1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Delphine

Delphine First Year

...are subject to computer availability/limited to 3/also shared with actual responsible activities. Am not expecting to make it to Supermac tonight pre-deadline but if I can I will.

I don't want to lynch:
    Rubicon - His entrance to the game, votetiming and overall demeanor seem very comfortable and characteristic of his town meta. As scum, he expects to die early andactively makes an effort to be misleading/bullshits scumsided reads/disrupts town cohesion - I feel like his focus here is wider, more nuanced and more sensible than scum!Rubi.
    fonti-

Asmo-
    Jan-
    Fable?-

^ Well there's the top couple of tiers of my readwall, anyway, since I'm #outofiso time.

I'm horirbly waffling on miner. Have spent so much time thinking about his let me try this quip to rubi

vote GH

The point that it's easier to relate information to questions on a later Day phase is fair and did not cross my mind. However, in the different context, I very much don't get the sense that you're detailing to death outside-of-the-thread work you did for no real reason that I can think of other than to try to sound townie. And I /do/ think that the stiltedness/lack of integration in your thoughts surrounding your reaction tests here is scum indicative.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Jari, sorry about this, but I have a ton of problems with your post, and I'm going to crush you with them. If I'm wrong, well, sometimes that's how it is.

Ok, no. Confident town for now makes no sense as a statement and sounds like you wanted to get a strong read out and look good, then decided you needed to hedge just in case you need to (mis?)lynch Rubicon later.

This little reversal is something I really like from Delphine.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I.

The things I am seeing that were just posted are changing. I don't know why.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I. Wrote out the full post against Jari? And posted it? And responded to it. And that's the post I was quoting? What.

3. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Hehe, posts against me will not be tolerated.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyways, I don't see anything wrong with "as confident town as one can be halfway through D1". I can certainly stand for you to be wrong on me after you-know-what.

4. fontisian

Fuck it, I'll do it again.

You're justifying Fable's placement as something town!you would do, rather than explaining it. You also double hedged on him, asmo and delphine which is unlike you and leaves an out for later.

"I am mad that I have more pressure than fluff, who has done jack all."

You literally had him as a strong townread, with a reason, two days ago.

--- Post automerged ---
    That's not what you said. You said "for now" to intentionally weaken the read, while saying "confident" to look like you're being confident town.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And while I appreciate the insight into your thought process, you've literally only posted long, not particularly relevant to the game explanations of your play as mafia before.

Because it's stupid and you know it's stupid. Come on, you don't seriously believe that Jan tries to call himself spew clear there as a mafia strategy. That doesn't make sense, dude.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And just, no. You would scum read this as town. You're not going to yomi level 0 on Jan and then level 5 on GH within moments, that doesn't make sense.

5. Jarizok

I had GH increasing in towniness after I had my vote on him for a while. If you can quote me saying GH is strong town somewhere, I'll bow down before you as the god of mafia.

I'm also not mad about Fluff at all and don't want to lynch him myself, bit I'm expected to say that so yadayada.
    --- Post automerged ---
    My mind is twisted Font.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I really do believe Jan /could/ do that as scum, and it happened, so I'm of the opinion he did do it. I wouldn't have predicted for him to do it, but why the hell wiuldn't he? It's fun to try things.

And yeah, I say for now a lot. That was my first list, I'm expecting things to shift around. I can see why it would be scummie but I hadn't considered that while making the post cos I'm town just trying to solve.

Anyways, this is the funnest crush I've been in so far, so I appreciate the back and forth and moderate tone. Thanks.

6. fontisian

--- Post automerged ---
    It's not about whether he would do that as scum, it's about why that /makes him scum.

Also you saying "I really do believe" makes me think what you're actually saying is while you are mafia, you do believe that Jan would do that sort of thing as mafia.

7. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Lol font it went through the first time too (looks perfect on tapatalk), so the result is double wall with different wordings

8. fontisian

I hate everything.

The Jari post from a scum game I was reminded of is this Witch Hunt #8

9. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

One thing I'll say is "confident town" is a read, just like "inactive wolf" or "frustrated town"

Saying: "I'm reading him as 'confident town' for now" is perfect acceptable

Garcia rule on everything else, but you've pressed this issue twice now as if you think Jari was saying "I confident hes town, for now", which is totally different

10. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Saw some peeps mentioning ISOs earlier. How to ISO on this forum?

11. fontisian

Click on the little magnifying glass under names.
    --- Post automerged ---
    No, in that context, Jari was calling his read confident, not Rubicon confident, I believe.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like, Rubicon has been less confident than usual, I would say, this game, so that doesn't make sense.

12. Jarizok

Aye, Rubi is never confident. Huehue.

13. fontisian

Also, my interpretation fits jari's typical writing style better.

14. Jarizok

Ah yes, that post in WH8 was glorious.

15. fontisian

That is helpful.

I think this is a good time to consolidate on Jari.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

I can't seem to remember if Jari trolled in witch games.

Someone remind me.

17. Jarizok

I'm not trolling, just casual. We shan't consolidate on me as I am town and therefore a bad lynch. I would offer alternatives, but y'all called that flailing last time (RWBY). I was town then.

18. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Vote: Jarizok

19. Jarizok

Such a betrayal I've never witnessed.

Et tu, Rubi?

20. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Some quotes - starting from the premise that Jan's reads are defendable, and Jan's reaction was "genuine" and then providing a counterexplanation for why we shouldn't believe that.

Surely if Jan's read is bad, it's just bad? If his frustration with Fable was fake, it was just fake?

I doubt town considers those things defendable or genuine in the first place.

Not necessary or relevant to the read, except as a mindset slip that you're worrying too much about whether the read shift is believable.