1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Mar 18, 2010.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

I play Jayce as an AD carry. Seems to work just fine for me. I level up Q first, take 1 point in E second and max it last and then level W, taking R when available.

Q through E makes farming a breeze, and I can easily keep up with other carries in CS or beat them. And if my jungler comes to gank, I jump close with hammerform and pick up easy kills with decent burst.

2. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

Jayce seems good, but in my experience playing against him in top lane, he isn't all that great. I haven't really had too much trouble either killing, zoning, or ignoring him as my go-to champs. His ranged nuke is ridiculously easy to dodge, unless shot through his gate, which is stupid obvious to see coming. If he's primarily using cannon, the switch to hammer is an easy to see tell that he's going to try and Q-E.

My only issues with him in lane were his W in cannon (I think), which allows him to get significant ranged harass off relatively safely and quickly, and hisability to set up a beastly gank from his jungler, by tossing the gate down for the jungler to run through followed immediately by his Q-E combo in hammer. Pretty devastating, but good map awareness will keep you safe from that.

He's really strong as an AD Carry from my experience. His burst is truly devastating down there, allowing him to pick up easy kills. Playing against him, you have to be cautious, espescially if you are facing an aggressive lane like Jayce/Taric/Leona/Blitz. Their skills chain together really well.

His skillset burst falls off in teamfights later, because as an AD Carry, jumping into the middle of the enemy team is usually a terrible idea (hello Tristana).

No experience playing against him as a jungler.

Overall I think he's a good champ, but not overpowered. I do think it's bullshit that he has a relatively long autoattack range in cannon, but meh.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  3. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Dear god... I don't know why I try & play support below level 30, it seems everyone's out for themselves, I guess I have nobody to blame but myself for solo queueing at 15 but there's nothing else to do with nobody else I know even remotely into LoL =\.

Support Alistar with an Ashe that went 0-5 by the 10 minute mark, a Tristana doing equally as badly in the mid lane with our top lane the only one actually trying, and this was with a Katarina who never showed up all game, just seemed to leave at the start & fuck off.

We almost made a come-back around 30 minutes by somehow winning a team-fight when they got overly cocky and pushed under our Nexus, we killed Baron but ended up achieving little other than pushing mid to the Nexus because they refused to push any other lanes (both top & bot had all 3 turrets up) so the enemy respawned & stomped them in a 3 vs 5, I didn't bother trying to help them purely because they deserved it, sat under the Nexus turrets killing minions.

They walked over the map and curb-stomped us. Sigh. I'd love to find some people to play with, either EU West or EU East but due to poorness and lower level on the East account, I'm not even bothering with T1 runes and I'm saving for T3 runes on my West account even though it's only just hit 15.

TLDR; Would love to have someone competent just once when playing PvP, team or solo/due queue wise.

4. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

5. Lb13

Lb13 Second Year

6. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Well. I'll be maining eve for the next few weeks.

7. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Same but for Twitch. I wonder if he will still be viable for jungle, my all time favorite role. I don't see why not, so long as he still has a steroid I will still be able to jungle the same way, and if I actually have a useful third pre-ult skill that would be nice.

His ult making misspelled speed faster though... What? Even if popping ult means I get double poison stacks or something, they still cap at 5, so triple auto to blow combo then replace the poison doesn't seem very fun or ultimate. I suppose I will wait and see, Twitch is one of my favorite champions (i love stealth but me on a melee carry is just baaaad).

8. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

On Jayce: I've found that he really doesn't work well for me as a bruiser. Building tanky makes his attacks rather weak, and ignores his insane AD scaling. The most success I've had top is building him like I would Kayle, i.e. as if he was an AD carry.

I'm surprised at whoever said he wasn't burst damage- His hammer E at level 5 does 20% of max health in magic damage, and his cannon w at level 5 does 3 quick shots of 130% your damage each, bursting 390% damage in basically a second. My favorite burst combo with him is dropping a gate and q-ing through it, hitting w and transitioning into hammer as I run through the gate myself, q-ing onto my opponent and popping w and e all the while my cannon w is giving me 3 quick hammer swings, too. That's ridiculous burst.

The problem is that unless you build him tanky, you're going to die if you try to use your hammer half the burst in late game team fights. But if you build him tanky, it ignores his amazing scaling and leaves his burst at just his hammer E, and giving him a little extra damage with his w's and a good aoe slow on his hammer q.

I think he'll be really good once an optimal item build is tossed around, and if you get used to managing the armor/mr debuff from his cannon r proc.

@eve

Oh god the jungle eves are coming.

9. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

Eve/twitch reworks are awesome. I play neither, but hopefully I won't have to drudge through a game with a useless champion like we have to now if they are picked.

As for Jayce, the best build I have seen for him to date was to build him as an AD "assassin" type, somewhat similiar to Riven.

