1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

I'll get to everything else but wanted to briefly touch on this first:

Don't try to get other people to make your arguments for you. If you have a reason to scumread me for that, say it yourself.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Alright, let's get cracking. Now I'm having fun.

Rubi:

No.

Again, most of your scummy actions have been in relation to people I've independently wolfread - first Fluff, and then Miner. As I've already worked out in my previous wall, your actions at EOD2 make a lot less sense coming from a scum perspective if Miner is town - you seemed to have a clear order of preference and worked to make certain goals happen, none of which would matter if you were scum.

It's pretty much mechanical, yes. I don't see why that's a reason to shade me.

This is completely ridiculous and seems just like shade for its own sake. My vote was already missed in the official tally once because it got buried in a wall.

I don't really care much about percentages, so let's just put it this way.

Out of all the players remaining in the game, I find Miner to be the most likely wolf. Assuming this is the case, due to EOD2 behavior which I've already pointed out, you are his most likely partner.

If Miner is straight-up town, then the reason I have for wolfreading you disappears and then we shift over to the other two people in my POE simply because they haven't been quite as townie as Beru and Delphine: Asmo and Fable.

It's POE, baby.

--------------- MOVING ON. ---------------

Miner:

I took a look at your voting patterns and behavior that you asked for.

You've voted for a lot of confirmed towns (Fonti) and people who I consider to be town (Beru). You've also, as you mentioned, defended the two lynches, Jari and Fluff to this point. You could be right but it could also simply be a case of TMI (granted, you also pushed Fable for a while).

From D1:

Actually in general you've just been minorly pushing Fable all game but never really pulling the trigger, so I can't rule you/Fable out either.

The bottom line is that you make sense with a lot of other people in my POE.

(also, you know, the thing where you talk about me saying Fluff and I are never partners but actually don't elaborate on that. also also, how you have too many scumreads.)

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

I make zero sense with anyone in your POE. Mostly because I make zero sense with anyone as a partner.

I'd say the only two people in this game that I would've actually made sense with as a partner would have been fluff and maybe fonti.

3. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    More words about this would be nice. Actually, more words about this from anyone would be nice.

4. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Back~
    Long day, super tired but I haven't given other thread any attention so I'ma do that for a bit. Before that, though, lemme get to a couple things I saw omw home.

@Miner you here?
    --- Post automerged ---
    What do you mean by Rubi would never move the lynch off you as scum?

Do you mean he would never move the lynch off of a villager as scum? or do you mean you specifically?

Also, I don't know if I can agree that he "moved the lynch off you". By his own admission (and contrary to GH's read of those same actions), Rubi mainly moved off you because he felt you didn't have the numbers for a lynch. He then joined the CFD (presumably to ensure softlynch was met) after several others had moved. I don't think that qualifies as "moving the lynch off you".

What? Explain this, please. Earlier, you were saying that GH and I were likely partners because we were townreading each other, and now I'm scum if hes town? You really have to elaborate on this one for me. As well as you can. Literally explain like I'm five.

Also explain this one. I can understand Delphine, but what's causing you to say that GH/Rubi are never wolf together?

Also this one. It's interesting that you supposedly read Fable and yet have come to the exact opposite conclusion as me. Why is Fable only scum if GH is town?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Some progressions:

(after Fluff's flip):
    ...If we lynch Miner today and he flips town, are you going to say you have another townread on Rubi, EXCEPT only if he isn't w/w with someone else?
    All sarcasm aside, I'm not sure if I like or don't like your progression here. On one side, your absolute statement on Rubi/Fluff bothers me, and it bothers me you found a way out of townreading Rubi (and potentially limiting your options as scum), especially since the way out is by using another easy conditional townread. On the other hand, I like that you didn't take the easiest way out of reading Rubi by citing your previous conditional townread on him, because reevaluation and hesitance to fully clear someone can be towny traits.

