1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Please don't. Make ya own reads plz.

The true test of M Plus 7 is his content, btw.

If he's just gently guiding the thread along and isn't really forming robust opinions of his own, he's a wolf.

If he's actually seriously evaluating everyone and trying to make sure he's really read literally everything and wrung the towel out, he's town.

Most games he doesn't actually wring the towel out until it's dry, but that's mostly a time constraint for him, I think. He'd probably be extremely reading everything with a magnifying glass until his eyes fall out of their sockets every game if he actually had the time for it, lol.

Both ways he isn't really trying to convince people of anything, though. It's the Eido/Reg type of "expecting people to follow you because you expect people to know you're (allegedly) very very good at finding wolves" type of "convincing" people to do things.

2. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    Which hydra game?

Uhh? Don't have a strong scum read on me? Then what's this:

?

According to this I'm your strongest scum read, and you made this post on this very page.

No matter if you believe or don't believe me when I say I am bad at D1, you have experience from playing with me.

Here's the thing: I usually suck on D1, especially as a villager. It's not easy for me to read posts in RVS to come from either alignment before I see the progression behind reads and votes over a longer period of time. Thus I intentionally play more scummy on D1 in order to get people to read me as I have a pretty good eye on how people read me and can tell if they are being genuine or not. I don't start playing the game for real before D1 lynch has happened. My problems with D1 amplify when I'm playing in a new place and with new people.

I also know that you know I can be a good town player which gives you an incentive to get rid of me early on as a wolf.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fair.

I'll give it a shot at some point.

Part of the reason I want to sheep you on him is that I don't care to read hundreds of posts in ISO when I don't have that much time to play in the first place.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yikes.

This is bad.

3. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Poking people, feeling Things even if the things are kind of sideways and described in a strange way.

Usually Stanari is *pecks at the wood with soft sharp pecks until it becomes roughly the shape of a thing* but this game Stanari is *hops over to wood with trepidation, jabs at wood with foot and flaps backwards then anxiously preens self under wing*.

And yeah, I actually read things overnight because I kind of expected to be alive maybe a little bit....... just a tiny bit. :I
    --- Post automerged ---
    Smilefires only having 4 posts is quite a few less posts than I thought he had.

Nothing happens, indeed.

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Nego - Hydra game 6 at MU. Also the whole I play to get scum read is just, flawed in so many different ways that I can't even begin to go into on a phone. And uh, the reads I have on the four players listed are the ones where I don't feel like I'm missing information in terms of their current posting ie. People I've focused on reading the most, not necessarily that they're all super strong reads, if you're looking for lock reads, take it to the bank level it's just Newcomb Town so far.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Alright, decent chance that's me for 15 hours or so.

5. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I don't know why you think this is a problem? All lists are secretly ordered, anyway. People have a thought process about where they put their nulls even if it isn't a particularly deep one.

What would you have done? Why do you care?

6. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    The only thing that bugs me about Newcomb is that I know he knows I'm better as scum on D1 as what he makes me out to be here.

Like I got voted to the finale of champs after playing a flawless game as a wolf.

But.

I do not think that Newcomb is a wolf.

It's just bugging me and I want to get this thought out in case I'm lynched today.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I have a terrible memory and only remember a couple of the latest games I've played/hosted.

What do you mean with "Also the whole I play to get scum read is just, flawed in so many different ways that I can't even begin to go into on a phone"? Would like you to explain this in more detail once you have the time later this phase.

Please don't back out of the reads list you posted. You placed me as your strongest scum suspect, you voted me, you said you had the "most complete" idea about the group I was in, and you had done nothing to engage me at that point.

I. do not. believe. you.

If you actually do want to figure me out, show me. Engage me. Try to work with me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Even though this reasoning is bad especially since fontisian hasn't even tried to talk to me or actually figure me out, I'm going to say her abstaining for voting at the time gives her brownie points.

I'm not willing to call her town for it but it looks marginally better.
    --- Post automerged ---
    from* voting

7. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Oh boy, I definitely messed this up. IDK why I thought half was hard lynch instead of soft lynch.

