1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Vaimes - I answered it, just directed it to Fontisans question;
    Can give you a more detailed answer of where I'm at with him when I finish rereading if you want.

2. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Agree on vaimes/cobalt at least because there's a bunch of other options he could have gone with besides "you're trying to fill space going after acio". Like that doesn't feel like planned distancing or spur of the moment distancing and I don't think it would have been in scum interests to break up a potential fight like that.

Idk on jarizok I'll have a look.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Oh, cool.

I think his pointless jokey hostility with Acio and others + dropping off as the Day went on points to scumbalt.

Went over his early game posts again, and couldn't really understand him criticizing the votes on me while also maintaining I hadn't done anything alignment indicative. Defending me there feels weird.

---------- Post automerged at 01:09 ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 ----------

Oh wait, he was sick.

Scratch the drop off thing.

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Vaimes/Cobalt interaction early on (around the interaction with you period) and Vaimes's continuously pushing Cobalt throughout the entire game is something that makes me pretty confident they're not W/W. I don't think Jarizok pushes Vaimes in the manner he did while town reading Cobalt there (With Cobalt scum reading him), attempts to sell a Vaimes/Me world and then drops Vaimes from it later on and substitutes it to Cobalt/Me if he's partners with either of them, several posts I can link to this where I don't think they're taking to each other as partners too.

Might even throw Pieguyn into this, I don't think Pie goes that hard after a partner (Cobalt) early on when myself and several others are town reading Cobalt. I similarly agree with Fontisians point even more now after rereading, I don't think Pie sticks her neck out for Jarizok by chainsaw-defending him when he's already getting scum read.

Fairly confident that the grouping of Vaimes/Cobalt/Jarizok/Pieguyn contain 1 scum maximum now (the one exception being Vaimes+Pie?).

5. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    I didn't spot anything that really rules out w/w jarizok/cobalt; jari's like, awkward in there in a way that can be bad distancing and cobalt calls it weird bad and takes it no further.

Jari/vaimes I think isn't w/w? 232/234 feels harder than distancing. Like I guess jari could be going all in on a bus there but probably not.

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    ^
    The above I feel like is a really unlikely interaction to happen between scum, I also think Jarizok coming out of the early D1 period with a strongish town read on Cobalt and then backflipping it later on D1 to a scum read on Cobalt and one of the names he's throwing out for a lynch is pretty unlikely to be a change he'd do on a partner.

---------- Post automerged at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

Pretty much willing to bet Jarizok/Vaimes are never W/W.

---------- Post automerged at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Jarizok - Talk with me about this comment of yours yesterday; what do you think you actively did to 'find townies' given I don't read your play throughout yesterday to match up with this sort of plan at all. If I put a gun to your head right now and told you to pick 4 people and if a) All 4 weren't town or b) There wasn't 2+ scum inside the names the game would be over with a town loss which option would you pick, who and why? (DC & Acio are excluded from answers).

---------- Post automerged at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Stopping at #400, will have to pick it up again later tonight.

Feeling better about Fable being town so far, fairly meh on Fontisian still. Really need Stanari to actually start posting some detailed reads and comments, in particular want to hear her talk about her Fontisian read and how it's evolved as the games progressed.

I also genuinely am feeling pretty bad about Pie.

7. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Feels exactly nonserious enough to be one to me. Like, an odd interaction for scum? Probably. A difficult or dangerous one? No.

ISO'd waco I think my primary concern with him is that he has a lot of building/progression towards pienyan and then after they post a wall thing waco drops it and doesn't show the same style for the rest of the day.

What's your take on 545 where he votes for them because I think it's probably the most towny moment of his pushing? Like the iso/52 thing is a strange triggerpoint for scum to make a move on and feels more like town who's been suspicious had an AHA moment.

8. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I tried to make helpful noises for a few minutes but then I gave up because all I could come up with was "this is a thing, I guess". Not sure how much time I will have tomorrow but I'm angling to do some actual work...by end of phase if nothing else?

Cobalt
    Come talk to me please!

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Lynch: Jarizok

Sticking to my guns.

I'm still kinda sick and going to bed so I'll try and formulate decent thoughts tomorrow.

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Acio - I just don't see why as scum Jari with Cobalt he does a 180 from "Vaimes & Reg are scum, Cobalt is town" to "Cobalt & Reg is scum, Vaimes is town" contradicting his prior reads and then brings up Cobalt as an EOD lynch option.

The linked post of Waco doesn't feel like an "AHA" moment to me. Waco's "worldbuilding / progressions" this game doesn't feel like what I know of his town or scum play frankly, before he drops the pie read and after it so I'm really not sure I can help you much with a read there. I need him to start actually playing the game properly to get a read on him?

Think I'm ready to stop being silly and move Vaimes back to lock town though.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Oh what? Hi!

What's up?

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Cobalt, if you've got enough energy for some hip-fire reads (I'm cool with 1-2 lines of explanation, you can go into them in more detail tomorrow) I'd like to hear where you're at with Pieguyn, Fontisian, Stanari and Fable.

13. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I dunno, a conversation would be nice.

Not right now though, I'm going to sleep and it sounds like you are too.

14. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Quick butt-in, the answer to this question is always "because you evidently don't think he would"

Not saying you're necessarily wrong, just that the primary assessment needs to be whether there was any inherent risk to the player(s) in question if scum. If not, that reason is reason enough to do it.

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    DC - That's not untrue I guess? Gun to your head, where's the scum?

Fable, talk with me about this a bit more; you did some meta-reading on him, noted he has an aggressive playstyle and got a weak town read on him but when he continued the aggression re; his "case/wall" on you then that read seemed to vanish entirely? Do you think it's implausible for him as town to into your ISO very biased about you being mafia and therefore focus on everything that fits that narrative?

---------- Post automerged at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

GAH. I'm sorry to the real DC, I've been using @ to throw questions to people for years and moving to a site where it actually sends them a notification / mention is pretty hard to adjust to.

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Pien is bad and I would be more than okay with seeing them lynched.

Fonti is leaning dead null which is bad because if she were town Fonti I feel like we would've seen a lot more content and a lot more analysis by now. The Jan kill also isn't a good look for her.

Stanari is more of a gut read than anything, I mean it started as a joke but I don't know why I've felt this connection where I think she's town. I'd have to go back and pinpoint certain things she's said but I don't have time right now.

Fable is as strong town as I've ever seen Fable and the extreme anger w/r/t Zenzao was more of a towntell than anything else imo. I'm content with writing him off unless he gives us a reason to think otherwise.

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Cheers.

I'll take some more words about the Pie read tomorrow when you're feeling better, similarly looking forward to you looking/backing up that Stanari read at the same time. I'd agree that the Jan kill isn't a great look for Fontisian but I'm not reading into her "less content then normal" type thing given she was ill for part of day one.

---------- Post automerged at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------
    dichotomousCreator & Acionyx - Ever think Waco/Pie is W/W here?

18. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

RIP Jan. May your QT carry on without you.

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    fontisian - Walk me through how your read on Vaimes this game has evolved like I'm five.

(And no, I don't want you to just a link a post of his and say he's town).

20. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

So that's not in fact greatvtownie play? Cos that's what Miner did. Not town=scum ergo vote Miner? Makes sense to me.