1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Teamfight Tactics

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by A Lightning, Dec 6, 2019.

1. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

I couldn't find a Teamfight Tactics thread so I decided to make one. I have an old 'DLP' folder in my friends list and I see some of you playing, but maybe no one here is super into it.

I finished season 1 in D1, but I haven't had a chance to really jump into set 2 until now. I was pretty burned out by the end of last season, but I'm enjoying the heck out of the new set of units. Phantom and Hextech out of the game removes so many feels bad moments of RNG and the new synergies are pretty cool.

I don't quite have a good grasp on the meta yet. I've won some games with predator hyper roll, but it's not consistent enough for my tastes. Ocean+Mage and Ocean+Summoner are a lot of fun. And of course, I've won games by sticking in a level 2 Zed or Singed with the right items no matter what comp I'm playing.

How's everyone else doing in the new season? Any favorite comps to play or innovative comps to share?

2. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

For the hell of it, I decided to try and go Light/Mage Zed in a ranked match.

The first game went borked, and I ended up 6 Light/4 Shadow, as:
    upload_2019-12-8_20-4-10.png

The second game, I managed to get the right items early, and power-leveled to 7 then 8(got a FoN at the end that had me push up for 4 Ocean), for:
    upload_2019-12-8_20-5-44.png

Notable highlights include these two images:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

In retrospect, I could have pushed for 9, instead of trying to 2-star Lux(but with those items, she was consistently top damage most rounds, so...), gone back down to 2 Ocean, and ran 6 Mage for Zed.

That power-leveling almost got me, though. 2 Star LeBlanc with Zed's items(Rageblade instead of cap) helped me not lose too many, but I still got to 10 hp before win streaking to victory once I picked up my Zed.

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Damn, clicked this from "new posts" and thought it was gonna be a primer on how to write fight scenes between teams using tactics.

Y'all have fun gaming :3

4. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The first thing you need to do is say 'mid or feed', and then follow that up by calling someone's mother a whore. You should have a team fight going pretty quickly after that.

5. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

Zed boards get pretty crazy but I've been having fun with that as well. I more or less forced Ocean+Summoner into Zed in 6/6 ranked games today. Got 1st place in four of them:

upload_2019-12-8_20-38-39.png

Light zed with defensive items feels totally unbeatable. None of my fights were remotely close after I got that online.

Redemption also feels very powerful on Zed and doesn't require playing Soraka.

Making light and mage items sounds pretty tough to do consistently, but I wouldn't say it's necessary to play a Zed comp. The summoner buff on him is plenty powerful enough. Pretty cool that you pulled it off twice though! @Fenraellis

6. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Those two mass-Zed images were from the same game, actually. Tried it the next game, and while my 3-star Aatrox put in good work, I never got a second Zed(had a Neeko's to 2-star him) after my first. Should have just put my Light on the Yi I picked up... Also 1-star, but well, it's Yi, and I had a Kindred kicking around.

Redemption doesn't feel like it would be particularly necessary with the Light buff already going off from dying Shadows (and Yorick Ghouls), but I was also running this with 6 Light, so I had enough other allied Light allies dying in the first place to get the Zed production line surviving into operation.

Also, if nothing else, I feel like the Shojin's was key, at least with the Light attack speed bonus scaling into it. I intentionally avoided running a third summoner, so the Ghouls and Shadows would die more easily to feed into the machine.

I'm not sure what I would go for as a third item, if I tried to run this as Light, but without Mage (9 Light, as an example).
    Rapidfire is a good pick, so the clogged battlefield doesn't prevent attacking(and honestly might simply be better than Mage for shadow generation after the first or second anyway).
    A second Shojin is never a bad thing, with the raw attack speed the comp would provide. Possibly the best pick here for raw shadow generation, although Rapidfire might be better for that.
    A shiv would even be amusing with mass shadow-shivs, although likely less useful towards the actual purpose of having mass shadows.
    Redemption is amusing, although again, likely not necessary with the mass deaths feeding into mass healing(again, only 2 Summoner). Could still be nice if the other item components don't appear, and the mana and health help towards the first cast.
    Other stuff like Swordbreaker and Red Buff are not bad, but don't really feed into the engine.

I'll give it a go right now. Hopefully I get the starter carousel spatula, if there is one...

