1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Awesomefia ~ Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Lynch Vote: mishie

2. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Derp. I didn't read it through. Sorry. Never mind it wasn't stupid to say that. I thought he does it at night, and therefore could be killed before he could use it.

3. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

I am still suspicious of iLost because I don't quite understand his response to me when I was unsure about his reasoning of Vesvius being confirmed town. More than likely he is, but I don't know how he would be so completely sure just because Kalas possibly died protecting him. So I am not trying to start a vote for Vesvius but it is just the argument around him and what iLost is saying that makes me suspicious of him. Because it could be he is defending him, or he knows we will find out of Vesvius' innocent soon (he is one of the scum knowing that Vesvius was targeted and Kalas protected him) so he would get town points standing by him, or he just has a good gut feeling which confirms it for him. But for me nothing is confirmed until it is actually confirmed so that makes me a bit wary of iLost still.

jwlk on the other hand, after iLost voted for him, did a "No you" and voted back for him. I mean, he posted his reasoning but I think just going after the person who voted for you is a stupid way to play because it means you can be overlooking the actual scum because you are taking things in a personal manner instead of a town manner. Scum though might just do it because they know it is a townie accusing them and therefore will want any townie killed. That's the goal, kill the townies.

The whole Sesc voting and not explaining thing is weird to me. Why not just explain it? But I don't have any super bad feelings against him, he seems to want to be getting us moving along, getting lurkers to speak and stuff. I was going to go for Jangel but he has started speaking and that is what I want to do when I vote a lurker, get them talking. That is why I took my vote off *tuiz* when he started talking and even though a band wagon started on him, I didn't go back because I felt I didn't have a reason anymore.

Anyways, I am going to lynch vote for Mishie since he isn't talking right now since he isn't talking. If he replies to defend himself that won't change my vote, but if he starts contributing, that very well could.

Deadline Lynch: Mishie

4. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

:facepalm

You clearly didn't read my post, but whatever. I think Mishie is sleeping, in DE3, he said midnight for him was about 6-8 hours ago. So i'm sure he'll wake up soon.

5. LochNess

I read your post, and like I said, you posted reasoning, something I think makes sense as well. iLost is saying things like "so and so has to be town" and "one of these people has to be scum" when that isn't true. But I was also saying that it seems more suspicious when you post against someone and vote against them right after they vote for you. Or that you just take things more personally. Or it was a big coincidence that iLost voted for you and had no effect on your opinions.

6. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Sorry for not posting much this game, the main reason why I haven't been able to do so is that 1) I've been busy trying to save town from Castiel in DE3 and 2) I honestly have no idea what to say. With no role list, it's a lot harder for me to figure out who's scum and who's just a confused town player, hell at one point I considered starting a mass town role claim, because as far as I'm aware, there's no warlock role in this game or soup mechanic for the scum. And as for why it would have worked, scum would be unable to contest claims because they wouldn't be able to provide details about roles, and they wouldn't be able to target strong town roles since they wouldn't know what the roles actually do from the names.

As such, I'm going to read over the thread again and try to figure out what's going on here before I give my opinion on who's acting suspicious this game.

7. LochNess

Okay, something Mishie said in that post cemented my vote for lynching him. I can't talk about it, but I am sure there are at least a few others who see it too. Keeping my vote tonight unless there is another candidate that gets all the votes for some good reason and then in that case I will change it, and put my vote back on Mishie tomorrow.

8. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Sorry I haven't checked in much. A few factors have kept me from posting as much as I'd like.

I'm looking at the lynchwagon, and I might as well jump on.

Deadline Lynch: mishie

9. Sesc

One; this is why we shouldn't have multiple games or players playing more than one game if they don't have time for that. And by the way -- I'm pretty sure we had it in the netiquette somewhere that lying about out-of-game commitments was not cool.

Just pointing that out. The same goes to Anya. Forgetting your role is just wut.

Two; Wat? Dude. We lost 5 Town already. With three additional, reasonable assumptions I can narrow down it to at least 1 in 4, just using elimination.

