1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

We don't even know if he attacked anyone.

2. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Would depend on the notion whether Hagrid made defense professor or not and somehow, I doubt that in Santi's universe.

I am actually surprised people care about Buckbeak. Unless he becomes Harry's (or Nathan's) mount, on which he goes into battle against dragons in the task, I don't really care that much about him.

edit: yeah, Care of Magical Creatures, my bad >_>

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  3. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Fixed that for you. :p

4. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Yeah, he probably doesn't "care" but he made a good point whether you like it or not. I really don't care either - once I figured out you were talking to me. Your response to me may have been merited, sure, but so was the question. Your first post on a forum is to demand that a popular author update elsewhere, I said something about it, end of story. Don't be so defensive about it. You even had a valid point -- I've wondered why he hasn't updated there myself -- but that had little to do with my question to you.

tl;dr - Move on.

Now, let's try to get back onto the story topic before the mods come in here again and warn us all for getting off-topic from story discussion.

My biggest curiosity right now is about what epic storyline Harry is going to be involved in this year.

We know that Santi has been looking forward to this year and has some awesome stuff planned. We know that Harry isn't going to be participating in the Tri-Wizard. So what is he going to be doing?

I think he'll help both Nathan and Viktor in the Tourney because he will have different goals for them. His primary goal is to make sure Nathan survives the Tournament, sure, but I think he'd rather see Viktor actually win.

He'll probably complete his Animagus transformation.

But none of that is likely to be a plot completely for Harry. My best guess as to what we'll see is something with Karkaroff. The Dark Mark will start to darken again or whatever, and in canon that freaked Karkaroff right out. Karkaroff is in a very different situation now than he was in canon -- he has direct access to a Potter who is attending his school, which gives him contacts with the rest of the Potters if he wanted it, and so on.

It could alter his behavior in a number of ways, depending how Santi wants to play it.

I'm also really, really looking forward to seeing Harry interact with the Professors at Hogwarts. Students too, but mostly professors. Damn I can't wait for that.

Hah, writing out some ideas got me excited -- would it be too cliche for me to add an "Update please" to the end of the post?

5. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I've been expecting this year to be the year he properly schisms with his parents. He has managed to bluster his way through with "Oh but Durmstrang is cool, don't make me stop!", but you just know that this year is when they'll find out about Calypso, and possibly her father. In which case, I can't imagine them being happy.

And, of course, Ron will side with James and Lily on this. And be vocal about it. So whilst his parents might quietly disaprove, a his brother's ex-best-friend/best-friend, depending on when it happens, will be shouting and ranting at him about how Harry is turning into the next Dark Lord. Obviously, this is likely to blow up.

6. Ched

Aah, good point Thaumologist. Whether or not the schism actually happens or not I don't know, but you're right. Some of that is going to come out.

Rita Skeeter did overhear him and Calypso, after all. I'm not sure if she'll write about immediately, or if the Potters would believe what she wrote, but either way Harry will no doubt be expected to provide details he has been keeping to himself thanks to her.

Calypso's father, yeah, again -- lots of reasons why that might come out this year as well. Not just because of Calypso's presence in England and the questions that might give rise to, but because Voldemort is going to be coming back to life.

7. 4arms

4arms Second Year

I realised that Moody/Crouch won't be able to help Harry as he did in canon...Santi has introduced the oath...Harry will be the one to save Nathan's neck( atleast in 1st 2 tasks) and then they might fall out.

Rita might be the one to bring the Potters in the light, ironically!

8. victor

victor Muggle

A "pride of Griffindor attacks again" kind of situation?

9. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You remind me of Syed in about the worst way possible.

Anyway's, I'm pretty sure the oath was canon too.

10. Expelliarmus

Expelliarmus Third Year

In the 4th book, Harry is chosen champion of a fourth missing school, and is assisted by a professor at Hogwarts (and probably will happen to Nathan in the fic), therefore he doesn't affect by that oath. Furthermore, although there existed an oath to avoid support for their students, both Madame Maxime and Prof. Karkaroff could avoid this oath and could help to Fleur and Viktor respectively (as seen when Hagrid shows Harry the dragons).

11. Ched

The hell have the last few posts even been about?

12. 4arms

4arms Second Year

I don't know...I think they were refrained from helping the champions but it was a long tradition to cheat, only Dumledore was too honest to do such a thing and others not!

In canon, even Ludo tried to help Harry during the 1st task....

But that won't be possible here, we might not need Moody at all, we have Santi's Harry to complete the job...Only thing I am uncertain is what will happen in the maze( if there is one) without Moody?

13. Rumbleroar

Rumbleroar Seventh Year

We might not need him, but he's going to be butting heads with Harry's lesson plan, I'm sure. I'm sure that the Moody that Santi has presented to us is Barty Crouch Jr., and will be attempting to make all the same manipulative moves he had in canon.

With that being the case, I'm really looking forward to seeing how Harry will be the one to uncover his true identity. For some reason, I just know he's going to be the one to do it.

14. 4arms

4arms Second Year

I agree with you!
    IMO, Moody will be bound to the oath not Barty Crouch Junior...Nathan will take his help (if he feels that Harry is going to teach him Dark arts or after Rita's arcticle) but Harry will catch Moody....and will be super pissed on Dumbledore when I come to think of it!

15. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    4arms... Why would he piss on Dumbledore? Bad grammar aside on his authors note Santi said he might update again during New Years, guess all the bitching changed his mind :(

16. 4arms

4arms Second Year

I said he will BE pissed on Dumbledore...probably for not finding the real identity of Moody early!

I know some of you are comparing me with Syed but please read carefully before tearing down my post. Besides we have been doing guessing in this thread for a long time.

He said that he will post around new years...

17. Ched

...Maybe what you are trying to say is that he will be pissed AT Dumbledore? Maybe? :facepalm

18. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

I don't know, it would funny as hell if he pissed ON Dumbledore :cheers:
    This is the type of stuff I wanted to see in the fourth year...
    :magic:
    :splatter:
    ...I honestly did not know we had an entire collections of cool emoticons

19. mrstranger

mrstranger Squib

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this.... in canon the main focus was the tournament because Harry was in it (obviously) but I was thinking since Harry is not in the tournament, what if there are other competitions for the rest of the students seeing as one major reason behind the tournament is promoting international relations.... maybe santi will put in a dueling competition as part of these side competitions..... thoughts?

20. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Ministry has a track record of not wanting students duelling or being capable in general so I doubt it'd work too well. Maybe a basket weaving competition?

Thoughts?

Not open for further replies.