1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I'm still at work, but I've been skimming in the bathroom.

If you check my posts I still very much am interested and my vote is still on him. So lol.

2. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Lord almighty. Relax.

It was Regfan's , which I felt really crystalized problems I'd had with some of your posts, and especially the Waco move, but hadn't been able to feel.

Honestly, Regfan's 1090 alerted me to issues I felt with you, even though I'm coming at it from a completely different gamestate. The Jarizok point was part of it, as it matched with where I could see scum approaching what I felt like was a patsy, especially given the treatment of his EoD1 attempted shift.

But the bigger thing is the Waco Kid.

I read a lot of yesterday out of order, as I tend to burn the candle at both ends, so I actually was under the impression that he had followed some of your posts today with that, and was referencing them. So it's not really Reg's case there at all, but rather bringing up your name and that read together. But anyway.

Your 1109 is all attacking Waco for what I thought was good Waco play. Waco's case on Plotless in 543 is largely given earlier, as that's (IMO) self-evidently poor, and I gave it anyway.

But this
    I see this as what he's accusing him of (except for the end of that Waco quote, which is kinda poor). Calling out a post is like mafia 101, and everyone does it. It's not about that player, it's about highlighting it for the rest, and reading them off what they do or do not pickup from this: which he did, with me.

And then the later post is far after this has been litigated, after I have pushed Plotless on all those points.

I feel the attack on Waco here just doesn't come from somewhere genuine. Like, there's a lack of further posts on Plotless…when Waco has hardly posted since full stop, and Plotless didn't have something to respond to.

Like. Waco hasn't been active or involved, even for Waco. But the times he has he noticed something quite good, from which the wagon emerged. Plotless wasn't low-hanging fruit until he was made to be. And it's disingenuous to make it out to be.

Idk, maybe this is overlitigating a read which I disagree on. But I just don't like the way that read is approached and D1 is narrated, and this stuck out to me during my catch-up yesterday.

Edit: lol, and Regfan later backs off citing this specific post. But anyway.

---------- Post automerged at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Fair.

I'll make no claims of playing well this game.

---------- Post automerged at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Mountainous.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm going to be mostly unavailable tomorrow (until like, 5pm est) and uh. Waco not being around for this long is unfortunate.

4. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    If you're town, read closer. "Why are those other players better lynches, if you don't see fit to mention them. Better lynches, or just more convenient for your team?" *is* what I was referring to when I said Waco's reasoning looked nitpicky; it's forced language designed more to make Plot look bad then trying to make any actual point.

This simply isn't true. If you ISO Waco, you'll see that he made a noticeable number of posts after #543. Moreover, you'll see that he did not make a single direct comment about Plot since #543 (apart from the one post where he naked voted him), and that this was a read he had held all the way since #236 based entirely around Plot's posts at the very start of the game.

After Plot's gamestart posts, he never gave any more thought to the read, never commented on or tried to analyze any of Plot's subsequent posts at all (which Plot _did_ have - see i.e. the reads he gave in #422), and never directly contributed to or got involved with any of the discussion surrounding Plot that was going on throughout the dayphase (which he could have done, well, at any point during the dayphase after #543 - Plot posting or not has nothing to do with this). All he did was sit on the sidelines and reaffirm *other* people's scum reads on Plot, i.e. yours and Regfan's.

That isn't town and I hope if you're town this will help to clarify what I was trying to get at here.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

I agree with what you've said, mostly, but I'm like /fairly/ sure that that kind of behavior d1 isn't truly AI for Waco. Like, there's a good reason I don't have much of an impression of Waco. In the past couple games I played with him, I've pretty much left him to either self-resolve into town or just get lynched somewhere down the line.

I didn't read the Waco cases because I wasn't seriously considering him as a potential lynch today. I still think that Jari should be the lynch if he isn't getting shot, if only because if Jari flips scum I would definitely look into Waco (your point about how Waco doesn't have a concrete stance on Jari rings true and is the main impetus behind this idea of a w/w Jari/Waco world.) If Jari flips town then I'd like to know ASAP because it means that my entire read on the game is wrong and I'd kind of like to revise that.

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Eh, I've seen you strike a balance before. Who's scum other than Q/Waco and maybe Miner to you right now?

Ugh, day ends in 22 hours. We need the shot to off with time to get ~9 votes on someone while having time to analyse the flip, we either need to shoot now or get confirmation we can get an extension tbh.

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

Also, I feel like a lot of your read on Waco applied to Plot as well, and I'm kind of not on board for another "let's paranoia lynch the lurking player again" when Waco's flip tells me very little compared to Jari's flip. (For example, if Waco flips town I'm back in the same position of "hey Jari needs rope", and if he flips scum, I'm kind of still looking at Jari and /maybe/ Stanari based on 971. But like those were scumleans or scumreads I already had. Jari's flip would just mean so much more at this point.)

---------- Post automerged at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Also Vaimes If your QT doesn't mention that we get an extension, I'd shoot now.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

9. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Don't know.

