1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

2. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I'm not seeing this in his game, at all. I'm not seeing the trying to get into people's heads, sink beneath the surface level and really do his best to figure it out. He's saying "this is how you can tell I'm town and I'm doing this" but he really isn't? The majority of his posts have been relatively shallow surface reads/commentary. Doesn't line up.

This made me chuckle, but I don't think it's particularly AI.

This is a hedgy contradictory mess, but my feelings on .113 aren't too dissimilar so iunno.

This one's interesting, within the perspective of those flips and then the pivot off Fable today. Disclaimer: he works around to a town read, but is going in with assumption that SR is likely wolf.

Here I just disagree with reasoning-- I think fonti's squarely the type of player that postures as town, from what I've read recently postures more as town, at that, and I do think it fits in with the rest of her work, holistically speaking.

Would expect town!Newcomb to look more at votes/wagon stuff/EoD given his phrasing and read here? This also was afaict the second? time he mentions Koalas during the day, admittedly through not many posts and after saying he thinks Koalas' alignment will be clear by EoD, would still think he'd... talk about this read more, whether going up to EoD or revisiting stuff today.

Read on Yeti doesn't really mesh with read on fonti, again making promises he hasn't followed through on, again saying he can judge people well on their cases, particularly on him, and has a drive to figure people out and worm into their minds, this is demonstrating not that, but... a reflection of it? Saying it because it's normally true, but having no desire to actually do it? This part can change, but it's consistently been the case the entire game.

The bit on tom is the kind of village read that's really nice to make as a wolf, because it's... not definite at all, is dependent on meta, and can be pivoted quite easily.

I don't think you can get this much of a townread out of that particular post, especially given how you described it? I think that was one of her weaker posts, and am kinda nonplussed by this entire read.

@Newcomb, if you only do one of the things you've said you'd do, I'd like to see this one

Aaaand this is by far my biggest problem with this; as Zack himself pointed out these posts were in different phases, completely separated, and are being taken completely out of context. This just comes across like Newcomb skimmed his ISO and crammed in two posts because another caught his eye without actually checking to see when it was made or the context around it. He didn't address Zack, either, and the whole thing was... kind of ignored.

And this team is unrealistic and absurd.

@Stanari
    --- Post automerged ---
    I had to mention you; you probably wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

3. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

So this is what I spent the night phase braintonguing.

Stanari pretty much nailed what I'd been thinking during eod here, was curious if Yeti had noted any of it too, but apparently not, or at least not in the same way?

SR reacts to 113's "die" post starting here:

Then actually asks him about, then pursues it in more posts:

It starts looking like the heart of the issue here is not having his questions answered (a pet peeve myself).

Yeti posts this, prompting me to go back and look thru the argument more closely (why I thought she mighta had some thoughts on the rest, since she'd been apparently following along with this convo).

SR (and Zack and Dya also crosspost the first question) follows up with:

SR clarifies not being answered is the main issue here.

The point that it started to gel for me...

Didn't get to see this til after eod, tho I doubt I could’ve articulate it anyway, but the crux of it was: SR got pissy his repeated questions weren't being answered. 113 leaves the thread. SR continues to pursue questions about it when I offered new input, questions that feel like he’s seeking alignment, and all in the middle of being run up for a lynch. What scum spends their last few minutes before potentially being lynched still apparently trying to solve?

I did catch this when I skipped to the end as the time got short, and with the rest, it pretty much sealed my cold feet there.

So my question now is, did anyone else catch this? Stan clearly did, so I know it wasn't completely because I got prompted and looked back that I was following this line of conversation. @Yeti, since you did the prompting about the fight part?

If anyone did, how’d it make you feel at the time?

Even if you didn’t, does it make you reevaluate that fight between SR/113 any now? How about on people’s comments on it all, at the time?

And @.113, was there a reason you wouldn’t answer the question?

Relatedy--

(breaking this up into another post)

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Merge break?

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Like, in every other game I've played with Fable as town, he went to bat for his townreads a
    Stop being dumb.

6. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    (1) I have a hard time putting myself in a place where I can see most wolves saying that as a wolf unless they think their play shows evidence of that, but okay.

(2) I think it's one of the most AI parts in this post, so, uh?

(3) That said, I am interested in a response to this.

7. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

Zack made this comment during the fight, then Fable agreed with it. Can’t ask Zack about it now (tho @Regfan is still more than welcome to comment). @Fable, does this still hold true for you?

@dyachei Why did you, could you briefly articulate? How about the fight with 113?

I can’t say I had a completely dissimilar take before looking back, like more along the lines that it felt like SR had been picking fights. @Fable, lemme ask you: do you have meta there, and if so, do you typically find SR hard to read? What about vitriol or acerbicness in general? Did you get anything out of Koalas’s lynch?

Yeah, that jibes with my thoughts at the time (haven’t had a chance to look back at wildcards yet, tho I definitely remember him saying stuff about being nk’d, and I think people itt being wth about it--either that or -I- thought it).

@Vira, your thoughts on defending--is it AI for you, or does it depend on circumstances? If so, what are they here? And re: “but he has been talking to people and questioning his reads”, can you elaborate on what you meant by that?

This I think seems to jibe with some of Stan’s thoughts? (@Stanari)
    What made you sr Koalas over SR?

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

haaaaate work

Vote fontisian

9. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I had to mention you; you probably wouldn't have seen it otherwise.
    1) Maybe he does think his play shows evidence of that. Do you see it? I don't see it.

2) Talk about it, please?

3) Indeedio.

10. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Ehh, I wasn't voting SR out of desire to not lynch a PR claimant, if that's what you're asking.

11. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    He's been telling me Vira is town since d1. So I think he has given his opinion and no one is listening.

As to why SR was towny, I thought his anger was coming from a towny place. I don't think he would have reacted that way to me as scum.

12. .113

.113 Squib

Yes. I didnt have much time and he annoyed me.

13. Jarizok

I thought I was maybe scum for correctly townreading Koalas SR tom initially?

14. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    1) I saw it a bit in that post maybe? But that's fair. I...historically have trouble reading people based on the analytic content of their post, though, so that's not a huge factor in my read.

2) Other people who know Newcomb better have articulated it but it just doesn't feel like something he says as scum.

15. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

Nvm Yeti, immediately found your thots on catchup. Kinda like the similar-mindsets read there.

And I found at least some of Dya's given reasons already, slogging thru eod (SR reaction to her push), I didn't catch Fonti's (@Fontisan if you wanna chime in?)

16. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Pretty sure you never answered this, but I still want to know why you read the genuineness of Cuth's post as AI?

17. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I guess what I'm saying is that I get @Fable 's frustration in not being heard here. And that also feels towny.

18. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

Meant more that the claim helped in making you think he could be town (plus the wine ofc).

19. Jarizok

Oh Tsaiah, you can be town too :)

20. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Jari, remind me of your reads list without any explanations?