1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt: A Mafia of Stars and Suckers | ExMods win

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Feb 11, 2012.

1. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Hey guys. Sorry for not posting earlier, I wasn't feeling very well :l

Anyway, now that i'm back and read through everything, well a lot has happened :eek:. First off, I wanna talk about The Vesvius..... He needs to die, a painful death. The longer he stays alive and accumulates roles, the worse the town will be.

Second, the Aekiel didn't claim today, AEKIEL IF YOU ARE ALIVE DON"T CLAIM FOR THE REST OF THE GAME. This will give the Vesvius(Castiel) Trouble pinpointing all the roles.

Third, the Hermonie's. At the beginning of the day, when I saw everyone focus on JUST Castiel, I was extremely worried. Letting the Hermonie's run free is never a good thing (And Ashaya and Jangle were doing a great job keeping thought off of the Hermonies) but thankfully we got off the track of that, because we can't ignore one faction over the other. Focusing just on witches, or just on warlocks, would make town lose the game for certain. HOWEVER, now that Castiel has done some of our dirty work (Vira!Ashaya), witches are still a threat, just not THAT much of a threat as the start of the day (We've pretty much narrowed them all down, which is awesome). Now, we need to focus on Castiel. We need to imprison him for pretty much the duration of the game, until we get rid of his Smile. Then we have to asylum kill him, which is an awesome mechanic because it pretty much lets us keep his +1's out of the way forever.

I doubt Castiel will be able to successfully role claim everyday from now on, so its just a matter of time until we win, but today I think it is important to try to lynch the thrall role.

Also, The Jon role. If he gets lucky with associates, he can almost win by now... I think we need to talk about this swell, and i'd like to know why Taure can be the Jon? Or why you think so, Aekiel? Maybe YOU'RE the Jon? I think its a pretty good match with the Mayor role, considering you check innocent.... To bad you're the mayor, or i'd ask the mayor to put you in the asylum.

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wait, what just happened with Aekiel and Uncle Stojil? Did I miss something?

3. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I meant mod-kill... not role claim. Obviously. Please, no one role claim (I know it sounds obvious but still)

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    You answered none of my points, Aek. But that's ok, because chances are you are scum.

If I had to take a rough guess as to the remaining scum, I would say that jwlk, kens and Aekiel are the ones. There is Stojil, and I consider him for the sheer randomness (really, it's so impossible it must be true), but I'm pretty sure these four, along with castiel(the Jon) and Jangel (The Palindrome), are the remaining scum.

5. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Gah, I have no idea what to do.

Finding republic's posts oddly convincing...

WE NEED TO LYNCH SOMEONE.

6. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Herp derp.

castiel is the Vesvius, not the Jon.

---------- Post automerged at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Taure, lynch Jangel.

7. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

Republic still talking nonsense. Calling Castiel the Jon; pointing at jwlk and Kens with no explanation (as he's consistently been doing to various people since the start). Let's not forget about how he's consistently defended, and tried to keep alive, the Vesvius. Furthermore, despite him claiming I'm the Palindrome, he's still pushing to lynch me, when we should be lynching the Smile.

If we spend any kill on someone other than the Smile or Castiel, until Castiel is dead, Castiel will kill us all. Assuming he successfully modkills tonight, which is a decent bet, he'll have 4 lives on him; one to kill the Smile, +2 from modkills, and one to kill him.

If he survives to modkill again, and the Hermonies get in two NKs in the meanwhile, odds are the Moridin, the Irene, Aekiel won't survive to keep him in the asylum and remove his extra lives. Town will lose the game.

Spending a kill on me just does not make sense at this stage. There are potentially two Hermonies still alive. Even if I was a Hermonie, killing me today wouldn't stop them from NKing tonight, and Castiel will never die. If you lynch Republic, you can kill Castiel cleanly, and put two people in the asylum the next day.

