1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Not to self-meta you...but that is not how I bus.

This is how I bus:
    [​IMG]

---------- Post automerged at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Godammit. I hate inserting images.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AvHkz1T7blQV4gv4vwKEH-_MCdDu

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

If you were scum with plotless, how would you have stopped his lynch?

3. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Your vote is no more important than any other, but you happened to be there to talk to. Also, I hardly expect Cobalt and Miner, and Kai to a lesser extent, to stop voting me. You, however, are a townread of mine, so there's an actual you'd move.

4. Quiddity

High Score:
    How do you upload images here?

5. Jarizok

actual chance*

6. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    By telling him to speak up in scumchat, for one.

For two, by not contributing to the general air of people not liking him (which by the numbers pretty much SOME scum needs to have. No-one's offered any sort of defense of him, like, at all, and I mean it could be a mass hyperbus but they won't even get credit for it since everyone is doing it)

For three, assuming Jari wasn't also scum in this scenario, by trying to push on him. Part of my read of the situation is that the people on Jari all ring town to me so I don't think scum has made any sort of effort to get that lynch to happen. This combined with the fact that they COULD have given the atmosphere around him makes me think they don't WANT to.

7. Jarizok

Dammit Q...

---------- Post automerged at 01:55 ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 ----------

If Plotless flips scum, would that then give you cause to take a second look on the people on my wagon to see if there isn't any scum you missed? Would appreciate.

8. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    This^

DC also Iso plotless and tell me what you think because their behavior this game is just sort of standing around kind of lost and new town tend to try /something/ without being prodded

Like, all the scum coaching in the world doesn't mean you can actually put it into practice and very limited remembrance of american gods they were more try-y.

9. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    EBWOP: Yeah even Fable for the purposes of this post. Kai is the only one I'm kind of dubious about. (And several of the people who WERE on Jari and contributing to that read left for Plotless)

10. Quiddity

High Score:
    Anyway, I have intense lectures till lynch. Tag me if Plotless claims or if you have a convincing Jari summary.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

No, Plotless is a different situation because he's lurking.

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Plotless popping in when prodded by Jan, throwing out the "I would be better as mafia", responding to one question and then silently peacing out after hasn't done anything to change my mind. I have a few "probably not W/W with Plotless" reads based on the last ~24 hours but I don't want to post them until I've double checked them. Will say I most certainly aren't ruling ou Plot/Jari and think the "they'd have bussed" is weak reasoning; also got a theory here that I'm holding off posting.

@Pie - Jari tried to create a wagon on me EOD1 in WH as mafia when his partner was he leading wagon and I was largely town read in the room so this isn't something I'd town read him on. You'll have to elaborate about what you're reading genuine about it.

It being hard lynch at 14 is just a standard rule/math thing here and means nothing about the scum team size. We are either dealing with 14/4 or 13/5, I'm playing assuming it's 5 mafia for now.

Will post a reads tier just before EOD and I'll try and make it clear which reads are 'bet the game on' level confidence rather than just a 'strongish town read' one in it.

Quite a few posts behind.

13. Jarizok

Oh please, that wasn't ever a wagon that was going anywhere. I wouldn't even have voted you myself, I was just trying to be towny and helpful by suggesting a counter wagon for votal analysis purposes >.>

14. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    That's not my experience of all newtown. Some of them get lost and scared and just clam up, given that this particular newtown habit often leads to lynch trains and some people are aware of this but not how to combat it.

(Not actually doing ISO because at work and also not sure how to do it properly on this forum. Plus I agree with your assessment of Plotless's behaviour, I just don't think it makes them scum automatically. D1 inactivity IS a potential scum strategy, but it's also how I would have been D1 as newtown if I had any sense. Instead I got myself wagoned repeatedly :v)

Absolutely. It's D1, my vote on you is in no way a slam dunk, just my best prospect going forward (see also: why composing a convincing summary on you or anyone is not something I'm probably gonna be able to do today). Hell, it's not like I'm ruling out the possibility you'd flip town even...just that I think you're the least likely person to at the moment.

PREVIEW EDIT: Regfan --- ...okay I might have missed the "I would be better as mafia" bit. That does make things a bit worse :/

15. Jarizok

So you would decide lurking was then townie? Or you'd still lynch him for lurking irrespective of my flip? Sure, you don't have to link him to me if you can still lynch him anyway I guess.

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Ack this is exactly what I'd do being run up D1 as town

and in fact I DID this in Game of Thrones mafia, distracted from a scumlynch by mistake, and then got run through the next day for it

on the other hand I do the same thing as scum and just pick counterwagons that unaccountably further scum goals instead

also why would you suggest a counterwagon you must be aware has little to no chance of actually getting up to speed in time?

17. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

And if plotless won't post, almost every town wants to kill him so by not contributing you stand out, and Jari is projecting some mild towniness? What then?

18. Jarizok

That's good then. I'm assuming the inverse is you'd also look at people on my wagon again on my inevitable town!flip down the road, so good things are in the future.

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Ah, I am missing the bit where Jari is projecting towniness. I don't really feel like he is, so I'd argue "Plotless is meh and Jari is actually scummy". (Also I think "Plotless is scum and won't post" is less likely to be the situation than "Plotless is town and won't post")

So, basically exactly what I'm doing now. So yes if Plotless flips scum or Jari flips town anyone who has been behaving similar to me around Jarizok will get my attention.

20. Jarizok

Me suggesting it obviously showed that I was thinking about solving! That's the kind of mastermind I am as scum.