1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JoaT^2 15er - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Ima ISO him to determine if he needs casing.

At some point.

2. Jarizok

Oh hey hi Cobalt. How should I know you’re town?

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

You’re probably scum so I don’t feel the need to entertain this question. Read me yourself without my help.

4. Jarizok

I'm not scum though, so it'd be super helpful if you'd just help me get to town on you if you're not either.

5. Jarizok

Like, don't make me waste my time potentially deciding to case you and all that jazz if it's only ever going to end up as -ev.

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

This is like, trapped wolf who sees no way out but to scumread the person pushing on him / knows people's alignments involved in Regfan's push on fonti. Guess I have an actual scumread now.

7. Jarizok

@Gemma What would you like me to focus on rn? Cobalt/Cuth/Amy ISO's, general readslist, any particular question?

8. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I still think you're a villager. This is 2 am me on very little sleep getting really frustrated by basically nobody acknowledging my existence when I came in thread after work and the way you've interacted with me all day and trying to make sense of the thread and exploring a probably fruitless tinfoily line as a result. With regards to your response, I can understand that you're not in a "have fun conversations with everyone!" mood anymore, but I don't get why that translates over to not actually talking to me at any point this game-- I think you have a pretty good idea of how I think about mafia, but instead of actually engaging on anything and trying to get into my head you just wolfread me and say to post townier things so you can read me v. I stayed up later than I would have otherwise specifically to get the opportunity to talk to you as per last night's interaction, and then you just. Didn't acknowledge my presence at all. A good part of me doesn't understand why you'd play this way as a villager, especially given past interactions. With regards to 2), I wasn't trying to characterize that as your entire read on me, but it was the first reason accompanying the vote, and is directly relevant to a game we just played. It's still lazy and bad regardless of your alignment. 3) I'm aware that you've been suspicious of Fonti for most of your time in the game, largely because of kill/poe thoughts, on a similar level to (and to some extent associated with) me at points. I think your push is at best an awful way to engage with someone you're trying to read-- I don't remember reading anything justifying that sort of forced perspective, such as her not trying to work with you, and you criticizing her for not talking about her read on me is particularly... pointlessly unhelpful.

I don't... actually think you'd probably play like this as a wolf, but I'm at a loss for how you think this sort of play is going to help town.

9. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Jari, because the slot's done nothing villagery.

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Cuth and Reg are v/v tralala

11. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Nothing productive is going to come out of this right now, I'll be back tomorrow.

12. Jarizok

Quick thought; Cuth going after Reg here seems like a terrible strat for w!cuth.

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Just rest Cuth I feel your pain. Sleep on it.

14. Jarizok

k. nvm me?

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

This series of posts is really gross? Lmao.

Since when is the burden on the person that you’re reading to help you get to a town read on them so that you don’t waste your time casing them?

If you want to case me, case me. It would be a waste of your time but I’m not in charge of +/- EV for the village. Putting that on me is super bizarre and gross and I don’t like it.

16. Jarizok

Lol, this reaction is ridiculous.

17. Jarizok

Case it is.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Go for it.

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

“You better give me a reason to read you as town otherwise I’m gonna waste my time casing you and it’s gonna be -EV.”

Who the fuck has ever done this as a villager? It’s all sorts of hostage-y and strange.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Like, no dude. Do your thing then. You casing me doesn’t scare me considering half the thread is with me on thinking you’re a wolf and it’s not MY responsibility to formulate YOUR reads.

Ugh. I’m tilted.