wouldn't be that hard to fake I guess.

---------- Post automerged at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

dC you don't have to read the whole game just read 600 to 700 from WH8. I'm just naturally kind of defensive.

---------- Post automerged at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

@pienyen

Interested in your miner and acio reads, can you explain them a little more?

---------- Post automerged at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------
    pienyan

whoops

3. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Icky meta read. Probably right, but bleh

4. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Fable - Even granting that, we're getting to the point of "what you claim is your townplay is convenient if you're scum because it gives you an out to do +EV scum things and claim it's your townplay". Anyone who's played with phantomEclipse knows what I'm talking about here.

Do you have any of your scumgames handy?

5. Quiddity

High Score:
    @dC, huh, really? You're both null.

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/5955-Copless-15er

7. Quiddity

High Score:
    44 and 46 are not criticism. 46 is joking around, playing off my scumclaim and reference, and 44 is just discussion, a complete blank. 53 continues in 46s style.

67 is definitely criticism and following brush off.

But the idea that I'm quieting following that "criticism" is...kinda laughable? Like it would be okay if we were at that stage in the game, but as the basis for a later read.

---------- Post automerged at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

I mean I get you've said stuff since, but that was some 200p on when you entered, well past the initial jokey stage.

8. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Is there any reason we're talking about known extra kills in a context that /doesn't/ involve us using them as effectively extra lynches?

9. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Checking in, will on catching up for a bit.

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yo, give it to blab.

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'm back on a computer and catching up right now.

12. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    My read of 44 was...completely mistaken, because I thought Zenzao was objecting to your comment when he was not. Sigh. 46 I was interpreting as at least partly serious.

But I mean. There's a reason I'm not on you any more, and it's only partially Jan's say-so. When I posted I didn't feel like your other behaviour was enough to offset and this is the sort of tell where you have to aggressively pursue it or it gets forgotten about and goes nowhere.

In this case your general response comes off as confused and/or disinterested, which combined with better play and Jan's commentary means I'm pretty okay with moving on from you at this point. (tl;dr it was a good enough reason to poke you for responses, which came back positive)

At work but will try and find time to check out that Fable scumgame.

13. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Really? After how he reacted to the question?

14. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alright, skimmed the new pages to get caught up(presently up to KaiDASH's #528).

Acio, I'd probably give it to Jan. He's the only player that I feel confident enough of pending a re-read to handle the matter, as while I do trust my gut on Fonti, I'm also aware of my track record to date(wrong all of MM until the last-half of the final Day, 1 in HPM[Jarizok IIRC], 1 in Mimefia[Fonti, though to be fair she did manage to convince me she was town by DayEnd after her response to my gambit again IIRC], 2 in WH3(Mathblade, who replaced in and I nailed pretty much right-off, and the Bomber whose name escapes me though it was the final vote of the EndGame before I picked right), I don't remember Hannibal Mafia other than Vira at the end, 2 in Narutomafia[Only counting Rubicon and Quid for this, because though I did swing onto Vaimes it was during a CFD, and Kalas had me pocketed until he was ousted. I did not figure out Typhon], 2 in Sloth's game[Rubicon, which lead me to getting him right in Narutomafia, and technically Titus was a 3P this game], was scum in Bat2 so null, wrong for most of CYS IIRC).

TL;DR- When I pick up the right trail, I can get it fine. But its more common for me to pick for a long time. That's why I don't play no-flip games anymore.

I'd rather not take chances with Reg, Vaimes, or Quid until later in the Game. Since you're the one asking for the sake of the question I'd also give one to you based off of the effort to solve the game that you're doing. I particularly like your response to me on... Quid, I think it was, re: Plotless, and your questions to Plotless.

Cripes that took a while. I'm going to do a re-read and see if my wall changes again, but for the moment this is where I'm at, and keep in mind that most of this is not in depth which I'll get to later:
    Fable(Covered this aplenty. Mostly ignoring him for now to avoid tunneling).
    Cobalt=Jarizok(I believe I said it before, but Jarizok is mostly scum-lean for that one interaction between him and Cobalt, I'm going to check them both again and see if I can come to anything scummy otherwise as this is reminding me too much of where my head was at on owner and another player's early interactions D1 MM).
    Waco(Waiting on him to return and do something. Slight null).
    Stanari|Plot(I remember seeing her name off and on recently but nothing much of her posts strikes me as memorable other than her agreeing with Miner's response re; me, my gambit, and Reg. Plot hasn't said a great deal either but he has responded to Acio in a way I feel is slight town)
    pienyan|blab|Kai(General feeling on pienyan. I still like what posts she made earlier on, but I cannot remember anything concrete she has said since then. I like what blab has done so far. Kai is fitting to his meta so far)
    Miner|Quid|Fonti|Vaimes(Miner has improved, he's asking questions, he's interacting, and it feels like he's solving the game. I still like Quid and I can see where's coming from on most of his posts. I'm trusting my gut on Fonti, and I want to see more of her as the Day progresses. Vaimes strikes me as our off-site game self more than Narutomafia).
    dichotomousCreator|Reg(Once dC did get into the game he's done so pretty strongly. I'll admit to skimming his spoilered points but I like how he's playing so far, he's solving the gamestate. Reg is also still solving the game).
    Acio|Jan(Acio is doing the most to solve the game right now IMO. I really like the questions that he has posed and the thoughts he's had on subjects, like I pointed out above regarding Quid/Plot. Jan is mostly gut and meta. I'd like see more out of him).

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    An interesting scumpile.

There's a couple of things about fonti's posts that have pinged me. I'm not really enthused enough about it to seriously make a push there, though.

@ dC: thanks for the links, will read when I get a chance.

And now, time to abuse selfmeta, my favorite part of playing in any population of people who don't know me \o/

16. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    EBWOP: Good to see you back, Waco. And yet again I should have refreshed between beginning my post and posting it, cripes.

17. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

zenzao it says something bad about you when even I think your read on me is awful.

18. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    You're striking me as HPM!Kai, and most likely I'll come to some different conclusions after I refresh my thoughts re-reading. Been a busy(and light-forsaken hot) day and my mental acuity is more on the dull side than anything right now.

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Hmm.
    Zenzao, have you played with Acionyx before?

20. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    I... agree with kai?

Like, that read of my play feels very generic surface level even accounting for him not knowing me well.