1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I like you!

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I really liked his series of posts from when he engaged fontisian through a bit after. They oozed the feeling that town!fluffiness oozes? Like it felt like he was trying to cut through chaff and honed onto a few things that pinged him which were things that ping, it strongly vibes with what I've seen him do as town (only odd thing would be how large a burst of it he had so early in a game).

Also due to his playstyle etc he tends to be a mislynch, and I feel like he would be one here more than most of the rest of the game right now
    --- Post automerged ---
    Well that's not a way to start a morning good :(, but understandable!

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I thought I cleared this up, but.

Hey font, tom. Do I have townreads on Reg, Eido, and Newcomb?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also I came into work early for no reason so lol @ me.

Guess I can read everything more slowly than I did this morning.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Is it possible that fonti/tom actually are w/w, saw me give that early unaligned read, and decided to have an even weirder/more drawn out faked argument to reinforce that read?

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

More because it pings you as fake or because it pings you as something they'd do as w/w? I don't remember the timing of you vs them but I don't think they'd double down as w/W when already getting people to call them unaligned? It's too on the nose or something like that

6. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Hm. @Lyric , you've mentioned playing on other sites. What is your general experience level at, currently? Have you randed scum previously?

7. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Never randed scum, experience is 2 former games on DLP, played like 8ish hours of another game, and this current game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And @Newcomb, v much leaning no. It was too weird, like in an unplanned/wtf kind of way, and I think fonti's responses were genuine/probably similar to responses I would be thinking. Plus I felt similarly baffled during me and tom's interactions, so I think just not aligned.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Eidolonic Why do you ask?

8. Eidolonic

Hum. Okay. I'll expand on thoughts once I accept I'm only getting 3 hours of sleep and get out of bed, heh.

9. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I'm gonna (try to) go to bed soon just fyi

10. Eidolonic

Can you lay out the best case you have for someone not Tom/Fonti being a wolf? (You don't think they are w/w and there's at least two wolves, so, yeah)

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Lyric upon reading more of your solvy stuff i think what I was trying to say last night was actually more like "you know scum do stuff to get townread, right?"

Like more of that seems AI than before. I'm thinking about reg a bit now, and may be solidifying on voxx.

But like the fonti bit about looking at postcounts is... not scummy from her certainly but it's zero town points imo super easy to do as scum iirc she's done it before and even if it was as town it's so easy to replicate.

Its... I don't want to say level 1 but just, like, really charitable with peoples' intentions
    --- Post automerged ---
    Possible, sure. But i think we would have spread out more. Like, wait for day 2 for the next argument or it's all just one NKA flurry that gets lumped together
    --- Post automerged ---
    Would also like this answered (so I can ridicule the answers)

12. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I will...do that tomorrow when I wake up after I do the ISOs of my nuller reads (sorry).
    I haven't re-evaulated or re-read since my last bigger post, so I'm still at having 5 townreads and having 5 nuller reads. My closest thing to a genuine scumcase was tom, but our interactions (mostly) killed that. I know there are two scum, but I just..genuinely don't currently see a team or a scumread that I have a case for.

I find this kind of a strange request, though. How come? My posts are still semi-recent and my thoughts/reads are laid out. (I already mentioned that I knew my reads should have more scumreads but that I mostly have nulls, already said I'm planning on doing ISOs and reevaluating which implies probably forming a case, etc) I can't read your motivation for this.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

???

Why do you know that?

/10char

14. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    @tom Yeah of course, but I guess for me D1 with no flips and no meta and players known to be strong scum, it's just...I could see every single towny thing and add a "but this could be scum acting towny!" and it would just get me absolutely nowhere with trying to gamesolve. For now I'm focusing on organizing my own thoughts, writing stuff down so I can come back to it later when flips and stuff happen, and putting my thoughts on thread so other players can read me. And if I do point out something noteworthy (even if *I* personally can't tell that it is), it will help some player who does know meta or whatever hopefully. I'm not at all firm on my reads, so of course if something changes, I will change my reads along with the information.

Do you have suggestions on something I could be doing differently to make better reads?
    --- Post automerged ---
    That was a slip on my part because I know we aren't supposed to speculate, but I really don't believe that this could be a 7-3 setup and always had 8-2 in my mind from the beginning. That seems ridiculously scum-sided and most other 10 player games (including the one I just played) was a 8-2 setup.

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I mean I'm not actually good at being town. I have moments, sure, but my personal win percentage is ~20% lower as town vs scum. I'm very likely the worst person itg to ask.
    But just, like, accept that people have ranges I guess?

Taking you as an example. That's a lot of words many of them perfectly reasonable. How many of them do YOU think you couldn't type as scum?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm not tracking other peoples' reads carefully (yet) but I feel like citrus is the top town in thread. I know reg was sussing him but I've also seen (and largely agree with) a series of happy to be here/important to him/working his way into the game type reads that are all basically "Yeah seems town"
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yes to townreading reg and voxx. Yes to scumreading me. Yes to an "eh maybe" on fonti.
    And these are all the same read.

You are right that all you said about Newcomb was that you wanted to like him.

But these still feel like player reads not "this game" reads and I don't like it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Uh, hi is my internet broken or is it my playerlist?

16. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Just got to work, going to get some stuff sorted and then I'll start catching up on this game.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hmm OK fair enough.

I'm going to get a window in a few hours, and then I straight up won't be here for rest of day. If there's a day end delay slight chance of 5 minutes of posting tmrw morning in an Uber but otherwise will have ZERO internet access until late tmrw evening

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'm getting the sense that there's no such thing as a good eod time in this playerlist.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I only asked you about three people.

No to Eido. It's a formality read, if anything. Even when I caught him D1 as scum, I knew I'd never get him lynched.

Reg is pretty much the epitome of a This Game read, so I don't get your point.

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I guess I was assuming you actually read me and fontis talk about you last night before just complaining about it.
    Read that, get back to me.