1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Assuming this is to me, since you quoted Silver it's kind of hard to tell.

Jarizok read: don't have one. He hasn't done anything since I've been in the game. Saying Cobalt's vote on him was a me thing to do was referencing the fact that I think I've voted on Jarizok in every game I've been in with him, at some point.

I'd vote him, but it would be pretty much a policy lurker lynch.
    I'm about as serious about Mal as I'm capable of being with this level of investment in the game. I've seen him replace into games as town and be sharp - I particularly remember the WH I was the witch Apprentice and he subbed in D2 and him being just... incisive. This felt like not-that.

It's actually making me feel a bit more iffy on him that literally no one is defending him and everyone kinda wants to lynch him, although that's mitigated by the fact that if Rubicon's for real he's got, what, at max 1 person who'd have a vested interest in seeing him live?

Agree that Mal is heavily biased towards an analytical style, and that's what I saw in the posts of his I read. Just like, trying to replicate it and not quite pulling it off.

Eh, not much, I don't think? You're right that it's kind of a pet peeve of mine, but the thing I jumped on had more to do with what I perceived as not disregarding it, but moreso having TMI that I'm town.

I mean, I kind of expected to get at least /some/ heat for rolling in and going, "hi all, not going to read anything I wasn't here for, glgl". And to have MAL of all people go, "wow, wish I had the confidence to play like that!" instead of going "hey that sounds like the perfect cover for a witch, vote: Newcomb" was kind of... eyebrow raising.

It's way too late for this open-ended a question. At least link the damn votal. But the answer is "probably not." When I get what I consider useful information out of votals, it comes from intimately knowing the context behind the votes and for obvious reasons that's not something I have here.

That phrasing is weird as hell. If Citrus and Mal are both town you want to lynch outside them. Uh. Good?

2. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Yeah.

I'm mentioning this because, like, I said earlier, despite the existence of the "can't read" faction, I think that the Elders have already noticed. Mentioning this to the thread at large... therefore.... isn't a problem.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I mean, I just find you scummy. Maybe I'll turn out to be wrong, but that's my read right now.

Your day 1 content was snoresville, and your day 2 content has felt... motivated, manipulative, crafted. I don't get the sense that you are saying and doing things because you believe them.

What you call your "essential essense," I call being natural and genuine, and so far it's missing for me.

Newcomb townreading you is notable, but I'm waiting to see if he still feels that way once he catches up.

4. Newcomb

Wait you want to lynch Vaimes? Spicy.

I just assumed since no one was calling for his head and it was D2 he was just consensus town and not around much for whatever reason.

5. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Because everyone's a potential teammate and you have to be seen lynching someone?

Could also be they're waiting for dayend to tip the lynch, or feel trapped into the current situation, or we're lynching the scum DOB or something (flashbacks to WH12...)

Okay but that doesn't mean we DON'T need to catch the LWs and that's why talking about their interactions is important (not to mention it can lead back to Elders in some cases...)

6. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Night all, I need my sleep now.

7. Newcomb

Ugh, I might have to actually read some of the backlog since if there's actually doubt about Vaimes's alignment, like. History suggests that I can crack that code.

---------- Post automerged at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Tomorrow, though. Night all.

8. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Everyone should reread my posts/interactions between 2224 and 2372, btw. There's a lot that can be explained in there by my signal interception that people were looking at as weird, lol.

9. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I was thinking more like the opposite. Like the Elders would lead us to the LW. Mostly, I'm just looking to find connections and lynch all scum involved.

[​IMG]
    Cats are NAI, on the site I come from, ftr.

10. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Agree that's more common. Disagree hunting LW independently isn't worthwhile (if nothing else we don't really want them being free to dick around doing whatever until we've caught enough Elders)

11. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    By the way...

If you go upthread a lil bit, you'll see that I was originally reading Jari/Fable a lot...

Their posts read like people who knew each other's alignment, but did not share a quicktopic. I thought it was weird, and maybe Fable was phoneposting and didn't have access to Quicktopic, or whatever.

But then I found the thing.

This is why... I think Jari is EW.

---------- Post automerged 07-21-2017 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-20-2017 at 11:59 PM ----------

By the way, I'm bored and want to feel proud of myself, so now I'm going to post all my mints about the Fable/Miner thing. I think they were found by at least one of them and that's why I thought the Miner replying to dC thing was a pressure-caused scumslip.

---------- Post automerged at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

This wasn't a mint because I found the thing immediately after this post, but I'm including it anyway because it's REALLY funny.

This is the second time in this thread that dC hasn't read equal chance/50% as being "someone is either junior or agent", by the way. Lmao.

Four hours dot meme. Literally only here to be caught by the people I caught so that they know that I know before I post the thing for everyone. Probably a bad idea because it gives them time to refute, but also I can't help trolling just a little bit. Plus, it might have lead to those great Miner posts.

I wonder what my stats from later are going to be based on? A mystery.

Hmmmm. Talking about the Miner posts being a scumslip, and then immediately trying to get Fable in the thread. I wonder what this is about... (and, of course, I mention the thing.)

This one isn't a mint, though:

This is just a post.

---------- Post automerged at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Time to post some votals with green Rubi and knowingly coaligned Miner/Fable. I can finally start my real analysis. Sorry it took so long....

---------- Post automerged at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------
    Newcomb

Still waiting for you to construct worlds where Rubi isn't town and Tom is. Don't just handwave it. Live your dream.

12. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

You really had fun with that ey Beru? I approve. That said, you've strengthened my townread on Fable here rather than convinced me to lynch these guys.

13. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    your opinion doesn't matter because you're the elder that caught the signal

Other people can weigh in now, though. That would be nice

---------- Post automerged at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

No emoji on this forum? Wow. Those are supposed to be musical notes...