I think you should have some idea of where my reads are at if you've followed my posts; I've stated my town reads already and I've stated that gun-to-the-head I have feelings Jari, Stanari and font could be town. That would leave {Kai, Zenzao, Cobalt}, and atm I'm focusing on Zenzao out of that group.

Also Vaimes; I agree that if we won't get an extension, you can't wait that long to shoot.

---------- Post automerged at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Oh shit, that's what I get for not checking new posts.

Sorry /hides

10. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Sorry, I was watching the Wire!

Just a minute.

---------- Post automerged at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Someone please filler this.

11. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Filler.

/10

12. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Without warning, Vaimes pulled a gun from his coat and shot Waco!

“Really?” Waco said, cigar falling from his mouth. He pulled his hand away from his fine white coat. It was covered in crimson. “Why are you shooting me?”

The crowd exchanged glances. “C’mon, Waco,” one called. “You gotta flip scum eventually.”

“That’s seriously your reason?”

“You’re low-key scummy,” someone added.

“I’m always low-key scummy!”

Another said, “Fall over, Waco, I wanna see the flip.”

The chant over took the crowd.

“Flip!”

“Flip!”

“FLIP!”

“No flip for you!” Waco snapped, about to flip. Red spread under his tightly folded arms, the pose of one who would die on their feet or not at all. “IN FACT-”

He whipped a cane out of his coat and aimed it at the crowd, who suddenly realized their destinies as Olympic divers. A burst of red light shot from the tip of his cane and hit the pavement in a bang, throwing up a cloud of dust and pebbles.

When the crowd got back to the feet and the dust cleared, they found Waco dead on his back, having been tossed in the explosion. His hat lay feet away, and everyone only had to look at his red hair to know the truth.

“Guys,” one breathed. “We killed Roman Torchwick.”

Waco was killed by Vaimes!

He was…

Hello, The Waco Kid, welcome to RWBY Mafia!

You are Roman Torchwick.

As the HEAD HONCHO, it's your job to KEEP THOSE DIRTY FAUNUS IN LINE and engage in some WITTY BANTER. Your life goal is to acquire a wardrobe of fine silk smoking jackets as well as an EVEN BIGGER CANE. Your daily routine consists of hurling RACIAL SLURS at your minions, then failing at a daring heist, which you would have gotten away with if it wasn't for those DAMN KIDS.

You are the Mafia Rolecop.

At night, you may target a player. You learn what their role is.

You win when all members of the town are dead, or nothing can prevent this from happening. Mafia can communicate with each other and have a nightly kill.

Votes have been reset!

Continue on.

13. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Man, I really needed that red flip. I need to go through his ISO again and do some interaction analysis.

Also;
    [​IMG]

14. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Oh shit.

Uhh. I apologize?

---------- Post automerged at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

So Von is cleared. And my reads are officially utter piss.

---------- Post automerged at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

GG The Waco Kid!

---------- Post automerged at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Oh and can I say I really appreciate your modding, Vira? Counts, flavor, the full package.

15. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Kyahahahahaha

Next!

Vote: Q

16. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    [vague, crying, cheering noises]

---------- Post automerged at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Oh my god. That flavor. I'm dying.

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    THE SICKEST READS \o/

Vote:Q

18. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Vote: Quiddity

19. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    This post written basically entirely before Waco flip.

Oh. Whoops. I knew that sentence didn't make much sense and probably should have asked but that's okay because it helped me pin down what was wrong with her! I don't think you sound like a horrible person lol.

As a very self-centered player I need to go check her iso for that. It's getting late so I'll skim it tonight and if there's anything interesting I'll deal with it in the morn.

Pie: she's just there. She's present. I read over her posts, my eyes sorta glaze over because I don't have much of a reference point on her, but at the end I come out thinking "that makes sense I guess". In itself probably not warranting much of a townread, but her tone feels a little more available to me than most of the other wallposters (I do not trust my attempts to toneread them but there's not as much pushback with her). That could possibly be a familiarity-related thing as well? I seem to remember reading some of her games on MS a long time ago. (Her style's different but it makes me trust the toneread more.)

...2/3 of my content posts are actually self-analysis :thinking:

Also, on finishing the rest of this page, I think part of it is also this vague affiliative sense that she is sort of in a similar mental space.

...and Vaimes made his shot as I went to post this, so back to the catchup for me.

I never even followed the Jari case (as in, followed and understood, not followed as in paid any attention).

I really like Quiddity's selfmeta in 1298/1303/1310, although I've always been a sucker for selfmeta. Intuition says it's town, there's probably something I can analyze there but I'm not sure what it is yet.

More rambling: I'm so ready to get jumped on for actually providing content now lol.

---------- Post automerged at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

I'm sure there's some reason which I have totally missed for the Quiddity wagon?

Might have to skip the fonti iso, sorry.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    So Q/Zen/Fonti/Jar/Kai can't all be wolves so I'll try and spend tomorrow morning figuring out who in there is the villager/s. But that PoE feels solid overall and I like where we're at.