1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Thread

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Apr 17, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

My biggest gripe with twin BWL stories (besides the gauranteed angst) is having Lily neglect her child as well (I thought the bitch was supposed to be super nice or something). So, to make it believable, give her a reason to shun her kid.

The basic premise is, that Harry's first sign of accidental magic was a rather deliberate strangulation hex on one of the Dursleys. Maybe there was a brief reconciliation between the sisters, resulting in a baby play-date of sorts. Harry's playing with one of Dudley's toys; Dudley sees this and starts bawing; Vernon assumes the worst and starts to man-handle Harry; Harry stares, choking starts, all witnesses are freaked.

Throw in a line about how every witch/wizard remembers their first bit of accidental magic (despite age), or place the story as one that only the favored Potter was told, and you have a fairly interesting backstory to build up with.

2. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Here's a crazy idea I've had that would be lulzy at the least in the hands of a capable author:

We've all seen the crack-ish, smutty Harry-enslaves-girls-to-his-will-for-whatever-reason fics. I'm thinking of The News here, first and foremost.

What if that idea was turned on it's head?

Harry is super by sixth year for whatever reason, but Hermione/Ginny/someone is concerned that Harry is buckling under stress and may not be acting in his own best interests (or more importantly her best interests).

Enter her plot to set super!Harry on the right path, whether it's due to benevolent motivations or simple lust or greed. Said girl researches an obscure ritual to bind a person to her will through a sexual ritual, but due to Harry's super powered status, she isn't powerful enough to bind him on her own.

Thus recruitment begins. Various girls are brought on board to enslave Harry for whatever reason - the reason can and should vary between the girls, whether they want him for his hot bod, money, status, power, or are "acting in his best interests."

The ritual, being sexual in nature, links them all in a sort of orgy of emotion henceforth.

The end result is that super!Harry is enslaved to a group of horny girls who can force him to bend to their every whim.

Being super, Harry may or may not be able to fight their control for brief periods of time, but he is ultimately bound to their collective wills.

The only restriction is that due to his clearly Dumbledore/Voldemort and then some powers, none of the girls have any desire to attempt to kill Harry or sell him out. Their future depends on his success, which is were the controlling aspects come in.

Hilarity ensues.

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Problem is that Harry won't be bound because a group of horny teenage girls are never going to reach a consensus :p

4. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Until they decide that Harry isn't worth it, and have an orgy without him.

5. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

That makes no damn sense. Multiple masters? Would that even be possible? I'd think it'd be a winner (singular)-take-all deal, with no one being able to enslave him once already enslaved.

Unless being enslaved is like splitting your soul...

6. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

Aside from the smut, how is this different from being Dumbledore's puppet?

7. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

And that's why it would be entertaining.

You'd have them all reach a consensus concerning enslaving Harry, but afterwords...

It's not meant to be a serious story. Crack fic all the way.

8. ancientdragon14

ancientdragon14 Backtraced

Simple Idea: What if Harry was a mutant, like spider man, he was bitten by a radioactive covered creature and mutated into their characteristics. Then he goes back for his fourth year, and has to compete in the triwizard tournament?

He needs to hide his mutant appearance and ability. If everyone found out they would treat him as an outsider, a "freak" like Petunia called him in book 2. The appearance can be hidden through make up charms. His ability however he might choose not to show unless it's urgently required.

However once Moody finds out about Harry's secret, he reports back to Voldemort, who has a slight change of plans.

The story explodes from there who knows where.

9. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

Or how about Harry learns that he is an elephant animagus and gains an elephant trunk in his human form (because we all know animagus traits carry over, amirite?) which he uses to defend himself from spells and strangle people (because it's a magical trunk).

He then arbitrarily goes back through no clear mechanism to his forth year and competes in the Triwizard tournament again for no real reason.

He needs to hide his magical trunk, so he uses make-up charms. However, Moody sees Harry's wrinkly grey appendage and tells Voldemort, who then confronts Harry in the Graveyard and speaks in parseltongue to the trunk (because it's snake like), and tells it to strangle Harry.