Another progression:

Ok... What changed? I feel like I've put in more work in this phase than any before and, with solely Beru, singlehandedly pushed thread through this phase.
    What drops me from top town to one of your PoE, below Delphine (who's crowning achievement is her push on you all game)?
    The only thing that's happened that I can think would trigger this is my recent pressure on you. I guess I could also see you not wanting to limit your options by clearing me from your PoE (especially given your conditional read on Rubi, which would result in only ONE player left to lynch if Miner flipped town, and ONE player does not a team make).

If I'm wrong, I want to know why. What caused this shift?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Kk gonna focus on other game for a bit.
    @Miner @GeneralHankerchief please answer the questions in my posts to you

k bbl

5. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I got home and then Amrock made me sub into a turbo, so I haven't been able to do shit yet.

I'm town, Asmo is town, Delphine is town, Fable can be town, I guess, though... I didn't realize that he threw this shitfit in RWBY, too? It's fucking disgusting if you're mafia, dude. If this wasn't an important vote, I'd probably policy lynch you here for it. Obligatory "this is why hardcore AtE was banned on Fantasy Strike" comment.

I want to believe Rubi/Miner is real. (Insert X-Files theme remix of your choice here.)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hey, Rubi.

Are you actually willing to be lynched?

I want to call your bluff.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fable hasn't posted in 36 hours...
    --- Post automerged ---

It's not really for my entertainment. It's always deep wolf o'clock somewhere.

6. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Bears makes lots of posts. Many of them are more information than analysis. Sometimes I feel they may well be in Russian for all I take from most of them. Up to this phase they've effectively been my mental marker for null.

I wasn't too fond of their D1 in general. Something that stood out to me in their entrance (x) is that for all the tactics of waiting for people to have non-Bears-related interactions, Bears...only really had thoughts on Jari. And not long afterward was "helicoptering" the thread looking for mooore posts without having commented on much, which seemed like shades of fake zeal.

And also, just. "If Jari doesn't get lynched now, he'll get lynched later when we can't afford it if he's town." to "Unfortunately, I'm beginning to convince myself that Jari is town, and double unfortunately, I still think he needs to die to eliminate possible worlds.".

I'm some combination of really disturbed and pocketed that in their mid-D2 wall, they described my posts in about the worst possible light they could be taken in, and then insisted that I'm town.

The vibe I get from this early D2 discussion with Jan is conviction, and I want to say it makes the fact that the way they explain their reads is...nebulous/not logically following from how those are ranked, make more sense from a town perspective than the perspective of a scum agenda. Unless this is characteristic enough that it's actually necessary to deliberately make less sense to level??

I think the post I've liked most from them all game was the recent long D3 automerge beginning with "Is the top list from your first post your town circle? It's implied in the full post..."

First bit is on a borderline unfakeable level of paranoid imo - but it's also more a passing thought than something overblown, which is a good look. Fluff indicated investment level was AI for Bears, and I think this is indicative of an a p insane level of investment, between that sentiment and procrastinating via the game.

I think someone as QT active as beruru can likely manage a wide range of internal narratives, but the meandering, deep, stumped NK analysis seems genuine here in particular. And I think, in general, I believe beruru's read on Jan.

I have two burning questions.

@Beruru

WHI is the most recent one Kai hosted on MU, right? If so- where did your concept of his scum meta come from at EOD1? ("Jan - He's town. Besides the hella spew, scum!Jan is usually... quieter? and "less".")

Secondly, are you more likely to pay more or less attention to your scumbuddies' posts when reading the thread? Asking for a friend.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I miss the part of the game where I was thinking Rubicon was volume clear. But his D1 is still out of his scum range as I know it. Completely comfortable and proactive demeanor. Stream of consciousness elements of these posts read very genuinely to me (also think the miner snipe in the latter is town indicative; think he's more mean as town). Fonti and I mindmelded on that, and he's one of her best reads (which is also why I think he ~never votes her early on at the time he did as scum.)

