1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'm pretty firmly against a shot on Blab, I'm very confident he's town via play and I think basing a decision solely on votals is a bad idea. I'm still pretty unsure of what to make of Fontisian and probably won't actually get a solid read there until she starts elaborating on reasoning behind scum reads.

Still for a Waco/Q shot here, really really do think there's ~2 scum in them and Pie.

---------- Post automerged at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Where'd the Zenzao scum read come from? Walk me through it, same goes for the "One of Pie/Reg", feels like a fairly lazy way to approach us. I've found your read on Kai pretty weird this game, you made a post insinuating you were scum reading him, elaborated on a town read on him in your catch up and now are sticking him in your scum pool? Like um, helap? And if you're seriously considering a world of Zenzao+Fable I have no words.

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I really am sorry, this game has worn away a lot of my ability to dissociate from people calling me useless or whatever and it's both frustrating and making it hard for me to actually read the thread. (Thanks, crippling anxiety.)

Also I have the vague impression I may have yelled at you. Sorry.

This isn't AI for me, FWIW. There is an example of me pulling the "ignore people who are yelling at me for content" strategy as town but I think it's account-walled (and also that was a game I'd rather not recall, thanks muchly).

------

Thoughts on the interesting things in this game which I have not yet talked about very much (but which almost all end in question marks, which probably says more about my headspace than anything else):

The posts that ping me off blab were #190 and #1061. I can't really articulate why. The obvious pattern here is symmetrical treatment of things that aren't really symmetric but I don't know how that would be AI?

I still don't like how fonti interacted with me early on. I can rationalize it as NAI, but it's still kind of...inconsistent-feeling?

Actually, I do agree with Fable that the way people are treating me is kind of weird. It could just be meta-weird because I know that my perception of the thread is pretty warped right now. Who the hell knows. I kind of like that he pointed that out though?

It's hard to separate my read on Vaimes from being kind of bitter, but I do think he is town. I don't think scum pushes me this hard and in the way he is (or gets this frustrated when I don't deliver, though I know that's also NAI for some).

-------

I know I'm ignoring some things directed at me. If there are specific questions I will answer those (asking me for reads without context is unlikely to end well; give me actual posts to look at please!) but I'd rather not fend off more accusations of nonexistence today.

And now I will pretend to be doing things which is actually how Vaimes just worded it lol.

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's pretty much what my read on her comes down to. I just don't have a fucking real clue either way and I'm unlikely to actually get one unless she starts really elaborating on reads. I don't think she's a good shot at all though and while leaving her till later in the game doesn't seem appetizing it's probably our best move? Like I think if we end up going Plotless -> Stanari here and Stanari flips town it's going to be a long road to come back from with less information then any other lynch in the game and even if she flips scum there's not a lot I can do with that.

---------- Post automerged at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Day ends in ~26 hours, so we're kind of going to need the shot soon.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I disagree wrr reg/pie. I haven't liked Reg to the same extent I did d2 of last game, I think the pie read us something he would do as mafia if she is town, and the Jan kill strikes me as something he or cobalt maybe is more likely to do.

I'm townreading enough people that a light town read on kai is not enough to take him out of my lynch pool.

5. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Stanari - Can you let me know what you think of Fontisian ignoring what she's said about you or how she's interacted with you. Don't need a wall here but I need a few sentences of thoughts. If you had to select 4 players that didn't include Vaimes/Acio/DC to all be town, if one was scum it'd be game over who would you select confidently, and who would squeeze in due to no one better?

---------- Post automerged at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

??????????????????????????????????????????????

---------- Post automerged at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Shows how little you know about me as both a player & a person.

6. fontisian

Elaborate on Jari. I think the similarities between his behavior here and in Wh8 are the townreading the main mislynch push and the drop in activity today. I've already explained the differences. What do you think of them?

---------- Post automerged at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

I obviously don't think Zen and fable are both scum. I think that the only towny thing Zen has done the entire game is talk about how he doesn't want to tunnel Fable, then reverse into giving a massive wall on Fable. As he is normally incredibly town, that is bad.

7. blab

blab Second Year

Ok, I can see unsure!town!Stanari a lot better now

8. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    See I'm don't really think that's genuine since you gave one of the possibilities in the above post

But for politeness' sake:

If you miner and blab are all town I'd say that's not an unlikely a scenario. The unspoiled votes have most/all scum in play and the game reshapes with stanari in the lead as a nowhere lynch on you disintegrates.

Stanari can be town with all town with a hyper-frozer/keepyourheaddown scumteam but usually when town's screwing up like that there's some stronger doubtcasting when the easy lynch is capable of drawing aggro on it's own.

---------- Post automerged at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Also this is suspect because she's played with me before and should know that my play this game is very low quality compared to normal. I made what, 3 votes yesterday?

9. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Vaimes - If you don't actually have a daykill to use then it's probably time to drop the gambit honestly since giving us less than ~24 hours to actually start generating votes/wagons isn't great. If you've got a gun ask for a claim and use it; we're kind of waiting on you here - really wanted the shot in the first 24-36 hours and now we're coming close to hitting 48 hours.

Could see that reasoning on Zenzao, but if Zenzao is mafia obviously Fable is town so sell me on a world that involves Zenzao you think might be a possibility? (Not like an exact world, more like 4-5 names that fit with him that you think are scum). Talk with me about Q? I have him as scum, have explained this read in detail and he's missing from your scum pool here.

10. fontisian

I feel that q is more like his last row game than his last scum game. I'm sorry, I have of trouble articulating this read and I'm not sure of it enough to fake a defense that you would believe (Yes, I occasionally do that.).

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

font if you think i'm scum, why do you care about what I think?

12. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Ran back through game progression wrt stanari stuff. If font/miner/blab were all town a lot of the game was trying very hard not to acknowledge the stanari lynch at all up until jan makes a case for stanari being town.

Give me those three as town and I'd dumpster stanari since quiddity's reaction is "they're scum but I don't want to lynch them today", pie/zenzao give stanari as null and waco's side-eying but sticking to pie. That smells like "really don't want to get messed up by this" territory.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Sigh, the boring shot.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Reg, you're the one that said "hey maybe we can use it closer to deadline."

16. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Was only if we guarantee can an extra 24 hour deadline extension which you stated isn't a surety meaning it's always best to use it earlier and give us safe time to assess the flip. Really think Waco/Q are the better shots.

17. fontisian

Thank you acio. I need to think about that for a bit.

---------- Post automerged at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Because I want to figure out if you're scum. Obviously.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Honestly I'm kind of leaning Waco.

Eh.
    Jarizok

Just kidding.
    The Waco Kid

Claim please.

---------- Post automerged at 20:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

"I think Delphine and Miner are both witches."

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    You're never going to let me down for that are you.

And I've actually re-read Waco & Q's ISO several times here and brought up the issues I have with both of them, I don't see town natural progressions behind their reads on several players.

20. blab

blab Second Year

fontisian
    If Stanari is town, I'm having real trouble constructing a scumteam without Quiddity, especially if town!fontisian.
    Your Quddity townread is really stronger than anything on Fable/zenzao/Regfan?