1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    In the middle of dinner at the moment but I have to call you out on this. If you don't remember me walling owner, you, Waco, and Rubicon in MM when I was scumreading each of you, then I've got a problem with your memory. Fable was at the top of my list when I began to re-read and compare, and the deeper I got into his posts and interactions with other players, the more scummy he stood out. I moved on to Jarizok over Cobalt next because Jarizok had actually done anything to that point in D1. I was planning to get through Cobalt and the rest of the scum-leans-to-nulls when I had the chance.

---------- Post automerged at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

From what I gather via skimming last night and then tonight, the general consensus is that scum is in Waco/Quiddity/Kai, with offshoots of Cobalt/Miner/Stanari/Fonti/Jarizok/Me/Reg/pienyan/Fable.

Re-reading and consolidating a wall on each of them to sort them out is going to take more than the time left toDay even if I did not take a break, given I'm not just looking at their posts but also the posts of those around them and structuring the flow of opinions alongside my own take on them, and it takes about three hours, maybe more.

I'm prioritizing Cobalt next given the divide over him and that I've already noted some of his interactions with Jarizok and he's in the next-highest scumread position on my readwall, and when I'm done there I'll skim the walls already posted regarding Waco again to decide if I need to do the same or just a highlights of things that stand out and might not have been noted already by other players.

2. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Might save yourself some time if instead of writing up a narration of everything instead just reading through it all and just picking apart the key progression of reads / posts you think are more alignment indicative and making a conclusion post on them. Know it's not how you normally do it but it's probably the best way with the limited time you have available and how close deadline is.

Also wouldn't mind hearing your just ~general thoughts/reads~ from peoples posts D2.

3. blab

blab Second Year

Ok, I was going through the thread to look for a quote to point Stanari to that could be helpful, but I'm just way too tired, so I'll do it tomorrow.

But, boy, wouldn't it be really nice if I woke up and somebody else did it for me?

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Vaimes
    Acionyx
    dichotomousCreator
    Fable
    blab

Cobalt
    Adult (Miner)

Zenzao
    KaiDASH
    Jarizok

Stanari
    fontisian

pienyan
    Quiddity
    The Waco Kid

I think I'm something like this? Purples are my lock town group, have zero pinks this time and blues are weak town, rest pretty standard.

blab - Remember what the quote was about? I'll take a quick skim.

---------- Post automerged at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Zenzao/Adult placements were swapped a few times, as were Fontisian/Stanaris ftr. Also contemplating dropping Pie down to the yellows but I've still got a lot of qualms with their play here, they just don't seem involved to the level I'd expect them to be as town and this feels like it's fitting more into their scum meta at the moment.

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Mruugg.

On a gut level, yes. But like, I can't say "don't kill him because x" because there is no x.

---------- Post automerged at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

I'm saying that's the towny thing you did, dude.

6. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Okay, just woke up and wow waco barely posting at all today is annoying

Don't like font's behaviour (although if she's scum she's defending her buddies pretty hard which is interesting). Good to know Acio is even more town

Would like to note that when I asked people for reasons they didn't want to lynch Jarizok any more, the only respondents were Fable (said others were worse) and Miner (voted to lynch him).

Now part of the reason I asked this was to see how many people answered, and the sheer volume of people ignoring it makes me wonder if Jarizok is scum and buddies don't want to draw attention to suddenly not paying any attention to him.

So I'll ask again with some specific targets: KaiDASH/@Cobalt/@blab/@The Waco Kid/@Stanari

Some of you were on Jari at dayend, others were on late but ended up moving to Plotless, still others I didn't get a good impression of your current leaning. Why aren't you interested in lynching Jarizok today?

7. fontisian

Statement: Blab is Vira.

Why is that not true?

8. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    EBWOP: Actually Quiddity you can answer that too.

9. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    DC, Kai's currently voting Jarizok.

I've not seen the drop off from Blab that I did from Vira (I actually noticed it D1 in WH8 but then dropped it when a few people told me I was being silly), I've found his questions / reads / most of his "not partner" listings and reasoning to match mine on most players almost to the tee. I can actually follow everything he's doing here and it's a pretty strong indicator that he's town.