14. Jarizok

Heh, I wish I had caught the signal.

All this does shed new light on Miner's "Fable is a bad but necessary lynch" post though.

You want to argue that Miner said that as lw about his partner, rather than as agent?

15. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Here's a current votal with (soft, I guess) confirmed things (and me!):

vaimes (1): owner (#1872)
    dichotomousCreator (1): jarizok (#2219)
    fable (1): mallorean_thug (#2226)
    kaiDASH (3): rubicon (#1708), citrus (#1952), vaimes (#2009)
    citrus (4): dichotomousCreator (#1668), his fluffiness (#1692), kaiDASH (#2169), beruru (#2232)
    mallorean_thug (5): miner (#1824), fable (#2073), silvercrys (#2080), newcomb (#2207), weiyaoli (#2258)

And here's a current votal with (soft) confirmed things and Beru Opinions:

vaimes (1): owner (#1872)
    dichotomousCreator (1): jarizok (#2219)
    fable (1): mallorean_thug (#2226)
    kaiDASH (3): rubicon (#1708), citrus (#1952), vaimes (#2009)
    citrus (4): dichotomousCreator (#1668), his fluffiness (#1692), kaiDASH (#2169), beruru (#2232)
    mallorean_thug (5): miner (#1824), fable (#2073), silvercrys (#2080), newcomb (#2207), weiyaoli (#2258)

The Citrus and Kai trains being mostly clear-to-me is really weird, especially because besides the giant block of town... Citrus is on Kai and Kai is on Citrus. This is certainly something. (It might also be why I haven't moved my vote yet.)

dC already pointed out most things about Miner and Fable on Mal.

Mal on Fable, Jari on dC, and Owner on Vaimes, though... those... are interesting votes, for a number of reasons. If Mal is EW, voting into the LW/Agents pool is a pretty ballsy thing to do. Jari holding on to dC, and owner holding on to Vaimes... both aren't very good looks. Parking your vote on some random player without actual pressure on other players to join you or backup... is never a good time.

By the way, here's a fun bit of wine:

Fable getting mad at scum!Acio over the don't talk to scumfirms thing because he (read) knows that Acio should (mechanically) know.

In that case, it could also be read as "Fable, don't use the live thread to talk to Elders." or "Fable, you aren't a LW, and you can't convince me. Sorry."

---------- Post automerged at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

Sure. Everyone else needs this reasoning, anyway.

You don't have to be talking to the thread to talk to specific people in the thread. Bussing is a perfectly good option, especially when you never actually have to vote the guy.

And... things you shouldn't post in the thread.

Oh yeah, speaking of things you shouldn't post in the thread...

Fable's Zealot claim was obviously not something that usually gets someone out of a lynch, right?

Well, he was obviously claiming to Elders, and not town. That's pretty certain.

Zealot is one of the roles that Elders want to join the coven the most... so it makes sense for Fable to claim that when under fire.

After that claim, the pressure on Fable disappeared. Hmm.

16. Jarizok

Fable would make that exact same play as agent as well though. Since agents also want to be 'recruited' at halftime to deny witches and gain an extra life?

17. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    One sec.

Ok.

If Miner/Fable are JWs, we have two wolves, and that's great.

If Miner/Fable are Agents, I think it's possible to PoE the rest of the game...

... we'll probably still reach halftime if Angels are unable to make correct saves, though.

I don't like playing halftime even though it makes the setup a lot easier for town, so I want to end the game before it gets that far... whether it's by proper game end or concession.

Of course, if the game ends before halftime, then LW/Agents will never join the Coven.

When this Day started, I thought I'd have to wait another Day to do things like this, but it turns out that as long as you have a decent amount of time to think, you can do anything.

---------- Post automerged at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Oh yeah, new question.

I know that posting rolereads is bad, but what about posting "someone isn't this role" reads? I used to always just do it, but there's always new fun unique reasons to not do a thing in Witchhunt.

18. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I actually don't think so because there's the risk that elder!Conspirator busts the claimant as an Agent which improves the chances of a successful recruit.

On top of this, even if he doesn't end up getting recruited (Elders miss, lynched before halftime) it's good to communicate to the Elders that the Zealot specifically is gone because it's a pretty big worry for them (see also: why town doesn't claim the damn thing)

...okay and come to think of it Fable not playing to his RWBY scum meta would make sense if Fable is LW because it's a different sort of scum, which is the main reason I was townreading him in the first place :/

Not 100% on lynching Fable over Citrus but I think that's like
    me hitting and then attempting to chain-hit because yeehaw
    So I think I'm good to Lynch: Fable today now, although I'd rather hold off on Miner b/c Fable's more independently scummy and if we're wrong about that whole thing then I'd rather keep Miner around honestly.

(citrus still needs to die but it's not a particularly informative lynch I don't think? So unless we think he has a dangerous role that can happen whenever)

PREVIEW EDIT: "not role" reads probably shouldn't be posted for no reason? Like it's only a bit of a PoE narrowing for scum but it's still something.

19. Jarizok

Even posting what someone isn't could narrow down the field for witches to rolehunt.

There's 3 Elders and 4 agents/lws. That's 7 people out of field of 17 that aren't holy already. With 3 holy roles in 10 people, every not-holy within that pool is something elders can use much more than townies can use the info that someone isn't role x IMO.

20. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I just reread the roles and realized that Agents can get Conspirator.

Kai, what the fuck. Patch, pls.

Also, this is about something coven probably already knows.

There is a chance that the "can't read" faction is more powerful than I thought, though.

---------- Post automerged at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

Like, imagine. You get your PM, click on the quicktopic link, and see "you're a conspirator, you're an agent, the agent roles are conspirator and enchantress, here's your partner eido the enchantress, good luck!"

I think if I read that, I'd probably die on the spot.