Something else. iLost, I don't quite see how this works:

Not that I entirely disagree, however, my list for Box contenders looks like this:

In order of stated interest. All of those also voted for themselves at one point. So, uh, sure, there might be one or two Mafia in it. But in that case, it's 1 or 2 in 8.

10. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Okay. Lochness, Kalas' power said whoever he visited would not die, if they were targeted, until the next night. He and others visited Vesvius then all died. I'm assuming, like others, that there is some scum power that targets someone and everyone that visits them. I'm assuming Vesvius was the target, but since Kalas visited him, he would die tonight instead of last night.

Any clearer? If not fuck it.

@Sesc and Lochness. In every game that had a role like that, scum have always put their candidates forward and have won it pretty damn often. Demon Mayor Jon and Anya both come to mind. So I think it's not too much to assume there is a scum among those that voted.

And since their were no wagons at all for a bit, I'm guessing one or two scum voted for their own, thus starting a wagon. Since Ash is dead, and assuming Vesvius was the target, that leaves jwlk and a few that voted for him gambling on jwlk getting it. Or, if Vesvius doesn't die, he could be him. And if he doesn't die tonight, then the above applies to him.

At this point, I'm kind of thinking scum is running the town. Bandwagon on Mishie, points toward Jangel.

Right now, on my scum list are Sesc and jwlk. Sesc, because he keeps deflecting attention towards others I see no reason to believe are scum. I think at this point he's blowing out smoke, and that vote for Aziraphale failed, so he's covering it with some bs then going for mishie.

And jwlk...really? The moment people start agreeing with me you throw the vote at me? The same with Sesc. It's logical if you think about it based on other games.

So, how about a compromise for the town? Dhulli shoots jwlk, we vote for mishie. One side of this argument has to be right.

11. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Whoever said that entire post was a joke? iLost got part of it. Who else is going to get the entire thing? I mean, I believe I put out enough hints in that post for people to figure out what's real and not.

As for proof, what proof did you want again? Me actually role claiming or giving a useless argument, maybe? There is no consolidated proof that would save me, not unless I actually role-claimed and somehow got a confirmed town to back it. Or just let you guys lynch me to find out who I am.

And god damn, my family and work ate another day.

I'm, right now, going through the list of the people who voted on tuiz on the assumption that scum have shared QTs.

Sesc | Anya, Jangel, Vesvius, Klackerz, Vira, Republic21, Eternity Lost, dhulli, Aziraphale, Aekiel

So, as for what I can get a read on so far:

Sesc seems suspicious. Very aggressive move in here for no reason. No reasoning ever given for that, only that he had a "feeling" Az was scum.

Vira. Very few posts, no actual info. Claims college, but I'm doubtful.

I don't believe Vesvius is a scum, because he willfully acknowledged he was targeted. Most likely, the priest equivalent saved his ass that day. However, if jwlk does die and is a town role, we might have to focus Ves.

Jangel seems like an aggressive town role. No real collaboration attempt, so could be a neutral role or revenge-role, ala Dirty Old Bastard from WH:E. Doesn't seem to have a real fear of getting targeted.

Anya, like Vira. Few posts, no substance. Thing is, she's playing aggressive. Either she's not afraid of NKs or she's an unimportant role. I'm betting on a scum.

EL. He suddenly went quiet since 6 AM. Probably work/school, or is he hiding behind his day 1 post count to keep him from pinging as a lurking scum? I know if I was in his position, I probably would do that too if I was scum.

LochNess pinging a good amount of my radar.
    Care to explain? Also, you're accusing

Mishie. That scum ping is sky high on him. No reason for town to mass claim, since scum can probably make up realistic enough roles to screw us over. If they do share a QT, then we're boned since they can target important town roles.

As for Aekiel, Aziraphale, dhulli, Rep and others. I haven't gone through their posts yet, but I'll add it in once I examine them more closely.