Listen to the actual mods and not me. :lmfao:

8. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    This vote kinda bugs me because fontisian was ready to vote for me at the time, and explained her not voting by being too tired. Yet she was able to make a vote on fenwicked.

Want to explain?

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Beruru
    Citrus
    Eidolonic

fenwicked
    fontisian
    Gemma
    Jan

KaiDASH
    M Plus 7
    Miner
    Nego
    Newcomb
    Nothing Happens
    Regfan
    Stanari

tsaiah
    Vaimes

fenwicked
    KaiDASH
    M Plus 7
    Miner
    Nego
    Nothing Happens
    tsaiah
    Vaimes

I don't think the Vaimes townreads are actually good. MP needs to push things, am increasingly worried at his lack of scumreads. I hope Beru does things soon.

Beruru
    Vaimes
    M Plus 7

Nego

Miner
    KaiDASH

Nothing Happens
    tsaiah
    fenwicked

fenwicked could be a playstyle thing. I'd be surprised if there were less than 2 scum in that grouping.
    --- Post automerged ---
    fontisian is probably town. I thought the way that her behavior was mirroring Eido's early (Eido does nothing, fonti does nothing) probably wouldn't happen in the way that it did in a scum fonti, town Eido world, and I think if they were mafia together their play would look very different, so I'm left with worlds where fonti is town and that makes the most sense to me right now. I also think that the way that fonti made a big post after Eido asked fonti to towntell, then immediately asked Eido to townread her probably wouldn't happen in that way if she were mafia. I kinda think her thread presence and everything would look really different if she were afraid of Eido catching her and I think the way she's been reading me and interacting with my posting has also felt genuine.

10. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    @Gemma

I don't understand that list of yours.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Funny because I was actually going to take that brownie point away from Fontisian and vote her.

11. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

It's my PoE.

12. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    I'm iffy about the word choices here. Both I bolded seem as a wolf trying to not anger a villager.

I think Eido is a villager due to his posting.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fair enough.

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Nah.

Vote: Nego

14. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    @Vaimes - Hi.

Are you ever actually gonna explain your Citrus scumread?
    --- Post automerged ---
    [​IMG]

15. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    Where exactly is this coming from?
    --- Post automerged ---
    [​IMG]

16. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Nego.

Why were you going to vote Fonti?

Also less posting about Reg and more posting about people who are not Reg. Like Jan. Or Tsaiah.

You read Vaimes' ISO and then never said anything about him since then? Also that.

17. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    Where I am right now:

[Beru, Eido, Gemma]
    [M+7, Jan, Newcomb]
    [Citrus, tsaiah]
    [NULL SLOT FOR THE REST]
    [fontisian]
    [Regfan]

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't get how you think that the Regfan/Eido exchange is Regfan hoping not to anger a villager when their exchange was nowhere near that territory, and "Eido is town for his posting" doesn't feel like a real thing.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Why Beru so high?

19. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    I was going to vote for Fonti because of her progression from "I would vote for Nego right now but I'm tired and want to think it through" to voting fenwicked within a short amount of time.

It reads unnatural to me.

I like most of Jan's posts but that one I quoted earlier is pretty yikes and I don't know how to feel about it.

Tsaiah is someone I need to re-read but my initial read on her was a goodie one.

When it comes to Vaimes' ISO I said I was going to read it but ultimately didn't because it was already past midnight for me and I was unable to think straight. Then I just forgot. I'll try to read it in a moment but I need to do something else now.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Re Regfan: I might be biased due to my read on her vote and unwillingness to even figure me out but the words he used there were wolfy ime.

I don't think you have read Eido's posts if you think it's unnatural for someone to call him town for them.

I like their posting from what I've seen so far.
    --- Post automerged ---
    His*

Sorry Regfan I might be just projecting my fantasies here.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Okay, but that doesn't help me understand you, or why he's in your top tier. (Also, if you read my earlier list, I have him crossed off which means I don't want to lynch him today.)
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Nego how are you feeling right now?