1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    miner
    rubicon
    jan
    fonti (flipped Villager)
    Jari (flipped villager)
    Fluff
    Asmo

So the thing I wanted to check was how many people in the game voted for beruru so far and it's 7/11 and for my purposes 7/10 and narrow that down further cuz beruru obv isn't gonna vote herself 7/9 which leaves GH and delphine as the only people that have not voted for beruru. Now I'm not sure what to do with this, I feel like wolves would be less likely to bus in this game since even one correct lynch means it goes to f3 if the wolves want to have any chance of winning. Which means there's not really too many people beruru can be aligned with IMO. I think what I'm trying to get at is we could probably hard lynch beruru if we wanted to and I don't think any hard lynch will lead to a wolf dying.
    --- Post automerged ---
    But it evolved out of thin air? Like at no point do I see any indication that your read on GH should have changed, it just does because pushing other people seems more convenient for you.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Ok. Let's play this game.

What read do you think he needs to elaborate on more (Delphine doesn't count, because he did and you used a plural anyway).

I would ask you when he didn't pressure people, but that makes little sense.
    Look at his interactions with me about my read on you d1 and talk me through what exactly you mean with n"ot really pressuring people", because if I only think of that then I would argue that he did.

3. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Or maybe, just maybe, you and beruru have been super scummy recently, and that has shifted my reads.

I know it's hard to imagine, since evolving reads is something that you have no experience with, but my reads have changed for a reason.

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Oh, yeah.

I don't understand the hedge parts you are reading into my reads? Like, you can't just be like "oh yeah these people are town" and ignore the reasons they might be scum if you think that people in the future are going to miss it. If you're the only person who notices something, and you never say something even though you think that person is town right now, what happens in that future where your doubts are real and nobody ever got to know?

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Honestly I disagree with the premise, but I am playing along for a minute.

Did you look at the context for each vote?

RVS vote - doesn't count.
    Pile on vote without pressure - doesn't count.

Unless you look at the context for every vote and how the people read each other, that statement is somewhat useless.

6. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

beruru, what made you want to search for fonti partners? Was there something particular you were scumreading her for that made you want to search for teams?

vote: Asmo

Strongly dislike the way Asmo set up the shift onto beruru yesterday and in general it just doesn't make sense to me based on the things he wrote about beru early in the day, which strike me as still true. Also dislike "Is this why you killed her?"
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fable, it strikes me that this is the one read of yours that fluff has a point about. You like him because you like his reads? Unless I missed some more explanation.

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    But you haven't given any reasons?

Like you only seem to think I'm wolfy cuz I'm defending beruru when my wolf meta is I bus like crazy, it makes no sense.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm not sure who you're referring to here?

8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

beruru being town

9. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Asmo.

10. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I know all of the listed people voted for beruru as a serious vote, I'd need to go back and ISO everyone to see how much pressure followed each vote.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah it was I liked his reads and he made a remark along the lines of "I'm disappointed nobody commented on my reads" that I liked.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I just won't react to the bears stuff until she gets home and gives answers that are actually useful for the game and not empty defensve speak.

12. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    By the way it doesn't matter which page you're on ctrl+F "beruru" and the side bar explodes....so that's a thing.

Not saying it means anything alignment wise just means this is gonna take a while. >.>
    --- Post automerged ---
    So miner seems very on board with a beruru lynch all game so far and like the only thing he's done is accuse her of hedging in one post.

Not really liking that tbh.

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

beruru doesnt even help, because some people call her "bears" or somilar things.

I can tell you that fluff votes means little for bears alignment.

I can tell you that to believe I am with bears you have to think I case her 40% of d1 then stop and push her again starting d2 all the while painting myself as the guy that should die n1, but playing for final 3.

Miner hasn't done a lotin regards to bears that I remember. He voted on her for possible cfd reasons, but I don't think that meant a lot because she was basically never dying at that point.

Rubicon and Asmo I don't know right now.

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Yeah I don't think you/bears is ever a thing.

Also miner was on bears early and then again at EoD but hasn't done anything that I would call pressure.

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

TBH at this point if you still don't think I'm as close to being clear as I'm gonna get then you're insane.

Which is why at this point I'm just convinced I'm right.

But reasons:

I expected town!beru to be super "I don't give a fuck," but not in the way that she did it d1. Instead of "I don't give a fuck about being lynched" (which is unlike(?) beru although I'm only going off one game and she was the priest that game so maybe this is incorrect), I expected "I don't give a shit about thread consensus I think these people are scum and I'm going to their necks under the guillotine." Basically I expected her to be spicy d1. That didn't happen, plus the whole hedging around and general EOD behavior makes me want to lynch her.

I distinctly remember one of the major reasons I wanted to CFD beru so much in that last WH game was because she jumped around all the time, switched all her reads, 180'ed on Acio, and pretty much just pinged me as either very indecisive, or just wanted to fire a shit ton of reads into the thread to throw up a smoke screen as scum. She's not doing any of that here either.

Finally, pretty sure both font's legacy post and Jari's legacy post included some form of "lynch beru."
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wow, thoughts did not translate into typing.

I'm convinced I'm right and I didn't really want to give reasons before because I was super lazy and sleep deprived.

16. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

What reason, again? Defending Jari?
    That's fine, I guess, but could you explain why that's suspicious to you?

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    So with rubicon he voted beruru early because he thought their opening felt more like wolf!beruru but then switched to fonti later ironically for something she said to beruru but slowly progresses to V reading both of them.

I mean I was already V reading him but this kinda just makes me V read him more cuz he's shutting down avenues of attack for himself left and right if he's a wolf. As for a rubicon/beruru team, it's someone I'm V reading and someone who just seems like an unlikely wolf to me so if that's the team then lolme.

18. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Gonna wait on Beru to respond to my post and Jan's before I respond to you on this.

In the meantime, I'd just ask that you consider other worlds and elaborate your thoughts on other players as well
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also gonna wait to comment on Jan's larger case on Beru because Garcia

19. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Asmo do you no longer believe the things you said here?

20. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

Here's where I'm at so far:

- Fable's been fairly consistent in his pressuring of Fluff, he's been on him all game and IIRC expressed a clear preference to lynch Fluff over Jari but obviously moved to Jari when there wasn't really another option. It's not something I want to clear him for by any means but it probably means I'm going to be looking elsewhere today.

Fable also knows I can't ever 100% clear him after previous history so hopefully he's content with this.

- I'd like Rubicon to talk about his view on Fluff. He was a "hard no" on lynching Fluff midway through D1 but did not follow up or elaborate, instead just kind of sticking Fluff in there. Today he implies that Fluff - who's been far more active so far - only has one valid point in his reads, that of Asmo.

- I feel like lynching people just because the legacy posts of dead players said so is a cop-out.

- I like Miner a lot today, particularly his dismissal of Beru's Fonti NK thing as wifom and just merely levels.

- I think the team could be Rubicon/Fluff, but Rubicon's probably just town if Fluff is.

- I think Asmo is still just town here but would still like him to answer Fable's point.

- I think Jan's case on Beru would mean more if this type of posting behavior he calls her out for isn't inside her town meta. Clarification on that point, anyone?