[Edit]
    ...Maybe a Phantom Dancer. Went on a 12 game win streak from 3 HP when the team got online (2-star Zed, with a Spatula from stage 4 carousel finally getting me the Light item, then later 2-star Light Lux, too, for 9 Light). Alas, a perfect item Kha (BT, IE, Seraph's) ended up being my defeat, although it was close. Snuck into third place.

Really, though, I was lazy, and partially because I wasn't getting the items for Zed anyway, I wasn't putting them on a temporary champion to help hold my ground. Which would have prevented some health loss, at least. Really need that early Spatula -> Light. I got Zed first.

That's what you get for forcing a comp, though. At least it was fun doing the underdog 10+ win-streak from last place once the stars align. Then again, I've often tended towards that, due to econ focus, unless I happen to get the right setup for a strong start.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  7. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    What even wins these days aside from Zed

8. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

Yeah, redemption would be as an easier-to-make alternative to light buff.

Blademaster Nocturne (The so-called "blender" comp) and a successful predator hyper roll can win games, though I'm not sure if they beat a Zed with optimal items and support.

9. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Woodland/Druid/Assassin hyper rolling is a top tier comp. Re

Maokai/Ivern/LeBlanc, Renekton, Diana and a 3rd Assassin, ideally Kha'zix for Desert bonus.

Iceborn Gauntlet/Phantom Dancer/Dragon's Claw on Renekton and roll all but the 3rd assassin to 3 stars.

10. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I've been dicking around with some Blademaster builds focused on either on-hit Yasuo or on-hit Sivir, with varying degrees of success.

11. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I've heard something about Sivirs demolishing those Zed comps(due to ricochet mass healing).

As I meant to post originally, but ended up with the Zed post, I'm partial to Shadow. Kindred and Yi in particular have been the stars of more of my teams than most. Although Olaf isn't far off. A good 6 Berserker, 2 - 6 Glacial Olaf that gets his ult off can be nearly unbeatable. Blood Thirster, Rage Blade, then likely something like Hush, Swordbreaker or Red Buff. I have been messing around with other comps, though, and not gone Berserker's in a while.

I've never really managed to get Crystal to work out for me, though I've really wanted to, and often try on Mountain games. None of the times I manage to rank up Skarner and Ashe(can't ever seem to get her when I actually want her), have I seen a Taric or, even more valuable for the comp, a Crystal Lux.

12. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

Someone in my ranked game just now got singed 3. How the heck?

13. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I was looking at reddit for a reason I don't recall now, and saw someone manage at 3-star Lux, and someone else an Amumu:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/516877790
    (very short video just showing the one fight)

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

[​IMG]

@A Lightning Never did get that Lux I wanted, but I can't really complain.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  15. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

Holy shit, that's ridiculous.

16. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Strangely enough, Yorick is the only Tier 4 champion I have had 3-starred in the field before(once). I did get a 3-starred Ashe on the bench(relatively speaking,), which would have won me the match if she had combined a moment sooner, but she never hit the field, so I say it doesn't count.

17. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

I don't think I've ever 3-starred a 4 (or higher) cost champion. But recently I've been seeing it somewhat frequently, probably as a result of the higher economies.

18. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

The other time I referenced with Yorick, my opponent had a 3-star Olaf at the last couple of matches. Wasn't enough, though, barely.

19. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Wow. I just smashed two Zed comps with a Light - Vayne comp. Turns out if you give her a couple of attack speed items and manage to protect her she's pretty good at winning games.

20. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

But were they Light-Zed comps? :p

Anyway, off to try a nice game of Light/Shadow with Senna boosting up Yi and Kindred.

[EDIT: Damn, went from nobody going Light, to 4-5 people going Light. Hopefully, they are just trying the new champions, rather than it being the new meta. Can't get my champions reliably when everybody else is trying for them.]

[Edit-the-Second: It took four rounds, going 5th/5th/8th/1st, before I managed to pull it off:
    [​IMG]

Helps that the game was throwing Light at me early, for multiple 2-star Nasuses, a Vayne and a Jax (oddly, not more of the latter two after the beginning), and only one other player went Light, then promptly dropped it after a 6-Light versus 6-Light fight against me. I didn't get Senna until just before level 9, oddly enough, though, which was quite annoying. That, and I never got a Spatula, so I had to push for level 9.]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019