1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

That's like saying Vaimes's scumgame is approximately on the same level as tom's.

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

mods are sleep deprived, quick, post pictures of cats.

[​IMG]

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Don't you have a shower to take or something. Wynne has a very sensitive nose.

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Probably shouldn't be posting until Vira gives us permission.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    With all the new posts I thought the day started early. ._.

I blame newcomb vira for this.

6. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Day has not started! Thirty-five minutes left.

Please go fawn over the puppy in your QTs like I am.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

:/

Anyway, filler.

8. Vira

High Score:
    Meanwhile, in Obs chat, not much was happening. The game had been interesting for a time, but then Newcomb came down with his puppy and the intelligence of everyone involved dropped down accordingly.

“Whosh a good puppy?” Vira said, rubbing Wynne’s ears. “You are! Yush you are…”

“Does puppy want a treat?” Citrus said, holding out his hand, and went to a second heaven when a soft tongue took it from his hand.

A clang echoed from outside and Fluff stuck his head out the door. “Gates are opening.”

Everyone went to the windows. Kalas had the honor of holding Wynne. He didn’t seem to notice Citrus staring at him and whispering, “But I wanted to hold the puppy…”

But then to his and everyone’s amazement, another dog appeared from the mists. “That was mean and they should feel bad,” Acio huffed, but stopped dead when Wynne’s ears perked.

The two dogs stared at each other.

Wuff,” Wynne whispered.

Newcomb said, “Wynne…”

Wynne kicked off Kalas’s chest, puppy teeth barred.

“WYNNE NO”

Acio has been killed!

He was…

Hello, Acionyx, welcome to RWBY Mafia!

You are Zwei.

You're Ruby and Yang's pet dog, but you're SO MUCH MORE. You are a Welsh Corgi and absolutely a GOOD BOY. You are extremely intelligent, very loyal, and somehow both FIREPROOF and VERY DURABLE as evidenced by the scene where you DESTROY A MECH by being LIT ON FIRE and LAUNCHED INTO IT. You're basically the BEST DOG. Because of this show's NARRATIVE STRUCTURE you have the ability to do ALMOST ANYTHING as long as it's CUTE and/or FUNNY.

You are the Town Double Vote Enabler.

Each night, you must target a player other than yourself. During the next day phase, that player's vote counts as two votes.

If there are five or fewer living players at the beginning of a Night phase, this ability becomes optional.

You win when all the mafia have been eliminated.

Day Three has begun!

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Well, time to see if scum roleblocked him.

Vote Jarizok

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I think the odds of there being more than a singular scum inside the town pool of [Vaimes, Acionyx, dichotomousCreator, Fable, blab, Cobalt, fontisian, Quiddity and Stanari] are bordering zero, I'd rate the odds of them being all town pretty high in the ninetys percentage wise; if I'm wrong about somethere it's maybe Cobalt but that's only if I'm somehow wrong on Jarizok being mafia since I don't see them being partners at all and I'm pretty positive that Jarizok is mafia and I've had Cobalt as a pretty strong town read throughout this game. It's more of a "Lots of my town reads aren't seeing this read and maybe I'm missing something?" type thing. I think putting those nine names to the side and lynching the remainders is a winning play almost always. If anyone thinks there's mafia inside there they should bring up who/why otherwise we really don't have a lot to discuss and shouldn't be wasting a lot of time on what is probably a locked win.

For those that are curious as to what I noticed when reading through Zenzaos ISO looking for interaction analysis Fable is hard cleared by Zenzao's wall on him and his reaction to the entire thing, it's never W/W there, the manner Zenzao slipped onto Q, Q calling him out and hard pushing him there combined with well Zenzao spewing her after he'd claimed hard clears him too. There's a decent amount that points towards Zenzao/Fontisian not being a thing and the manner that Blab interacted with Zenzao after he posted his Fable wall trying to force Zenzao to consolidate his reasoning into succinct points isn't really a W/W interaction either. So yeah, there's pretty strong reasoning for just about everyone that's in this pool to be there.

