1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt *\~ Game Started!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Chocolate Pi, Mar 26, 2012.

1. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

That's my general idea too. Ash's playstyle just makes her a good standby target. She's screwing around and just trolling people. That just adds to the town's confusion. So whatever her role is, she isn't helping out the town.

I remember playing a game of werewolves irl. One of the werewolves gave up another werewolf who was sitting next to him by saying he had heard a physical tell during the night. The next game we lynched him in the first few nights because we couldn't get a good read on him.

So metagaming wise, Ash is screwing around with the town and that makes her a good target. I might be convinced someone else is scummier today and should be lynched first, but Ash is definitely near the top of my list.

---------- Post automerged at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Also, what games are being played with our lynch, and why would voting No Lynch fight that Aekiel?

2. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Pretty sure he just doesn't want her to be quickhammered and end the day early.

I'm not entirely happy with some of Aekiel's posts, but being cautious with 50+ hours left isn't a bad thing.

3. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

So I guess quickhammering is when someone gets half the votes and the day ends immediately?

4. Eidolonic

Correct. When using Moscone, it's ideal for people to go H-2, H-1 when they're 2 or 1 votes from the hammer, just to be safe, in the thread.

5. Sirion

Sirion First Year

The reason why I voted even after giving that caveat is because apparently 9 votes isn't enough for Ashaya to feel like her lynching is inevitable unless she does something.

6. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Yeah, I'm not going to switch my vote to Ashaya just yet because she's only four votes away from a lynch (if you guys want discussion, you might want to move some votes away too), but I get the feeling Ashaya isn't going to feel like it's too late until it actually is, so Ashaya: If you have something to say, please say it now, before you get hammered.

And if you name people as scum (with appropriate reasons), then it will come as no surprise to the rest of us if/when they push harder to lynch you, and we gain as much information from their reactions as we do from your analysis.

7. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I'm not convinced that Ashaya is scum, but I am convinced that at the moment she's the best lynch option. But I don't quite buy it. Just like I don't quite buy that Striker is scum, but apart from Ash he's probably the best bet. Ash is just potentially more dangerous as I know she's a skilled player, whatever side she's on. I'd hate to lose her for town, but might be better than keeping her around as scum.

Ash, like others have said, you're gonna get lynched now if you don't play your cards a little more openly. Even if you don't role reveal a good, long post about who you think is scum, comments on this bandwagon that started on you, etc. might help out town (if not also yourself).

I want to hear more from people like Castiel, anything at all from Platypus (who at this point I suspect just isn't playing as opposed to lurking/reading and not posting).

Leaving my vote with Ash for now. Still willing to be convinced otherwise.

8. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Whoever votes for Ash is scummy to you. And some people say you don't whiteknight. Oh wait, that's just you.

I am town. But my role doesn't really matter, it is more or less insignificant so even if the scum kill me or you guys lynch me town won't suffer too much. So I am just trying to help out while I can. And right now I think lynching Ash is the way to go. Even is she is not scum.

Why?

Because,

See the bold part.

I am really surprised by what is going on here. We have lynched people for much less than what has happened here.

All I know is that until she is lynched we will only be discussing this while the scum kill us off one by one. In the case that she is indeed scum, all the better for us.

Her scum read is the guy who is trying (the most) to have her lynched.

What an unforeseen turn of events.

And what beautiful reasons.

I am moved.

LYNCH THIS CASTIEL.

(Also, I know I am trying hard to get her lynched. But this is Mafia, would you lynch her if I said "Please"?)

9. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

BTW, that 'she will only keep us distracted' argument is a very typical scum thing to say, IMO.

Anyway, I am going to bed and then traveling for the next few days. I won't be posting much, I don't think, but I will try.

Since some people want me to be more open, and I don't think anyone will switch their votes, I will role reveal. At the very least, if you guys do manage to switch to a new lynch target, scum will have to kill me, and it'll be one less town death, hopefully.

I'm the priest. Night one I checked KaiDASH, he was clean. Night two I checked Mishie, he was town as well. It's not much information, but it's all I've had time to get. You all at least have one confirmed townie now.

Now that I think about it, Ollie is probably my Acolyte. Only reason besides whiteknighting that I can think of.

