1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Mar 4, 2018.

1. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

I’d ask how many times you’ve done it, because the more you do something just as a villager, the more likely you’ll bust it out for a scum game. Or at least that’s how I’d play something like that.
    ~~~
    DC, is scum your preferred alignment?
    His entire spiel was all done with a wink and a nudge. Like, to compare his Lump campaign with toms, Waco doesn’t actually put any real effort into it, whereas Tom makes both real and ridiculous reasons he should get lumped; Waco started off really heavy handed and has since petered off, only to bring it up in response to things. But it’s just so fake. And his reply to me in post 600 is kind of hollow; it checks all the boxes but...there’s no heart to it.
    Actually Vote Waco Kid
    Wrt Tom, I don’t think it’s necessarily true that he has to be town because of the lump support for him, and while I really like what he’s doing, if we lump someone else he will always be on the back of my mind. Tom and I have a weird history of wrecking each other as scum and it’s made it so I level myself when trying to read him, and not having to read him would be a boon that I think everyone could appreciate.

Wrt Newcomb, sure, what do you think it means for his alignment? Or would he do that regardless?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Such as?

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Am I mistaken in thinking that you Vaimes decently well? Because I think he should be higher on your list and you’d know that. I would have expected Jan and Von swapped on your list. Townreading someone out of nonexistent fear is strange anyway, but I assume there’s more to it that’s not mentioned.

I like DC’s thread presence too. But I’m still not to town on him yet and I would have expected to be by now. Funnily enough, Fonti commented that I was pussyfooting around Miner’s alignment in WH whatever it was (the last one) and it’s for the same reason that I’m now doing that to DC; because I’d feel extra bad about misreading him after playing x games in a row with him. (And reading him correctly. Altho I was scum in Psychichunt so didn’t really read him as much...)

I don’t like either of your lynch targets. Am I not phrasing my posts tentatively enough that I’m being read as TMI town reading people? I would say you’ll see the light eventually cos I’ll be super town, but if I get lump that’d do it as well.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I’m gonna say tom is town because if he’s consensus town he wont need Lump and I’ll get it instead.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Would you believe me if I told you I foresaw this question being asked? Readslist inc.

3. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I'm laughing so hard at this post. You literally proved my reasoning in 600 correct and outed yourself in 1 post. If you think I'm not serious about being lump, that's literally the perfect reason to give me the lump, because of the priest check. And then the vote, which means you "think" I'm a witch, but are afraid to have priest checked.

Any chance you're ever going to get around to posting the results of your catch up, or are you just avoiding linking yourself to you teammates?

4. Jarizok

Jarizok
    Cobalt
    Vaimes
    tom

mal
    Fonti
    —-
    Jan
    Shadow

Gemma
    Delphine

dC
    —-
    Newcomb

I’ve got jumps within colors because I copied Vaimes colors and can’t be bothered to make more.

I was correctly scumreading Miner when I was refraining from committing to that read and then talked myself out of it for a couple of days. Maybe DC is just not town this game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Did I TMI you’re town by assuming you’re wrong on me instead of knowingly pushing a mislynch as scum?

Scuse me if so.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

For anyone who’s townreading Fonti - why
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wrt Tom that may be true for you but I’ve been hard townreading him so I’d rather lump elsewhere, particularly Jarizok since nobody seems to find him even somewhat towny except me a little bit, so I’d rather have that either conf town or scum either way.

WRT Newcomb, I think the action in itself is NAI but against my particular case in this particular game it was a lazy response because he lacked the effort and resources to defend himself properly at that moment in time because he knew my case was somewhat good / accurate and THAT seems AI to me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also YES shadow @ your first response to Newcomb saying he’s never copypasta’d as town because those were my thoughts exactly.

6. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Just now reading from 440 to current, after reading 476 I think Cobalt is my spirit animal. Should be caught up with my current self in the next couple hours. Well by lunch at least.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

My list has changed a tad since recent interactions so I'm gonna make it ~rainbow~

Cobalt
    Shadowlancer
    Delphine
    Vaimes

Tom
    dC
    Mal

Gemma
    Jarizok
    Jan

Waco
    Fonti
    Newcomb

--- Post automerged ---
    ew, what is with the mishmosh of font style

8. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

I don’t think you’re serious about wanting the lump and that’s the perfect reason to lynch you. I do not at all trust you, and I have no interest in giving the lump to someone I think is scum enough that I want to lynch them today.

Frankly, even if we don’t lynch you, there are better long term lump targets anyway, but go ahead and shade me more.

As far as a catch-up, I’m not going to post some giant wall post with quotes from every page. I’ve given the hi-lights as I go, and (more importantly) I think I’ve done a reasonable job and inserting myself into the current game.

9. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Hey Jarizok, where do you have me?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Leaning that way with Cobalt as well, tone read basically.

That said if we're thinking Cobalt is town, we probably need to flip the wall to find scum...

