1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ranked Diaries

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Churchey, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Huh. It wasn't you, then.

Carry on.

2. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    1/5 to Gold V myself. Wish me luck!

3. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

2 Games into Gold, man, it's rough, though I wasn't expecting it to be perfect.

Stomped bot but team never grouped or went for drag so we got sweeped away with a late comp vs an early comp.

Second game I went Trundle vs Jayce, picked blind so, could've picked better. He destroyed me in lane going 3/0 so I just farmed it up and kept splitting, hoping my team could 4 vs 5, despite Urgot's best attempt to flame the ever living hell out of me.

Eventually forced Draven to come back, 1v1'd him and forced Jayce's TP so I ran, got to Baron with 3 after me where my team aced them & took Baron. We went on to win this game in fairly one sided fights as I zoned out Draven & they all dived the tanky Urgot to no success (Thresh + Fiddle peel, my god) - I only now realise I should've reported Urgot for abusive language, I just wanted to get out the lobby before he rubbed his ego everywhere as if he solo-carried the game or something.

Oh well, 27LP for that 1 win, so, the system seems to think I'm worth being higher, but I don't believe it. The Jayce who stomped me was Silver V, so, definitely a duo queue, whilst their Morgana was Plat IV and she was FP, so, I think I found the duo-q. Either way I played terribly for the first 25.

4. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I don't understand how the system works. Early into silver 1 I earned about 15 LP and lost about 6. After three days of games I reached 92 LP, ready to get to the promo matches. I earned about 7 LP each win after the 50 mark.
    I promptly lose two games, and about 17 LP each. I am confused. Also back down to 61 LP.

5. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

The game tries to "cap" you based on your perceived skill level.

If your Elo is shit, then they try as hard as possible to fuck with your matches and LP gains/losses so you don't advance.

The problem is that they only put this crap in because you can't drop from Gold to Silver and so on.

6. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I see. Another lost game and I am now on 47 LP. A bad day of games made me drop aprox 50 LP.
    Meh. I suppose my promotion will be earned with blood, sweat and tears.

Edit: Maybe it's time to stop for today, and try again tomorrow.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  7. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I dropped from gold to silver. Apparently playing seven games and stopping isn't ok.

8. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I am still getting mixed answers on this. Is it possible to drop from Gold to Silver, SIlver to bronze etc, from losing games? Not being inactive, but losing. Is it possible?

Today was a good day of League. J4 and Varus carrying everything.
    Btw, Gold ;)

9. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

'Grats Republic.

I haven't read/heard anything about dropping back down to Silver from purely losing. As far as I'm aware, dropping an entire division due to losing is impossible, the only way to drop from say Gold to Silver is 28 days of inactivity.

10. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

You can only drop tiers due to inactivity.

11. Hello

Hello Professor

I dont like the system very much. I go on 10 game winning streaks followed by 10 game losing streaks so it is very much an uphill battle to move tiers. It does not really seem to know what to do when you are really terrible some games and really great others.

12. Evan Tide

Frankly, I hate the league system. I believe it's stupid that you can't lose your league because it promotes every level as having their own personal hell because of random luck or Elo boosting.

That on top of the clamping put based on MMR, which only exists because players can not drop leagues.

On top of that, upward movement is much harder than old Elo and you can randomly swing fights from bronze vs bronze to silver vs plat to bronze vs diamond. I'd seen all these weird match ups and it's just blatantly stupid how screwed the system has become because of it.

I mean, why even put a player in Diamond if their MMR is only as good as a freaking bronze 3? That makes no sense whatsoever and makes the league system a subjective clusterfuck instead of objective ranking.

13. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Evidently I just need to stop playing Leona. I do nothing but lose games on her now even though we usually win our lane, somehow my team decides to just make questionable decisions and throw away a hard fought lead or just get rolled over. Why people think they can kill a Jax who built pure damage when they're playing as Swain/Corki in a 1 vs 1 is just, I dunno...

Bleh, every support game in Gold lost, every jungle/top game won, evidently it's a sign.

As for the league system, it's ok till you get promoted into Tier V of your division, then you realise you're safe no matter what you do short of not playing for 4 weeks & thus it encourages more people to troll and not give a fuck higher up the ladder.

The clusterfuck happens when you get clamped and equally can't be bothered to play because you get nothing for a win and penalised if you lose. I understand that it's the system ensuring itself than you're fully ready to be promoted but it can be fucking terrible to end up on a losing streak from a situation where you're at 90+ LP and so close, or similarly losing your promo series and end up dropping from there all because of a few bad eggs or mistakes.