Lynch Republic (most likely the Smile) today. the Irene, commit Castiel tonight. the Moridin, try to kill him tonight. He'll try to modkill; if he's unsuccessful, vote kill and be done with him, and then lynch someone else. If he's successful, vote kill and then lynch him, and be done with him. We can then put two people in the asylum: potentially all the Hermonies.

I'm not the Palindrome. I won't roleclaim unless I have to, for obvious reasons.

---------- Post automerged at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Err, second to last paragraph should just be "vote kill and be done with him", since he can't modkill again tonight.

8. Skeletaure

High Score:
    I don't think Castiel gets another modkill tonight - he has to wait until tomorrow until he gets another.

I'm somewhat convinced by Jangel's post. I still think he's scum of some kind, probably a Hermonie, but I think he's right in that we should spend tonight focusing on the Vesvius. If nothing else, we need to knock off a few of those extra lives.

That said, an uncertain lynch on republic21 would be less good than a certain lynch on Jangel, if we knew for sure he was scum.

Republic: do you have any real basis for calling Jangel the Palindrome, or are you just saying anything to save your skin?

Leaving my vote on republic for now.

9. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

You proposed we Asylum kill her, but as her scumbuddy you would already know that she had a lead on Snowflake as the KaiDASH. This means you would be pretty sure she'd survive the day, whether lynched or not. With her under the microscope as it was, it would make sense for you to come up with a plan that would ensure her survival, which wouldn't happen if she survived the lynch.

We need Castiel in the Asylum tonight, otherwise death. Tomorrow I'll consider it though.

I put it up because I think it's correct. The evidence points towards it, and because nobody else seems to fit the bill.

I'll admit this is mostly gut feeling, but the blatant call out to the Vesvius to ModKill Seratin as the jwlk was hilariously scummy.

The Jon benefits the most from Castiel gaining more lives, because he can kill him in one shot with his protection piercing kill. Just let the Vesvius go on killing townies and Hermonies, while the Jon sits back until the end game so that he can kill the Vesvius and be on his way. This is also why he pushed so hard for Republic to be lynched; he'd called him as the Smile, but while he's still alive Castiel can't be killed.

---------- Post automerged at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Missed this one out.

True enough on all roles being important, but you forget that we weren't randomly lynching. We had a good bead on LochNess that turned out to be true. There's a reason she had such a bandwagon behind her; she was guilty as hell and we noticed.

10. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Jangel: The Vesvius gets one Modkill a day. He used his. We're safe for tonight.

Anyway Scum reads.

Confirmed:

Castiel - The Vesvius, Ashaya - The Vira (dead)

Probable:

Republic - Smile, Jangel - Hermione

That leaves one Hermione plus The Jon assuming we haven't hit a single scum.

Suspicions:

The Jon - I feel like its either Taure or Aekiel tbh. No one else has really been posting with enough of a presence to be the Jon (no one I consider suspicious at least).

The Last Hermione - jwlk/Kens leaning towards Kens.

There isn't one damning quote I could link you to atm more of an accumulation of where their posts have been leading us and what they've chose to comment on.

Also thoughts to consider: I believe the Asylum should block the Smile's abilities so we have two options here.

1) Lynch Republic, who I think we can agree is the most likely Smile candidate, hope the Hermonie's have the sense to NK Castiel then finish him off tomorrow.

Or

2) Lynch Jangel (based on the Jangel-Ashaya connection) today. Let the remaining Hermonie(s) do her/their thing. Imprison Republic tonight. Asylum kill has priority over Lynch kill so we have Republic's role spelled out and -1 life for Castiel.

Thoughts?

11. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

One last question before I take some medicine and pass out:

Can we lynch someone who is in the asylum??? Not asylum kill them, but Lynch kill them.

I'll be back in a few hours.

12. Aekiel

High Score:
    Option 2 would end up with Castiel being free to do his thing tomorrow. That is not a good idea. I'd agree to option one.

13. Koalas

High Score:
    @Aekiel: From the way I understand it its pointless to Imprison Castiel. Modkill beats everything in priority which should include the Asylum vote. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Additionally 'extra lives' and 'layers of protection' are two VERY different things. The Jon can't oneshot the Vesvius.