Mercury Treads/2x Bloodthirster/Maw of Malmortius/Randuin's Omen/Guardian Angel

Has decent MR/AR late game, is great for jumping right into the middle of the enemy team, popping Randuins to wreck the enemy teams AA based attackers and ability to maneuver, then bursting down a single target like their AD or AP carries.

10. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I think his best place is in the jungle.
    He just can't work as an AD carry. With the proper aggressive support you can easily win bot, but he plays more like jarvan than a ranged ad. He can make up for his weak range by having 6 abilities to play with alongside soft cc/displacement in lane.

But 500 range is dick and balls altogether and will get you instagibbed late game. Full AD just can't work. Going IE/BT/LW/PD will end with you getting outcarried by their ranged, barring significant differences in the cc/protection each team provides.

As a jungler however, he has the ranged red buff like ez with the tanky dps cc+burst like a jarvan pre 6.

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
  12. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    "New Passive
    Some changes to Q and W
    E is largely the same
    R has been epicced"

Same thread.

13. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Speaking of new skills:
    Released Evelynn Ability Remake

I like the boosted mana regen in stealth(just how much boosted is the question, I suppose), and Dark Frenzy's move speed is still re-usable as an escape, like I've so often used her Ult. Also nice to see the attack speed buff moved onto Ravage so that it isn't lost, and it's generally the initiation move regardless. Although it does appear to have lost it's armor/mres shearing effect, for some boosted damage as a double-strike?
    Also nice, is the aoe damage-based-on-max-hp/slow Ult, with a stacking shield effect... and the buffed Hate Spike(although the single target dps may be notably weaker, depending on just how much they modified the cooldown by)

14. Evan Tide

How the hell do I even use Jayce?

I tried squishy AD and I get murederized due to piss poor range. Tried full tank and I have like nothing to do except knock shit around every few seconds. Tanky DPS with Wit's End and TForce didn't allow me to noticeably inflict damage to anything. Support is a no-go unless you can set-up kills really well.

Should he not be building TF + Wit's End?

15. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Jayce at bot lane is just bad from what I've seen. At least, he's bad if you play him with traditional suspports. As for top lane though, TF is core, and Wit's End is more situational imo. I'm not sure why you aren't doing damage though. Jayce with just Tri Force does a LOT of damage. For pokes, he's got his Q through the gate that does a retarded amount of AOE damage.

Jumping onto enemy carries with Q and W does decent damage, and his E is strong enough as a finisher or just knock and shred tanks down. Standard combo I've seen so far is Q+W+AA. E should finish them off, but if not, R+Q/E.

16. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Yeah...Like I predicted, Jayce needs a lot of getting used to. Even then you're going to need a good team with you, Sort of Like Kog but with Jayce being a lot more versatile than Kog.

The most important thing with Jayce seems to be constant regular change.

The first thing for me was to decide what I had a propensity for using more? The Cannon or the Hammer? And How do I balance out these two.

So my build is something like this. The boots that give you AS first ( I never remember the names of items, bear with me please. >_>), then that Life steal Scepter( The one that costs 450 gold. <_<), Then I rush Madreds, Then Wits end (That's the one I think. Its the item with the picture of a purple sword thingy, the one that gives 40% AS and a lot of MR and 42 Magic damage on hit). After these, I build Sunfire Cape + Spell Sheild (Veil I think) + Atma's. Complete the Life steal into BT if I can.

Crazy build Huh? D:

But then...I never pretend to play for anything but fun. :p

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  17. Evan Tide

Xin Zhao Rework info:

ATTENTION ALL AD CARRIES: Xin WILL make a man out of you. That includes Ezreal.

---------- Post automerged at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Tentative Twitch info:
    ---------- Post automerged at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Tentative Eve Info:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  18. TSN

TSN Auror

that thorn girl look like a shiv skin

19. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Somebody tell me if this bullshit is real?

This got me greedy for RP.

Link edited out.

Is this considered spam or warez? I'm sorry if it so and Please delete the post if so.
    Just feeling ...Greedy.

Edit : Scam confirmed, My bad for posting it. :/

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  20. Delirium

Delirium Fourth Year

I generally play Jayce at top lane and so far he devastates everyone I have met up top. Generally farm with ranged, and nuke with (hammer) Q+E (so treat him as a periodic burst dmg). He is extremely hard to gank if he keeps his (cannon) E up. Generally if their jungler doesnt camp top, their top will lose.

*cannon e, or even just his passive allows him to land hammer Q+E combo easily.

The problem (at least with the tanky top build) is that he is not a hyper carry and you need your team to do well or else you will lose once teamfights start.

So overall verdict for top = beats everyone, but cant carry like an akali (assuming tanky jayce build).

Sidenote: Trooper, don't even click on those links, most (read: all) of those are scams trying to get your username/password.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
Not open for further replies.