1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt 9: TinyHunt IN SPACE

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Leaving the best for last. Smart.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Loltom.

2. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Reg I don't really follow your read on me. I actively didn't want lump until it was publicly explained. Why would I need coaching from Fonti to do that? I literally adapted my stance based on information told to everyone.

3. Jarizok

I wish I was scum with tom and we accidentally crossposted that right there. That’d be sweet.

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    It's not my middle name for no reason.

Think Scum!Fonti & Scum!Grape world has her asking you to post about it as if you knew nothing about it, and then when it was explained ask to be lumped since people that push to be lumped are /generally/ town read; think that's a possible world. Think outside of that world you're probably town though. Should explain it?

5. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

At anyone who knows Regfan should he be this confident already? I know he's really good but I don't really buy the "ez game barring scum fonti" posturing and the idea that he's PoEd much to this point. But again I don't know if that's normal.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And that makes sense. As in that was either a town reaction to new information or a coached response to fake not knowing.

I guess it's slightly emasculating that you don't think I could adapt to new information like that without coaching but I'll take the town read. Like I would like to believe that if I posted about Lump before coaching on the proper response I could salvage my position decently.

6. Jarizok

Confidence and PoE are pretty standard from what I’ve seen.

7. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Eh, none of my reads are like #lockconfident at all, we're pretty early into the day and into the game. The most confident read I've got is that Ampaharos is town here, everything else is substantially weaker. For instance think there's a world where my if Gemmas town here then Cobalt sort of fits as scum pushing along an incorrect scum read that people have, think there's worlds where my town read on you could be wrong if Fontis mafia. Think there's a lot of worlds. Have a lot of players that I have no read on (Citrus/Fonti herself/Fluff/Umani/Amberiat). Not even remotely close to solving.

I mostly just think TinyHunt is a setup where if there's a few competent town players with the mechanics and if scum aren't really that clue-y with it then there's a huge advantage to town. And also think that there's not too many players in this room that I think are /impossible/ to read, I'd like to think I can have Gemma/Vaimes at least mostly locked in by day end, I'm /generally/ decent at reading Tom too. I guess there's maybe a bit of riding of confidence from the last game, but yeah.

8. Jarizok

Also a lot of games are EZlife on this site because of lots of strong town players that don’t love rolling scum.

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    No we were supposed to crosspost about the crosspost too you gotta warn me

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

No, I meant like a week ago. It's because I was intending on making the game a non-priority in more ways than one and figured that would make either one or both of you feel weird about me / trigger some of the stuff that fonti uses to read me. The feeling excited about being in a game with you and fonti would have been true in the first half of the year but not really anymore? I feel like you should be aware of how disinterested in mafia I have been lately. Wrt fonti, I was more than a little unsure about playing with her again because last time it affected how much time we could spend with each other IRL comfortably and I hated having to keep a part of my life separate from her, and the other way around too. I get where you're coming from with that but it's not really a thing atm.

I don't think fonti knowing me IRL is why I trust her to read me, it's because I taught her how to read me after that game where she townread me and I was mafia and since then she hasn't had any issues. I told her a lot of stuff that I've never told anyone. I would almost trust her more than I trust you to read me right honestly, since I have to play in a certain way to help you get there on me usually.

My absence is I was showering, lol. I don't think it's +EV at all, I don't really understand lump stuff but as far as I understand it lump should be used as a kind of second lynch. I don't know where I fall re whether it's optimal to hit a witch or hit town but I think it should definitely be used to take away mislynches and lumping fonti because you're paranoid and don't trust people to read her right feels kind of selfish and suboptimal.

Anyway it's getting late and I should go. I don't really want to be around past 11ish.

11. Jarizok

I say this. My winrate is like 50/50 I don’t even know. I should check the chart.
    --- Post automerged ---
    My bad.

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    The problem with using lump as a second lynch is that in the worlds where the second scum read is correct, it's the player you're likely to have lynched D2 without a guilty but you instead now need to the priest to out himself to lynch that player. Pretty much you're trading the priest 1 for 1 for a player you already correctly scum read.

And I should head to bed too, but I'll go over your post more in the morning on the bus.

13. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

I totally misread that last post as saying showering was EV-. I need to sleep.

Random thought if tom is a wolf he probably has at least 1 strong buddy, but I think he's moderately greater than random to be town here.

14. Jarizok

Why would tom have a strong buddy if scum?

15. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I'll go over it properly tomorrow and try to talk about my own reads for you as well. I'm kind of having trouble finding anything alignment indicative atm so I might need a little help with that but hopefully it's just rust?

16. Jarizok

@Umami Where you at my mysteriously flavoured friend?

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    With strangers I feel like id want lump somewhere in the middle of the "thread consensus reads"
    More like a deepwitch hunt than a secondary lynch
    --- Post automerged ---
    Outed
    --- Post automerged ---
    Because I'm excellent for wolfchat motivation

18. Jarizok

You’re excellent for any kind of motivation, don’t sell yourself short. What’s that got to do with who’d be in your coven?

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I bring out the best in people. Hell ive won with vaimes.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I mean he still got lynched day 2 but we won.

20. Jarizok

So you’d have strong partners because you superpower them? That works as an argument I guess lol. Still begs the question why you’d have ‘at least 1 strong partner’.