---------- Post automerged at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Reverse question to you; How do you think Q's play here is similar to his town play ala Rock Ridge, I'd make the argument that his initial (First ~24 hours in the game) matches neither his town or his scum play but makes less sense for him to do as town than scum and that his play after that actually is closer to his scum play than his town one - albeit not really close to either. So your meta town read on him feels pretty mindboggling.

10. fontisian

Fair re:blab. I will reread the q game, give me 30 minutes.

---------- Post automerged at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

The game I'm thinking of is Stardew Valley. In Rock Ridge, he was the cop.

11. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I think you've missed the point I'm making about Qs Meta. I want to know how you think his play here matches his town Mets rather than "not matching his scum play from SVM" because he's a good enough scum player not to play the game identically to that. My analysis of it is that his play here matches neither of his meta that closely but if I had to pick one it's the most similar to I'd say his scum game. I just don't see how the meta argument can be such a strong thing for you here when it's not hmmm..fully formed or researched.

---------- Post automerged at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

To be clear, I'm not making the argument 'he's scum due to meta' but more the 'you having him as town via meta doesn't really feel right based off what I've read'.

12. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    In AYAW I was the cop.

13. fontisian

Reg, you're saying his play doesn't match his cop meta. Which, ok. I will look at stardew, his vt meta, as soon as I can. I think you should do the same.

14. Quiddity

High Score:
    On Jarizok?

I think Jarizok is flailing/himself town. By that I mean that at deadline his play matched my viewpoint of the world as town - namely, Plotless probably isn't scum by thread, let's look at other things. He was flailing around trying to find an alternative, which tbh is what I was doing (my Kai vote was reading through Jans reasoning, liking it, having a vibe something was wrong, and looking at others and seeing a willingness there).

Earlier, I got the same impression from other parts. I think he did a long Miner case at one stage? Something like that. Anyway, it had points on a few players, Reg and Vaimes, which I liked, but the whole post was rather paranoia-y, and taking things too far.

At the time I was less comfortable with that, but looking back it really fits him EoD as town. Not really having a full grasp on things, sensing it wasn't right, and going for it.

I'm still not strong on him. But I got lean town from rethinking on him in light of yesterday.

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Well aware, I was in spoiled Obs that game.

I'm saying that his play here doesn't match his most recent town game, sure it's plausible that it's due to him being a cop in that game but I'm not making the argument "He's scum due to meta", I'm instead trying to get you to explain how this game matches his town meta because that's /your/ reason for town reading him. So once you've found/read through another town game of his link it here and we can discuss. Because "He's not like SVM where he played a great scum game" means nothing to me, he's well aware of his meta and how he's portrayed, you maintaining a read based on reasoning that weak while similarly struggling to put forward decent reasoned scum reads does not feel right at all.

16. fontisian

Stardew is more recent. Are you talking about stardew?

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Um. He was mafia in Stardew.

18. Quiddity

High Score:
    No one here understands my meta. I'm not a good scum player and I don't understand where that came from.

I am good at one thing as scum: looking good. I'm not flexible, I'm not strategic, I can't construct cases or read the game well.

These are things you know, or should know as they match my two games here. (Only Jan, and maybe fonti, seems to have picked up on this.)

It is 100% the case that I should be looking to change or shift my meta. So I'm not saying, I would never play like this as scum. I'm saying, don't intimate that I could or would play like this as scum easily. My instincts would scream against it, as would everything that makes me a 'good' scum player.

Read Jans posts on me, here and elsewhere, if you want my scum meta.

---------- Post automerged at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

fonti, you're thinking of Mountainous.

Reg, I was talking to fonti re: AYAW.

19. fontisian

Fuck me, I know it's some game.

---------- Post automerged at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Ok, yes, mountainous. It's mountainous. Look at that one, reg.

20. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I think you're missing what's going on here Q, my read on you isn't meta-based, it's about not liking the progressions behind your reads and not seeing town motivation. The only reason you're meta is being discussed is because it's Fontisians large (well only) reason for town reading you and she's ignoring the actual reasoning put against you being mafia for it, it's not a read I'm understanding from her since I don't think her assessment is on-point there.

@Fonti - Sure I'll skim it.