1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Miner stating effectively no read on Waco inside Post #1146 and that being the first time he mentions him (Outside of clearing something up for Plotless) isn't great, him stating he'll reread him but following it up asking people to explain the read in Post #1214, agreeing with it but then still calling it not AI in Post #1325 is hard to follow although the reasoning in the rest of his post about why he preferred Jarizok first is decent and the follow upin Post #1327 is pretty understandable. Think Miner looks significantly worse if Jarizok is actually town here and makes much less sense as mafia if Jarizok really is mafia based on him trying to re-direct the shot to Jarizok there. Outside of his interaction posts I still end up with a weakish town read on him at the moment.

@Pie - Green is completely null, which is where I have Kai at the moment. Go to bed, we can talk tomorrow (if get here before deadline), if I can't I'll leave where I'm at pretty clearly, I am sorry if I'm wrong on you though (I'm not really interested in lynching you today if that's any consolidation).

---------- Post automerged at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------

(Also in case it wasn't obvious, I was never interested in actually lynching you at daystart, the vote thrown down was meaningless given with Vaimes's shot votes reset and we were never really lynching before the shot went off - just voted you and focused on getting Waco shot since he was my strongest scum read.)

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    @Pie --- I guess I'm used to my own scumgame where I pay a lot of attention to stuff like that.

Still, I get the impression Cobalt would be a little...less aggressive by default? Like my read of Cobalt's behaviour has been "if this is scum behaviour it's well calculated to be aggressive without attracting the lynch too much". Which feels weird with that level of thoughtlessness.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'm don't think miner would feel comfortable asking for a case on a partner like this?

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'm think you go to bed you drunko.

5. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Was the case on Waco good or thin at that point? Scum generally only ask that question if:
    - They're trying to bus, or
    - They think the case on their buddy is legitimately not attractive and asking for it will let them say "I'm not convinced" (see: why I suspect Q/Jarizok coalignment if Jari is scum)

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Wacos read on Q inside Post #233 makes sense him town reading a stronger partner earlier on or him attempting to get town-cred and buddy up to Q. The fact that it follows on to become one of his most talked about town reads and that he really doubles down on the read in the Acio/Fable conversation in Post #574 and Post #577 and even more elaborated in Post #591 and Post #750 feels more like him white-knighting a town player rather than linking himself to a partner so strongly.

Q similarly town reads Waco in Post #627 and openly states he doesn't get the Waco reads in Post #1180, openly asks him not to be shot in Post #1186 and again really hard defends him against Pie in Post #1322 (Really don't think Pie/Q are W/W for what it's worth anymore).

Not impossible that as scum Waco/Q decided they'd hard align and try and sell it as a play they wouldn't make if one of them ever got lynched but that doesn't feel like a winning move since the focus would likely always circle back to them, more likely that Q's just town here but the fact that his progression of his earlier reads still bugs me. The Zenzao push and his play post-shot feels a lot more genuine and reads much more town; can see him believing everything he's posting there. Think overall I'm somewhere around a weak town read on him? Man, this is a read I'm really not sure of though.

---------- Post automerged at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Vaimes
    Acionyx
    dichotomousCreator
    Fable
    blab
    Cobalt

Fontisian

Q
    Miner

KaiDASH
    Stanari

Jarizok

Still to sort;
    pienyan
    Zenzao

---------- Post automerged at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

Okay, I'm heading out to a party, I'll do the last two when I get home.

If you're still up waiting Pie, go to bed, it's ridiculously late there.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Good morning.

I have the competence.

---------- Post automerged at 07:03 ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 ----------

Vote Jarizok

---------- Post automerged at 07:06 ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 ----------

Oh yeah, I'm in a QT with font. She's been more active there.

Reg swayed me more onto Waco than she did. Which isn't to say that she tried to talk me out of shooting Waco, just that Reg was crying about Waco and Q and I looked at votals and sad that Waco was my only non-townread on Plotless when he had seven votes.

---------- Post automerged at 07:10 ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 ----------

Also I have no more shots and am vanilla now. Mafia should leave me alive since I'm no longer a threat.

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Okay, now THIS is interesting. For starters it might explain why font has been quieter in thread than expected (along with font's medical dealie, of course)

Other than that...it seems to point to Jan's check being "one townread, one ???". Probably font because knowing font's alignment is valuable. I don't think trying to speculate on font's alignment given this is particularly useful though.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

There was the possibility of Jan thinking I'd be able to motivate her into posting if she's town.

idk if scum!font puts more effort in a QT with a town PR who's marked for death when she could be participating in here and getting townread for it.

