1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

Can I assume you're townreading pie?

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    [​IMG]

3. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    YOU'RE telling me it's +EV to ignore both players for the entire game? (To be fair I now kind of think Reg is scum, so)

Think pie is on point with the Stanari thing. I felt like Stanari's conversation with me yesterday where they were getting increasingly annoyed with me being kind of weird was a town sort of thing.
    Fable --- Don't gladiator either Kai or Fonti. They're probably town. If you REALLY don't want reg/pie today, target Miner instead.

---------- Post automerged at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Yes. For a number of reasons, not least of all being if pie is scum then her tactics this game have been pretty deplorable (I essentially buy her meta argument that she wouldn't go this far to try and win that way)

Also, y'know. Reading Reg as scum kind of makes pie look very good.

4. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Hey @DC;.

What do you think of how Reg spent a lot of D2 post-Waco flip attempting to link Jari and Zen together (notice any similarity to how he handled Waco/me)? Also, I agree that Reg moving Zen up to a *lock-town* read around that point D1 is suspicious, given Zen had done pretty much nothing all game but write huge walls with no follow-through to them.

5. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I think there's some suspicious parallels to blab doing the same thing, as I mentioned earlier. I somehow managed to miss Reg doing this, could you link me a post?

I missed the Zen locktown thing as I only revisited from the Waco shot overnight. That is also gross though.

I am still staying on Miner for the time being, but I do support a Reg lynch at this point in time.

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I'm open to the idea of fonti being a villager but explain Kai to me.

7. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Oh also for anyone who is unaware, a Gladiator targets another player and restricts voting to themselves and their target. This is what Fable is claiming.

(Amusingly, I only know this b/c I just read through the entire mafiascum wiki role list)

8. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    We've reached the point where there's a significant group of people building up in this game who were able to gain a correct understanding how I *actually* play, despite this being their first experience with me.

Take that in and realize how far off the stuff Reg - who has many, many, many, many hours with me - is saying about me is. It isn't genuine.

P-edit: dichotomousCreator; #955

---------- Post automerged at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Oh wait you meant linking Jari/Zen together. Let me find it again.

9. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    You know how I said yesterday that Kai moving from Jari onto pie was a great data point?

At the time I thought this was because Jari would flip scum and Kai would look shifty as hell, but why exactly is scum!Kai changing wagons here? It's just drawing needless attention to himself. In #1162 Kai additionally posits that Reg is scum in town!Jari world, so Kai town fits in with the Reg scumread I currently have.

Of course, if Reg flips TOWN then >_>

I also liked his response to Q's initial prodding of me yesterday, and his general obstinate obtuseness feels more like the kind ornery town possess.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Q, if you protected me, first of all how dare you.

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Do you think he really planned to have you mislynched based purely off meta? I feel like he knows some of us can be meticulous when it comes to that sort of thing so he wouldn't go that route as a wolf.

12. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Two things: First, Reg's case on pie was a lot more than "just meta". Second, he was claiming certain behaviour was "within pie's scum range" which is a much more subjective and difficult thing to judge.

(I am aware this was directed at pie, but pie is town so whatever)
    Vaimes: I am almost certain Q did that last night b/c of the whole "last will and testament" thing. Q was expecting to die.

13. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    dichotomousCreator; #1497 #1547 #1551 , etc. through to #1573. This was all D2 before Zenzao flipped, the most apparent one is 1547.

---------- Post automerged at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------
    Fable; I don't think he actually thought I'd call out his push on me for what it was. I went into this a little bit, but I focus a *lot* on people pushing me when I'm town - the end result of this is that I call out bad pushes from me and town read good pushes on me, but this creates a weak spot in my play where if scum makes a push on me that I actually accept, I strongly town read them for it. Reg saw this in action the last game I played before this game (was an offsite game) and that sort of weakspot abuse is something I know he focuses on as scum.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

???

is this a PR

15. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    ...yeeeeah, I see it. That's not good.

Do you have any thoughts on Miner, specifically in relation to Reg? (general thoughts are ok too but I'm interested in the "Reg scumbuddy" perspective)

---------- Post automerged at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

10charfiller

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

... the fuck?

The only thing I ignored about either pie and Reg was the fact that they were tunneling each other so hard that they could probably carve out a path through the entire Appalachian Mountains for Christ's sake.

Other than that, I was literally one of the first people to townlean pie, and I spent most of yesterday yelling at Reg for wanting to end the dayphase early (also fuck that, I wanted to wake up today and finish up the wall I had, but noooo yall were super trigger happy with the hammer).

Try again.

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    To the first point far enough but as far as claiming certain behavior is in her wolf range we can just read her wolf games and judge for ourselves and pien seems a lot more manipulative in those games (well game, I only read dangerous woman tbh) and I don't see it here. I'm just saying if Reg were a wolf and that was his plan then that was a bad plan also if he wanted to go that route why didn't he agree with me for that brief period when I was wolf reading pien?

18. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Not specifically in relation to Reg. I'll look into it and get back to you.

19. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    :facepalm

10char

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

idk why but that was one more PR than I was expecting

Vote Giver
    Day/Night Vig
    Parity Neighborizer
    Bodyguard
    Gladiator

Shrug?

Waco/Zen/Kai/[Reg or pie]/??? maybe blab, I agree with dC that it feels like he faded into the background a bit after Zen and Waco died.

Agree that Cobalt/Zen is very unlikely.

---------- Post automerged at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:43 ----------

That's a snazzy PR list, tho. Props to Newcomb.