1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    I should note I don't think it's impossible for them both to be town? Like this game has been ass for hard reads and it's like 5 RL days behind where it should be so I can see it.

2. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Don't overwork yourself, Cobalt, especially for us.

3. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    What case did waco give.

4. Quiddity

High Score:
    Stanari

Just...what is this. What does this mean. I don't even remember when I last interacted with you, let alone drowning you in it, and I haven't posted all that much to qualify.

Like what. I'm not sure if this is scummy, but I definitely think this was pulled straight out of his ass/is an outright lie.

---------- Post automerged at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

This post.

---------- Post automerged at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Wait when did Acionyx roleclaim?? (Ref 1130)

5. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Acio was asking "who should get a gun" D1

Vaimes claimed being given a gun this morning

Unrelated: Lack of hard reads and slowness today combined with a pretty good feel for most of D2's conversation make me think scum are keeping their heads down. Why hasn't Waco posted today, for instance? (Or if he has, why was it forgettable?)

6. Quiddity

High Score:
    Up to Adult's wall, leaving it as I go out for the night (may have intermittent phoneposting).

Sorry for general absence, I had some personal stuff yesterday, and then I decided to spend half of my afternoon on politics instead of this (or productive things).

I'm going to leave with Vote:pienyan because I like some of Regfan's reasoning there and I've disliked some of pie's recent posts.

Please don't shoot Waco.

7. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Which ones? Why?

8. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I dislike Waco enough that I now dislike Q more by association.

Rest of thread: Thoughts on Q/Waco/font/pienyan/Jarizok scumteam? (I don't expect that this is a straight up teamcall, but any anti-aligns between these people I would like to be made aware of)

9. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Sell me on your Adult/Jarizok world then.
    Thanks for the elaboratihon on the Vaimes read Pie, can follow and agree with it very easily. Going to mull over your Q one.

Pretty strongly disagree with this opinion, it's a different site/culture thing. At Mafiascum talking about peoples activity levels / reasons for not being inside the game is the norm and bringing up a partner lurking is fairly standard scum player.

Talk with me more about the bolded because you've got town read on people like Acio / Vaimes etc who don't have a town read on Cobalt so I'm struggling to see how you've gotten to this type stance on peoples Cobalts reads. Like sure, people have mentioned that he's different as both alignments, and some have said he's scum and some have said he's town but like how does this fit your actual reads of players?

---------- Post automerged at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Newcomb trolling with the deadlines, pathetic.

#Virashouldbethemod.

---------- Post automerged at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Q is your line of questioning behind Vaimes in Post #1178 because you think he's mafia? Or..you just think he's being lazy here? Pretty unclear when reading your posts, if it's the former sell me that read?

10. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Quiddity; Which posts, and _why_? Give specific reasoning instead of the sort of vague noncommital "oh I don't like her posts" "I don't trust her walls" you've been giving me all game.
    Regfan; See... what just happened... if you want further example of what I mean when it feels like Q is just designating scum reads here without any actual thought behind it.
    Acionyx; Reg's push on me was actually precisely the point when I lost any sort of paranoia on him and figured he was just town for sure; I talked about this in #1111 and #1116. Reg's history with me also involves a game where he was thoroughly unable to understand my play at all, was very vocal about it and practically abused me for the majority of two game days (to the point where I almost had to replace out of the game because of it). Given all of this, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out the direction I was fearing his read on me would take in this game.

11. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Jarizok is the read that doesn't fit there for me, like Pie/Jari and to a lesser extent Font/Jari I'm having a bit of a hard time seeing, the other 4 don't really have anything I'd say make them hard unaligned and I'd guessed a slightly similar team earlier.

12. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Umm what? I think you need to look at what you just said again.

I really want you to look at what I wrote about Q because his last few posts where he voted me are seriously gross.

13. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    There's two avenues we can take here - either the information shot or the shot with the highest chance of hitting scum, if we're the information route then shooting Jarizok makes sense; we learn a decent amount regardless of his flip here and if he flips scum this game gets swayed massively back into our favour, that said I'm leaning towards that being..less likely at the moment (touched on this earlier and...no one at all picked up with it). If we're aiming solely for the highest odds of hitting scum I think Waco is the route to take, I haven't really seen him attempting to game solve through D1 and didn't like his awkward response towards Vaimes having a gun D2 but nothing else combined with it.

---------- Post automerged at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Yeah, I've planning on rereading your post about Q as well as ISO'ing him shortly.

What I'm getting at is this; Several people think that Cobalt has very different town/scum meta's but somehow those people are actually divided on his alignment this game which is, um, weird; yes? Like Vaimes has a scum read on Cobalt, I had a pretty strong town read on Cobalt which admittedly is weaker at the moment, Acio doesn't think he can assess Cobalt genuinely.

So like, if your thoughts are "Scum are just town reading Cobalt since they'd expect him to be an easy town read" who are the scum that are doing this, or is it just Miner?

---------- Post automerged at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Probably not being clear enough.

There's a divide in the room over Cobalts alignment, about 1/2 the people think he's town and 1/2 the people think he's scum, you're coming forward with a "I think scum thought he'd be easily town read and thus are town reading him" which is kind of ??. Like, for you to have this theory you'd have to have more specifics than just Miner, yes?

14. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Is going after a partner for lurking and then immediately retracting it a thing? And then that partner moving to vote on you citing that as a reason?

I'm not seeing it.

15. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Waco is doing it (and he's where I originally started to get that impression from).
    Q is doing it, Miner is doing it.
    Stanari was kinda doing it to some extent but it's not so much of a notable thing with her since she's expressing paranoia about it.

It isn't really a point that I'm actively using to implicate them, it is just something I'm keeping in the back of my mind as a baseline for how scum going with the flow of the game are likely going to act.

16. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I'm awake, but my phone is dying. Will charge soon.

---------- Post automerged at 08:50 ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 ----------

#ShootMiner

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    She retracted the lurking callout because she was told it was against the rules. Nothing more to it. I don't think Waco citing this as reasoning is much that points it for or against it being W/W.
    @Pie, so if you think multiple of your scum reads are making that read and several of your town reads are calling Cobalt scum, why do you think it's more likely scum town reading a town player rather than defending a partner? That's what I'm trying to get at.

18. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Umm because 1. people with more Cobalt experience than me who I do trust (i.e. Jan and you) are saying he's probably town and 2. I don't really expect most scum teams would collectively just block up and unanimously defend a partner for pretty much the same reason?

It could happen, but overall I think it'd just make more sense to be a correct town read.

19. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Context points pie missed 52 entirely there's no reason to surmise lurking the game out when he announces a RL reason.

Further when he cites the incident he's calling her out for not noticing when claiming to have isoed him.

Even in the world where they're w/w this indicates that they weren't viewing it in the way you are so your reasoning here is bad.

20. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Pie - But if there's a definitive difference between Cobalts town/scum play and there's only a handful of people that you town read actually town reading Cobalt (ie. Jan and myself) wouldn't there be some "Hmm, maybe the fact that several of my town reads think he's mafia means he might be" type thought process going on for you. Meh, I'm probably over-focusing on something silly here, just not able to really get in your head ont his point at all.

I think you're missing what I'm getting at Acio, at MS you can call someone lurking even if they've stated they were busy with RL events, it's not against the rules there. Pie probably didn't realise that Waco was actually busy elsewhere when making the call out regardless if they're team mates or not though and the call isn't something she'd be scared to do as partners, it's standard play over there. The call out isn't the reason I'm thinking they might be W/W, the call out merely just isn't a reason I think they're not W/W.

---------- Post automerged at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------
    fontisian - You promised me a catch up.