10. blab

blab Second Year

The QT started daystart, right?

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I'm kind of awake but having a hard time processing so many wall posts. That being said...

Vote:Zenzao

Just no. Waco flips wolf and zen wants to vote with me AGAIN but I'm still in his wolf reads? This is not a person who cares about figuring out alignments in this game. Anyone who still can't see he's a wolf is honestly blind af and needs to reevaluate how they play.

---------- Post automerged at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

^This probably means I was too hasty on Q btw.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It was a little late in getting sent to me, but p much Daystart.

---------- Post automerged at 07:54 ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 ----------

I've been thinking about reconsidering on Zenzao.

Don't have time to read his wallposts in full rn.

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    And jari probably? Game probably gets way easier if zen is a wolf.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Why you ask?

15. blab

blab Second Year

I wanted to know if it could have informed the NK and if I needed to reread Jan<->fonti to maybe get a clue on fonti in either direction.

16. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Village
    Vaimes
    Acio
    dC
    Reg

Lean Village
    Cobalt
    Stanari
    Q
    Blab
    Pien

Null
    Jari
    Miner
    Fonti

Lean Wolf
    Kai

Wolf
    Zen

This seems not correct unless I'm super good and It's zen/kai/and one of the nulls for the last wolf after that.

---------- Post automerged at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

There is a part of me that wants to believe that miner and fonti could be w/w and fonti is trying to power that through to a f5 but I don't know if that's realistic but the idea of it is adorable. :p

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    This is a large part of why I'm town reading her, I don't think as mafia she makes the play of trying to pocket you hardcore by posting inside the QT rather than here with things as detailed as to what she's let on when she'd be aware that you vouching for town reading her isn't going to do a lot post-death. I think if she's putting that level of effort into the game as mafia she's doing it here and trying to give herself the best chance of end-gaming as possible by squashing anyones hesitations with her. I just don't really see much scum motivation behind a lot of her play, especially so if both Jarizok/Waco end up being mafia.

Wacos largest post about Zenzao is Post #758, I can see the response being about a partner too, it's all very...soft a response? Zenzao has Waco in the fairly nullish tier in Post #285 and keeps him in there in Post #534, he hits my experimental scum tell inside Post #544 when commenting on Wacos Pie read. I think his huge over-reaction towards Fontisians post (while subsequently not reading it properly) in Post #1281 and the complete lack of reaction towards that when Fonti points it out makes more sense as scum. His "analysis of Cobalt" in Post #1345 isn't really analysis at all here? Like there's no real points put forward about anything, it's just a lot of weird stances re; who defended who and town read who, relaly don''t understand the point of any of this post and the conclusion he's come out with when stopping reading at post #200 is pretty ridiculous.
    His "why are we voting Q" in Post #1349 at 1;01AM to stating he's skimmed and is fine with it in Post #1351 at 1;03AM is pretty hard to see coming from town; having just done huge walls on Fable/Jarizok/Cobalt and stating he's not feeling great about me to voting Q there that quickly doesn't really feel natural since I don't think the post he refers to (#1322) is a smoking gun and it's a huge post so for him to skim it in that time does not mesh. Q's point about the weird way he's treating Jarizok as both town and scum in Post #1398 is a huge scum-tell.

I think I feel pretty good about both Jarizok and Zenzao being mafia?

---------- Post automerged at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------
    Fable - Pie shouldn't be in your town reads. I also think this is a really unlikely avenue for Fonti to take.

---------- Post automerged at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

I'd be pretty happy with Zenzao/Jarizok wagons going into EOD.

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Sorry but I've kind of liked pien's posts? If she's a high effort wolf then fine I actually welcome that and I'll reevaluate if I need to but she seem's villagery enough to me, certainly more so then the bottom 5 in my reads.

---------- Post automerged at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

I have no idea why that apostrophe is there and it bothers the fuck out of me.

19. blab

blab Second Year

Waco moves off of pienyan to Plotless, but then gives Plotless soft cover via agreeing with Vaimes on "Stan" not being a huge scumtell.
    Meanwhile he says nullish things about Jarizok, he doesn't have the time for Zenzao's Jarizok thing, he thinks Jarizok might be unaligned with me, then less so.

I think that makes Jarizok!scum more likely, rather than the opposite, but it's not as strong as I'd like

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

We should kill both Cobalt and Kai at some point.

---------- Post automerged at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 ----------

Unvote, vote Zenzao