Was less sure about his D2 while it was ongoing. Having slept on his D2 Asmo push (x ), I thiink there's more town motivation to pursue that at the time (why rock the boat?) except if distancing, but I also feel like it would have been a better push if he had partner TMI (wrt the Beruru aspects of it.) I had missed the Fluff progression here from this townlean before this strikes me as genuine - very in-depth, and esp. like the timing read. He also seems active/invested in shaping EOD, particularly D2. This is contrary to Mini Mafia 6 when he had a buddy trying to engineer a CFD onto and then back off their other buddy, and he mostly sat back and awkwardly tried to cause a no lynch while trying to seem like he was doing the opposite. It's confusing trying to analyse EODs retroactively (help) but I wanna say it's a good look. Hope to get a better sense of his view of the game state this phase.

@Rubicon
    What is your strongest current read?
    Have you reread Fable in recent history?
    What do you make of me/miner interactions?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I should download Asmo's turbo meta links.

I find his proactiveness and particularly his emotional trajectory throughout the game townie. I think it's town indicative to invite people to critique your reads (rather than sitting back and critiquing theirs), a la his early readwall and subsequent post. Him talking a lot more about Jari than to him kinda makes me hm. I think he responded to pressure very well D2 - there's self righteousness ("scrub" + this throwdown ) that is palpable but doesn't feel OTT. Only worry with that is he spent a long while not voting while kinda on the defensive. He has a very...joyous tone? when seeing things he likes from GH in particular (the Jari thing D1 + this D2.) I liked the "Yraelz wins" pop-in here , has a more stream of consciousness feel than an excuse-making one. Continues to push fluff; demands meta from Jan; puts $ where mouth is with Stardew meta followup. Devoting paragraphs to explaining why miner is scummy for meta EOD2 and then turning around that at the start of D3 seems non-agenda-y*. Fable/GH iso seems to be from the perspective ~if I assume Fable is mafia, who are his partners?~ more than a genuine assessment of Fable's play (comes off particularly in the tone of "Best Fable quote all game"), which concerns me.

@Asmodeus, what was the extra benefit to lynching fluff?

*Could you also address your miner read in greater depth?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Looks like those went through; time to ketchup.
    --- Post automerged ---
    To what extent are you familiar with Fable's meta, and have you looked into it during this game?

Huh, I didn't catch that. That is weird.

This kinda addresses something I just asked. I thought their play was pretty partnery until EOD2. I have never seen scum confuse two people they know have different alignments, and so miner responding to you as if you were GH continuing the attack on him for the mindset thing, is a pretty strong point against that. <b>I would love to know if anyone ITT has seen scum do that before.</b>

Fluff is someone miner defended p hard. Is the second Jari (who I don't think was in lynch contention when miner was?) Particularly with his apparent self-awareness of ~I never defend town as scum~ that also doesn't seem far from my memory of the only time I've seen him as scum, I am not really following. I'm gonna have to reread for it because I feel like I'm missing something. A thing that IS giving me pause on miner is him anchoring around deadpeople reads/the my way or the highway attitude in general.

As a side note I don't really think of activity level as AI for miner.
    [/QUOTE]

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

Lolno. Im only going to address the part where you talk about yourself and GH. I said that you and GH were probably partners early in the game. Now, with the current state of the game and how the past few phases have played out, I think that there are others who are much more likely to be partners with GH than you.

Also Rubicons not one of them, off the basis that he moved to GH at EOD yesterday to get to five votes. No way in hell he does that to a partner with me as the alternative wagon.

I'm done defending myself after quoting this:

He moved to GH to presumably make sure we Lynch. Which is also partially moving the Lynch off me. And I think that, since I wasn't around EOD yesterday, I would've been the easier mislynch by far. Those who moved early fall under the category of "moved the Lynch off me."

Anyways, Fable should die at some point in this game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't know what you're saying @Delphine for the last part.

8. Delphine

Delphine First Year

OK uh, you know Voxxicus/Eido, right? Iirc he invited you to play here? He has a particular mafia school of thought that revolves around mindset, getting into people's heads in a way that transcends the words they use, and trying to communicate his own thoughts in the same manner. Town mindset=game solving/lack of agenda/lack of TMI. Scum mindset=lack of town mindset. He is only concerned with whether a read is genuine and puts ~no stock into following other's reads. Might seem kinda "duh"/hard to follow since you also value mindset but there's some definite theory nuances to Eido's playstyle.