However, something goes wrong and instead of killing Harry, his trunk penetrates him anally and impregnates him.

Harry is now pregnant with his own half-human half-elephant hybrid child which holds the key to destroying Voldemort.

He then goes back into the future to meet his future elephant-son and learns the key to defeating Voldemort: the power of the Tusk.

Voldemort is weak to Tusks because they're like nails but bigger and nails are dead and Voldemort is scared of death.

So Harry goes back in time again and transforms and impales Voldemort on his tusks, killing him permanently.

And thus we learn a vital lesson:

Just because you can think of a plot, it does not mean you should post it.

Last edited: May 30, 2009
  10. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Write more.

You have an excellent imagination.

11. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

In this case, I'm thinking that was entirely too detailed.

Taure, you scare me sometimes...

12. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

His thought process is pretty scary, isn't it?

@Taure: I'd read that shit if written.

13. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Taure's plot > then ancientdragon14 plot.

Alright. My plot bunny.

When Voldemort took Harry's blood, the connection between their minds was increased.

However, due to Voldemort being recently resurrected, all the rituals he went through before are no longer in effect.

Before his 5th year at Hogwart, Harry goes through the effects of the rituals that Voldemort goes through - but he hasn't undergone the balancing aspects

The strain on his mind and sudden uberness of his magic causes Harry to suffer immense psychological stress and he retreats into his own dream world.

What proceeds next would be equivalent to Alice in Wonderlandesqe plot theme and his return to the land of the living.

On his return he brings with him a few of the voices, shamelessly modded from Shezza and Belleradh, and ___________ happens.

Whatcha think?

14. Osprey Trapper

Osprey Trapper Second Year DLP Supporter

I simply couldn't help but think of that fic where Harry gets stuck in his own mind and he and Snape work together to get him out...

15. belleradh

belleradh Murder Princess DLP Supporter

I like the idea of a Looking Glass from Harry's point of view. My opinion of fairy tale being as biased as it is, no surprises.

Getting there may be a little too convoluted - simpler may be better in the end. Two souls in contact and the 'interference' between may be enough to cause Harry's internalization. Definitely an interesting premise though.

16. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Does anyone remember the discussion about having multiple Voldemort's running about due to the Horcruxes (i.e. the Diary allowed a 16 year old Riddle to come to life and the other Horcruxes might have the same ability)? Anyone remember where that was?

17. carvell

carvell Professor DLP Supporter

How about a fic where Harry and co catch the rat in POA and Black is proven innocent and in GOF Barty Crouch is put back in azkaban, then fast forward the story to just before Harry's 17th birthday where he is looking forward to getting his inheritance but Dumbledore has had other plans ongoing (eg stealing money-titles/friends back stabbing him/stuck in marriage contract with her) he finds out wtf is really going on and starts to do something about it before the wedding bells ring.

Harry is not living with Black because he was judged unfit to raise Harry due to his prison stay,

All of Harrys friends are against him no Harry/Hermione finding out the truth and running off to get married he's by himself

With no voldermort back he knows nothing about the OFTP nor it's members.

18. fanficlover

fanficlover Fourth Year

Inheritance?

That single word spoils the plot for me. Money stealing, forced contract...al too cliched.

And about not knowing about the Order, he will have contact with Sirius, who will surely mention the order at some point of time.

And even if Crouch was put in Azkaban, that doesn't mean Voldemort would stop there in his efforts to gain his body back.

19. Juggler

Juggler Death Eater DLP Supporter

carvell, I think you left out the part where he accidentally took a time turner from the DoM in 5th year and is using it to train in his trunk secretly.

20. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have something along those lines set up for the plot in Diadem.

Anyway. Wizards know very little about acromantula, right? For the past fifty years, Hagrid has been under Aragog's control via little spiders that crawl into your ears and latch onto your brain. (Codex who?)

He uses Hagrid to learn more about the wizards before sending a few more little spiders to infiltrate the school. From there you can pretty much take it anywhere you want.

Including the rubbish bin.

Not open for further replies.