If you remove those names you're only left with the pool of [Miner, KaiDASH, pienyan and Jarizok], I think lynching through that wins the game most of the time here, think my preferred order at the moment is something like Jarizok->Pienyan->Kai->Miner but we can discuss specifics of that later (Would contemplate switching Kai/Miner since Zenzao scum flip actually makes plenty of sense as scum with Miner), for today we're lynching Jarizok - see below;

I went mostly into Jarizok/Zenzao connections yesterday, for those that missed them it's here;

I'd add to that by stating that Zenzao scum claiming yesterday when the wagons were between himself and Jarizok makes significantly more sense if Jarizok is mafia here too. With so many people not particularly caring of the order we lynched them in the Jarizok lynch wasn't completely off the table and with people like DC stating it was their preferred lynch had Zenzao not lay down and scumclaim he may have been able to push through a singular mslynch before himself if Jarizok was town and the wagons were S/T. The way it all transpired just makes much more sense if it was S/S there.

Jarizoks play throughout late D1/early D2 wasn't bad but he's already started to drop off in the same sort of fashion he did inside WH where he was scum; combine the fact that interactions of his with both Waco & Zenzao are very damning and that his play alone as well as with PoE is likely scum I think we're almost assured a scum flip via lynching Jarizok; think if we get that we'd get enough information to lock this game down completely. I also think if Jarizoks actually town here the information the lynch will provide is also pretty gigantic and really don't see a lot that's gained by delaying this day when I think everyone and their mother knows we're lynching Jarizok today. Pretty happy for this to be another shortened day.

Vote: Jarizok

fontisian - With scum having a rolecop, a roleblocker & a backup roleblocker what's the odds we're looking at a scum team of 4 rather than one of 5? Think you'd have a better idea of how Newcomb/Eido balance things than I would. I also imagine scum have fake claims here so having everyone character claim since we know one of scums alive characters probably isn't worth it, right? Mass-claim tomorrow sound about right too?

pienyan - Not interested in having walls back and forth about my read on you. If you're town here focusing on telling me if there's scum inside my lock town pool outside of Cobalt, and if you think Cobalt/Jarizok is ever a thing if Jarizok does flip mafia like I expect him to is where I'd like you to devote your time.

---------- Post automerged at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Waiting for the typical "Fuck walls" comment from Vaimes but I don't really intend to make any more today and hopefully any more this game; really nailed down my thoughts there.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

>skips to the bottom of Reg's wall
    >sees a comment just for me

<3

12. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    First up: Lynch: Jarizok still needs to die in a fire.
    Second: I suspect scum must have rolecopped Acio N1. This is unfortunate, because idk if anyone noticed but I was pretending my doublevote was permanent so I'd attract a kill to get rid of it. This means it's pretty likely he was roleblocked as well as being killed, since it was a guaranteed hit.

Although there's an easy way to check: See how many votes are currently alive. @MODS: Could we have a votal, please?

13. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Hi.

I need to mull it over a bit more, but I do not think I support a Jari lynch today and this is my declaration to lynch Reg if he's still alive and the game reaches a XYLO situation.

@Reg; You don't get to tell me I'm not allowed to talk to you about your read on me when you're literally saying that I'm to be the next lynch after Jari, and you don't seem to care about anyone else's reads on me. I agree with Q and Stanari being added to the town block.

14. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Okay, this sounds important. I think the first thing you need to do, pie, is make a town case for Jarizok.

(I'm vaguely aware you've argued for town!Jari at some point in the past, but a complete summary of why Jari is town and therefore should not be lynched should be in order about now)

15. Vira

High Score:
    RWBY Mafia Votal 3.1.

Jari [3]: Vaimes, Reg, DC.
    Not Voting [11]: Blab, Cobalt, Fable, Font, Jari, Kai, Miner, Pienyan, Quiddity, Quiddity, Stanari.

With 14 votes alive, it will be 8 votes to soft lynch and 11 votes to hard lynch.

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    (EBWOP: Assuming the mulling supports your current thoughts, anyway)

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Who tf did scum roleblock??

18. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

lynch jarizok

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    DOUBLE EBWOP: Okay...so maybe he wasn't rolecopped and the kill was a generic townfirm kill that got lucky. Q has a doublevote today, anyhow.

---------- Post automerged at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

TRIPLE EBWOP: Actually, I think I want to see what pie has to say. Unvote

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Either they didn't rolecop Acio, or they bought my bluff. Dunno if I'd get a roleblock message since I'm out of shots.