From knowing how Eido (and his padawan Newcomb) think and talk in mafia games, and from having experiences with GH where he sounded different, there's aspects of GH's play that make way more sense as someone trying to emulate Eido style now that GH has mentioned it.

An example of this was his pre-emptive discussion in his second post of his mindset for choosing not to address meta.

I can address the other bit later but it's not something I want to Garcia.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You've got to be fucking kidding me. I switched over to 100 posts/page when I downloaded the thread - can try to switch over to that for my posts specifically. I literally can't do offline quotes so idk what to do.
    --- Post automerged ---
    1. vote GH

"This case on me is so good that I can't even pretend to scumread it."

2. Partner analysis is a process for me and something I really value feedback on. I'm not the type of person to ~call scumteams~ pre-scumflip or pre-lylo because there's too many variables and it tends to lead me to unproductive paranoia worlds. It's not something I'm interested in forcing, but it did make sense when rereading the entire game specifically for you to also look at partner interactions/start dialogue on it. I feel like you're using my mindset around that as a way to strawman me.

Rubicon's fluff read makes much more sense to me on a reread and independently I think he's Just Town. I really liked his handling of your conversation about Jari D1, so I'm mostly inclined to think that set of stuff feels weird just because you're mafia.

I don't think it's you/miner per miner's EOD2 behavior but I need someone to check me (I miss Jan).

The team probably not being you/miner indicates a blindspot in my individual reads, which I'm most worried is Asmo based on your read progression on one another. Some stuff primarily on your end seems indicative of you/Fable, some stuff on Beru's end may be indicative of you/Beruru.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Back later; sorry miner.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What kind of reaction would be more appropriate?
    --- Post automerged ---
    1) OK. Fair.
    2) Hnngh. Let's try this another way -

To clarify, the start of your line of questioning to Rubicon was the test for fonti, or was playing oddly a focus from when you started posting in the thread? And can you speak further to how Rubicon ruined what you were going for?

3-4) This makes a lot of sense to me as a core value from what I remember of HP Mafia. I do think that's why I think of you as tending to bus.

I'm not sure I believe you believe you'd never kill Jan. Given that you were his 2nd preferred lynch at EOD2, I can see why calling to the memory of his earlier defense of you would benefit you as scum.

Also not sure I believe that defending Jari has no scum motivation for you -- protecting someone toptownreading you is in no way gamethrowing, you yourself weren't in danger at the time, and your vote wasnt even needed to lynch him at the time you started defending him. Now, the fact that there is scum motivation in my mind for you to do both of those things doesn't make you scum, but I am going to need you to tell me again why you believe those things aren't in your scum range.

Defending Fluff, who wasn't townreading you and was in lynch contention with you, I do think is something. Iirc you straight up called him a mislynch yesterday in your legacy of sorts and I want to know more on whether it was an actual town lean on his play or more that other people were scummier.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Please do.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Who is this in response to?
    --- Post automerged ---
    In what way am I reminiscent of Vira?

9. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I haven't played with Jan as mafia on forum, that was a video mafia read...

In WHI, my team came up with this super good distancing plan that I helped make and then I proceeded to ignore my entire team until they talked to me first and I didn't even realize it until we looked at interactions between us when shit started going sideways on D2. So I guess the answer is less? I'm also the person who asks my posts to get read over in witch chat/wants to read over my partners' posts in witch chat before people post, tho. IDK if you have phone discord, but the thread for that game on MU has the link to witch chat from that game if you wanna see.

10. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I'm out, but there's a good chance I can get phone wifi near EOD.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

@Delphine

If I wanted to save Jari because he was top townreading me, then there's no way fonti is the night kill n1 because she was also townreading me. And since Jari died I would have even more scum motivation to keep someone else who's been okay at reading me in the past alive.