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Well that's just rude.

11. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

(whistles) Literally proving my mislynch point there... And actually if you knew me, you'd know there aren't many better longer term lump targets, but hey go ahead and shade me more.

What highlights exactly? Quoted below is every post you've made that includes any content at all. You've completed avoid commenting on dC, Jarizok, Mallorean thug and Fontisian, all of which have been right in the center of discussion or have been pressured as scum.

--- Post automerged ---
    Oh and you haven't commented on Jan either...
    --- Post automerged ---
    A little bit, I'm sorry. Haven't quite forgotten TH5 yet though
    --- Post automerged ---
    Pictured: Shadow's play in the last 12 hours

[​IMG]

12. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Iunderstoodthatreference.gif
    ~~~
    @Waco: You’re right, I don’t know you, but I do know Tom, and I’d be hard pressed to believe any individual player is a better overall choice for Lump. But go ahead, why are you a great long term lump target?

Yes, you’ve quoted all of my posts; with all of my major thoughts so far this game. I fail to see why you take issue with my not actively engaging/commenting on every single player yet. I have no interest in spreading myself thin, and attacking for that makes me even more sure that you’re scum.

13. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I've already made my case why I'd be good with the lump D2 and beyond, obviously you skimmed over that...

Yeah, why would I expect you to have any opinion about the the people in the center of the major events of the thread... Boy I don't know.

Ah there's the OMGUS too, very nice

14. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Why are you a great long term Lump target?” Is what I asked, not why you want to be lumped.

I have been involved with several people who are a part of major events, terribly sorry that it’s not the events that you think I’m somehow supposed to react to. (Not sorry)

If you recall, you OMGUS’d me, but nice try.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like, day 2 I don’t care about, what makes you a great day 4-5 lump, do you often win in Endgame?

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Humm.

I think Waco genuinely expected everyone reading all the shadow posts to see what he sees, hence the lack of explanation before or after. Like, I think scum Waco tries to emphasize the point more instead of going "Oh, and you haven't addressed Jan either, bitch." Would appreciate thoughts on that.

Vote: Shadow

Not because of the Waco read. I'm actually considering lumping Shadow? Hum.

Shadow, it feels like you're stuck on two points: 1.Tom should be lumped so he (probably) can be confirmed town and 2.Waco is scum because his lump push feels fake. They're both thoughts you developed pretty immediately, and there's not much nuance or evolution to either of them. Maybe talk about the people Waco noted as missing from your iso, or talk about other reasons you're scumreasing Waco, if there are any?

Kind of digging Jari's salt, tbh.

Cobalt, please don't butt in on me and Gemma.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I feel like people are either forgetting or intentional ignoring that a confirmed town Tom is a soon to be dead Tom. He wont be around on Day 4 or 5.

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Why shouldn’t I?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yknow what you’re right I’ll just let you pockey
    --- Post automerged ---
    Pocket*

17. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

I mean yes those have been my talking points, a good part of that because they’re somewhat connected.

Regarding Waco, the lump thing is definitely the biggest thing, but his overall demeanor this game feels like it’s all done without a serious tone. Like when he had his back and forth with Vaimes, he’d asserted that he’d “done stuff” and when Vaimes asked what he basically said “It’s your job to figure out, not mine, what stuff have you done” in a very *neener neener* way.

As far as other players, off the top of my head:
    DC: [redacted] until I get an answer to my question to them
    Jari: I think the idea that he’s always scummy has been proliferated more than his actual scumminess, at least as far as this game goes.
    Thug: I can’t actually remember anything he’s actually done, I remember the conversation that thug is a better nickname than Mal.
    You: disagree with you that Waco getting the lump was/is likely, but I appreciated your mechanical talk regarding not trying to spilt the lump and the first Priest shot.
    Jan: his push on Gemma was not even that bad like people are saying.
    Actually to add to that: Gemma: really hate the overly emotional type play, and it’s gross regardless of her alignment. Kinda makes me not want to try and read her atm.

18. Jarizok

Oh yeahhhh. Neutral on you I guess. I think I typed a post about reading you town somewhere actually. You can be my bottom green read.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

? Is this a tom quality or a general confirmed town quality?

---

Hi shadow. Can you find three good Waco posts that have nothing to do with wanting to be Lumped? I tried, failed, and Waco made fun of me for it.

20. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

@Fonti: in regards to Tom, do you think anyone as confirmed town has a better shot a living longer? Like, do you think we just literally should go for the second scummiest person and just hope we either lynch or lump scum to get one early? Cause I’ll conceed that that’s not Tom, I just don’t think that’s the optimal play? I dunno, I’ve never actually played a witch hunt before and I’m just going off of feels.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That was my whole point; he asked you to do something, you said you couldn’t and he said “it’s not my job to find them for you”, and then turned around and asked the same of you. It’s just a total BS train of thought.