14. Aekiel

High Score:
    Huh, I'd read the two as one in the same.

If we leave Castiel out of the Asylum, we won't be able to hit him with both the Moridin and the Hermonie nightkill, assuming they go ahead with it. That would leave him with an extra life going into the day phase. While in the Asylum he can't gain any more lives, so we'll have the chance to lynch him and kill him in a single day.

15. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Guys, I changed my mind. I think Vesvius was the SmileOfTheKill after all, hence dead.

If someone can HELP confirm this, he/she should roleclaim.

You should know who you are, if I'm right.

Plan (correct me if there are mistakes): we lynch Castiel. He has 1 extra life left. The Irene puts him in the Asylum.

1) If the Moridin is alive:
    - He attacks him. Castiel has no more extra lives.
    - The Hermonies attack him.
    a) If he dies, yay.
    b) If he survives, the Smile is alive. We asylum vote to keep him in there. He doesn't exit the prison and can't use his modkill in this scenario, right Lungs?

2) If the Moridin is dead:
    - The Hermonies attack Castiel. He has no more extra lives.
    - We asylum vote to keep him in there.
    - We lynch him too. Lungs, it can be done, right?
    a) If he dies, yay.
    b) If he survives, we have one more safe day to lynch who we think is the Smile.

Lungs, when in the day/night is a player freed after his "prolonged" stay?

Should I even try and convince the Hermonies to collaborate with this? I think their benefits are clear as day.

16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Reasons? You mean besides the obvious farce of a NK on him?
    Besides that, yes I do have reasons. I am 99% sure.
    Just in case Castiel hasn‘t figured out my role yet (which he has).I‘m going to refrain from outright role revealing.

If the remaining Hermonies would help with Castiel, that would be awesome. Remember Ashaya, sh‘d rather lose than let Castiel win.

17. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Wait a minute.. I think I might have figured something out.

Republic clearly has some outside role information, which is why I thought he had to be town. Also, his posts today have been spot on with some info town role (His early suspicion of Jangel). But then I re-read Aekiel's reasoning and saw how he defended Lochness... and it just didn't make sense to me. I re-read the rules, and something we all forgot (Or I did, anyway) Was that SmileoftheKill gets the powers of the first role to die. Fen was the first role to die, and he had like 2 posts.. that could have meant he was an important role who didn't want to drag attention to themselves, and if Republic was the Smile of the Kill, and he inherited the role, that could be why he can pose as town, and why he seems to be helping town. It also explains his defense of Lochness, and obviously why he pushed so hard to stay out of the asylum. It also explains him basically giving out his role... He has no worries that Castiel will modkill him, considering they are scum buddies

I'm pretty much convinced he's the SmileoftheKill after thinking about this for a while, so i'll put my vote in..

Lynch Vote: Republic

18. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Okay, I think we should just nuke Castiel and see what happens. Maybe Vesvius was the Smiloe, maybe not. Either way, we'll know by tomorrow. Either way, we'll knock the extra lives off his tally.

Lynch, then Moridin kill, then asylum kill by vote.

Rescind standard lynch vote.

Standard lynch vote: Castiel

I'm inclined to believe that Republic isn't the Smile and that he's being truthful about Jangel.

But if Castiel survives this, we can always lynch Republic then. Or we can asylum kill Jangel to get his role, and decide about Republic from that.

But for now, everyone vote to lynch Castiel.

19. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Not to mention Castiel hopped right onto the Jangel vote, while there was a bandwagon on republic at the time, and he didn't vote him at all. The Vesvius shouldn't really care who dies, as long as its not the Smile. Yes, i'm not convinced even more that this is the case..

20. Koalas

High Score:
    ^ This. As there are MULTIPLE scum faction who they don't vote for is far more telling then who they do. Republic being 100% truthful and helping town is not relevant to whether or not he is in fact scum himself.