Whenever I see fluff get piled on, especially when it's not endgame, that just starts ringing alarm bells in my head. In the one scum fluff game I've experienced he was very good at being townreading because his play style is like... Super easy to get a townreading with.

So if he's getting piled on, and if he's not like doing shit to actively push people off him, he's almost always a mislynch, hence my rant about how anyone who voted him who had played with him before was scummy as fuck. (Hello Fable).

I distinctly remember Jan saying he would never Lynch me. So idk what this EOD2 thing was about. link?

Re: the Rubicon thing: I don't remember ever saying anything to Rubicon while messing with fonti. Rubicon was just the one to call out the play as being ??? and that pretty much ruined it because no way scum fonti would ever bite on that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also the response thing you quoted was directed @Asmodeus
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also you're reminiscent of vira in the sense that your reads make sense and you're widely townreading, and the only thing holding people back from just clearing you is activity. Iirc that's why she was lynched in either in WH8.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh my fucking god phone keeps autocorrect in change every "townreading" to "townread"

12. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Spicy thoughts: if there's a deep wolf, it's Asmo.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Add post number, imo. People can go look it up themselves if it doesn't work for them.

13. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Mountainous Mafia #2 Votal 3.5

GH [3] - Fable, Miner, Delphine.
    Rubicon [1] - Beru.
    Miner [1] - GH.

Not Voting [2] - Asmo, Rubicon.

With seven players alive, it takes four votes to soft-lynch and five votes to hard-lynch!

Day Three ends on September 22 at 3pm PST.

Five and a half hours left!

14. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    This is a good votal.

15. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

Are you kidding me?

The fact that you had this exact reaction to that part of my post is tilting me so hard. Why do I have to automatically scumread any case presented against me?

Other responses are coming but good lord.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

Hey @Beruru
    Afaik you still want to Lynch me. Wanna talk about why you still think that way?

17. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I'm at the point where the game doesn't make sense if you're not.

That being said, I still want to call Rubi's bluff, even though it might be the wrong day for it...

Also, I don't have time today tbqh but if someone could look into Rubi/Fable with the time remaining it would be great, thanks.

Like seriously for serious, Fable didn't come back after whinyboy apocalypse so the townclear is gone. The window to be a good boy has passed. If you overNight it, that's probably fine too.
    --- Post automerged ---
    By the way, I don't think GH is doing a good job of mentally emulating Eido's play.

... This is why he has votes, though, right? Right.
    --- Post automerged ---
    My GAF level is slightly above "Newcomb in WH9" right now, in case you were wondering.
    --- Post automerged ---
    ... that being said, if we don't lynch a witch today, I fully expect people to exit the extended Night with hella wallposts. Pick whatever you want to focus on - I'll probably go through all the EOD vote progressions and make a spoiler with every single top wagon of the game with timestamps, at least.

GH.

There's probably one witch between you and Fable.

Figure it out.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hello? Am I alone? 2h30 to EoD? Did everyone get abducted by aliens?
    --- Post automerged ---
    The top post on this page (100ppp) is from the first hour of Day.

What the fuck.

18. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

I love you for playing this game the way you have despite your limitations. I was waiting to see who would bring it up first before dismissing it, but the extra benefit was 100% clearing Jan. I will admit to tinfoiling Jan harder than I should've, but I felt it wasn't productive to mention that or go in depth into tinfoil in thread lest he be left alive to feed my paranoia.

The biggest issue I had with Jan was how he completely cleared Fluff for posting little more than inane, mindnumbing fluff. I thought that, if he had actually managed to pull off his "slip" as scum, completely clearing his partner and "vetoing" any lynch on him would definitely win them the game.

Lynching Fluff would remove that doubt, but I also didn't want to SAY that lynching Fluff would clear Jan, or he'd immediately be nightkilled.

As it turned out, I got them both killed by leading that CFD, so so much for that.

19. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Everyone and their mom taking credit for the Fluff CFD? Lul.

20. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

@Beruru why Miner over GH/Fable?