By the way, I really hate the "feeling" votes. I've used logic and meta-gaming to figure out factions a lot, and that's worked out just fine for me in every game I've been in, even if I died day 1.

As of now:

Deadline Vote Mishie

And I'd say gun down LochNess. If she is town, I hope to dear god she isn't an important role.

12. Sesc

And I don't care for meta-gaming, because it takes the fun out of the game. It's boring as fuck if you compare posts from one thread with another. Feelings are way more fun, especially when you're right.

Also, as I said, it's polite to assume someone is telling the truth about RL stuff. Which is why it's equally polite not to lie about said commitments.

How does the the former follow from claiming the latter :confused:

As for LochNess and LiT, both seem (no offense) just inexperienced to me, which explains the occasional oddity. Do you see this differently, Evan?

13. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Current Votals

Republic21 (1) - Anya
    Mishie (2+3) - LostInThought, Sesc, | Lochness, Vesvius, Evan Tide
    iLost (1) - jwlk

Day will end in ~9.5 hours from now!

14. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Well, the posts above make a lot of sense. So here's the vote on mishie I guess:

Deadline Lynch Vote: Mishie

Or do I kill mishie and hope we got that right and then we can decide on a lynch? That's another option.

---------- Post automerged at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

I need to reread the last few pages. I'll be back in a few hours though...homework and stuff. But hopefully I'll have it narrowed down to a few people a few hours before deadline, and then we can decide who to shoot, etc based off of how the lynch bandwagon is at the time.

15. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

While I would be considering Vesvius, chances are he will no longer be with us by tomorrow. I have no real opinions on Anya... but out of Mishie and jwlk, hmmm.

I did vote for jwlk for the box, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for at least one more day. Sesc's aggressive play actually seemed quite suspicious as well, but I can see why he might have been throwing it out as bait as well.
    I'm not sure about Mishie or not, but a town claim in a game without pre-listed roles and the inability to quote QT's(as it should be), just doesn't seem like a good idea. I'll toss down a solid vote for him most likely if things keep as they are, but I really would like to hear more from him first.

16. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Sorry I haven't been that involved these last few days, rl stuff and Dresden has been getting in the way. But now I'm dead there, and I've sorted out some of my shit, I'll be more involved.#

As well as Mishie, for his role claim idea, I'm suspicious of iLost and Sesc.

Day ends in 7.5 hours

Deadline Vote: Mishie

17. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I won't be able to post a fullanalysis before days end, but I will say that Vira and Evan have been pinging the most on my radar, with Mishie and Republic close behind.

That said Mishie seems the only one we might get a lynch on so

18. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

7.5 hours? Eh, I'll be in class at that time, so I guess I should at least act upon my suspicions for once and:

If people end up rescinding based upon his reasoning(if he gets on and gives one), then my one vote shouldn't be an issue anyway.

19. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

1) Past games have no baring on future ones. Also, more often then not scum has not been a part of the mayor vote. Your 2 occasions being the only two :p

Thats not to say scum don't vote, and I wouldn't be surprised if mafia bandwaggoned me. However, nothing is as certain as you seem to be making it. "It happened before, it must happen again"... No, just no.

2) Kinda agree on Sesc, he's definitely very out there this game, and accusing up a storm when we should really be cautious. I'll be re reading his text, because I'm not to sure yet.

3) I've been suspicious of you since Day 1, and I decided to put my lynch vote where my mouth is and vote you. Doesn't look like its going anywhere, but i'll leave it on for a bit. Will probably remove it before bed, since deadline...

4) "logical if you think about it based on other games" :facepalm
    Thats metagaming on some level... I know it.

5) It really doesn't, considering Mishie and my scenario's are different, I don't see how they correlate. I don't think I should be shot. Would be killing a townie, thats for sure, and I don't want to lose :l

6) Speaking of Dhulli, he needs to make a kill in the next 7.5 hours right? I hope he's not sleeping, he needs to get on it..

20. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

going to sleep, only sensible vote right now~