10. Eidolonic

If she is not the real priest, and the real priest is alive, do not post, real priest.

The Acolyte probably 'should' post, however. If she is the priest, confirm it. If she is 'not' the priest, simply confirm that she is not the priest, but do not reveal the real one.

If it ends up that you actually are the priest, and Ollie your acolyte, I don't have a facepalm gif large enough to explain this game.

11. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

This is interesting. Although this does fit with what is going on, it fits too well. If the acolyte can confirm this, I will change my vote. If someone pretends to be the acolyte and confirms this then the real acolyte should definitely come forward.

Also, this.

Also, 5 people are dead. Is there ANY WAY that scum could have known if the Acolyte is dead or not? I am going back to read their posts and see if someone hinted at being the acolyte.

12. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

:facepalm....

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm.

I sincerely hope that this is not true... I gotta repeat, if the real priest is out there, do NOT claim, regardless of whether or not the acolyte does.

I'm not really convinced... maybe she's just trying to get the real priest to claim, but if you're really the priest?? :facepalm.

I'd like to hear from the Acolyte in any case. The only way scum could know if Acolyte is dead is if there is a scum!gravedigger, and the Acolyte was lynched. (so Klackerz, Geabe, uh.. whoever else was lynched). I'm pretty sure that would be the only way, but feel free too correct me if i'm wrong, its almost 3 am here :l.

13. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

A scum Gravedigger would know... if the Acolyte ate a lynch.

Can't think of any other circumstances.

Also, Rescind Vote until this gets sorted.

14. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I doubt anyone is going to hammer at this point, but on the bright side, we know if they do that they're scum :p

15. Eidolonic

The only way the scum could know that they'd get away with a priest claim would be if Geabe was the Acolyte, and Ashaya's scum faction had the gravedigger in it. Or if 'she' was the gravedigger, which is what I initially thought she was going to reveal.

Klackerz was also lynched, but he roleclaimed something else.

Anything other than that scenario, and scum could not know that the claim would go uncontested by an acolyte.

So, from a statistical probability standpoint, we're looking at one of two things:

1.) She's actually the Priest, and her Acolyte is alive (And yeah, it probably is Ollie if she is the priest)

2.) She's scum, and this is a last ditch attempt to draw out the real priest or acolyte to kill them and set up things for late game.

If scenario one is true (and it's possible), then... yeah. Facepalms everywhere.

And in what world is Ollie having to support a female for reasons other than white knighting going to be believable?

---------- Post automerged at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

In most scenarios, I'd take this quote from Ash at the start as meaning there's no chance she's a Holy Role:

As being on the court really is a rapid death sentence in most games. But... with.... I don't really have a lot of words for this, I guess. Come forth, Acolyte.

16. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

For most other people I'd agree, but Ashaya seems like the kind of player who would want to be in the King's Court so as to have a more fun game regardless of role or affiliation.

I figured she might claim priest, thanks to what she said about Kai at the beginning of the day, though I'd have thought she would also say she'd checked Seratin.

Anyway, I'm not sold. From meta, I'd have gotten the impression that Ashaya with a power role would be much more invested in the game. I think it's likelier she's a Junior Witch with a minor role (or, well, an un-exciting role) who got bored with the lack of any night actions - hence the random posting and trolling. The short bursts of lucidity would be when she was prodded by scummates into actually playing serious.

But with a claim of this magnitude, we need to be sure. So yeah, waiting on the Acolyte to reveal, though the information provided by said Acolyte must also be taken with a grain of salt.

17. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

This. Also, Moridin made a good post, IMO. Though there was no prodding, I mainly just was in a good mood or couldn't sleep or some other thing that changed my posting style drastically.

Niggas know I be capricious.

18. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Ashaya, you'll never get any positions of town responsibility if you purposely go out of your way to be contentless and unreadable.

19. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

What is this I don't even. Rescind vote.

I had a few nice theories. Now I have to re-read all the posts with new potential information in mind. Not cool.

20. Eidolonic

Remember that innocent checks don't necessarily mean innocent.

Junior Witches don't check guilty, only Coven.

And yeah, Acolyte, step up. If she is the priest, confirm it. If she's not, just say that she's not, don't reveal the real priest.