It's a team game that has dire consequences if you get stuck with someone in a bad mood or who simply enjoys fucking everyone else in the room over, though the same can be said for any Moba.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  14. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

I found this assessment of ranked games amusing.

While Leona's balls deep engage may be what you're best at playing, it might be time to switch up styles to complement your team comp or counter the enemy's.

As for LP, I play one ranked every few weeks or so when I feel particularly adventurous and bored of ARAM (less likely). So far I've had huge gains and jumped 20 LP to 98 in one game in Silver III.

15. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I find Leona to be an all round good counter as once teamfights start breaking out I play protection for my carries unless they're assassins, then it's just the ADC.

The only time I use my ult offensively is to engage on someone out of position/multiple people, or if I'm against an MF I try and shut her ult down ASAP, because nobody else ever seems to try.

You raise a fair point though, I just... Feel like not being tanky is problematic, though the game after I played Sona and we won convincingly as Vayne/Sona vs MF/Lulu despite getting stomped early (Damned blue side). That was much more our Nunu showing up at the right time and me insta-ulting MF when she started hers up, but, yeah, team carried hard whilst Vayne got back into the game.

I enjoy Lulu, Leona and Sona the most, I occasionally play Janna but I'm on a 100% losing streak with her, 0/4. Taric's fallen out of favour though arguably still strong when it's an entire AD line-up. I always fancy trying something like Lux/Morgana/Fiddle, but I feel like I lack the correct runes currently, and it depends on my confidence with skillshots. Zyra's also someone I play very rarely with mixed results.

I generally make a habit of avoiding Thresh/Blitz, Blitz because I'm literally the worst Blitz EU, whereas Thresh... I played him, and like Janna, went 0/4 despite doing well in lane. I finally worked out his E which is what was stopping me from playing him more often but again, it's a confidence thing.

Ideally I guess I like something with a lot of hard CC, such as a stun, hence Leona/Sona, whereas Lulu's great for chaining things when you have someone jump in, or saving an ass or two.

Again though, evidently I focus far too much on trying to win lane via aggression, I suppose I get bored sitting there passively farming - lately I've been on purple side for maybe 80% of my games so, my aggression's stupidly risky given we're always behind from the start and I try to make up or it around level 3 when we're as even as possible.

Playing wise, I said I'd play more but I still find myself just playing a couple of games, general pattern lately is lose game 1, win game 2 and stop ranked - proceed to play ARAM later till I win for my WotD. Needs to change if I want to perform better and work on my faults, of which there are many as I'm rapidly finding out. Also, the number of duo q's in Gold is rather silly, we've had one on each team in all 6 of my Gold games - LolNexus is a wonderful thing.

16. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I feel like I would rather enjoy being your AD-Carry... Too bad we play on different servers. Then again, my main mid is Akali, and my main AD's are Quinn (and Caitlyn).

Caitlyn being somewhat notable as I'm one of the very very few people I ever see using my netshot to jump AT an enemy to get closer to them when they only need a bit more to finish off. Quinn because she really can be quite good, and I enjoyed her before the buffs, but obviously enjoy her more now. Quinn has clicked well with me, since she released, as she is both an AD and kind of an Assassin-y type.
    Anyone who's played with me can tell I do like me my Assassins, although primarily Akali, LeBlanc, Evelynn(even pre-recent rework), Akali, Ahri and Akali.

17. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Oh god I died.

Amazing fihd man, thanks for sharing. Made my day.

18. Red

Red High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

A while ago I dropped down to Silver II due to inactivity so today was me trying to climb back to Silver I (goal achieved) with hopefully finally getting to Gold. I won 7 outta the 9 games I played and one of those loses was due to an afk, the other was fed enemy jungler. Ironically, both games I was playing Da Ree Singah.

I've learned that Tryn split push is really annoying to deal with, even as Teemo.

19. Evan Tide

I forgot that bot lanes are almost universally terrible. Karma and Trist basically died out every singel team fight, leaving me Jarvan, and Nidalee to win the game.

Teleport Singed + Midalee hard carry still fucks shit up though.

Just trolling around free farming, pushing where ever I can as Singed. Got to 269 CS before ending the game.

Then, 25~ minutes in, roflstomp people with 4k HP + 200 each defense + 250~ AP + Liandry's.

Ah, the hilarity as Talon, Malph, Lulu, Vi, and Ez try to escape a Ghost + Ulti + Karma shield singed.

At one point, Nid, Jarvan, and I basically 3v5'd them at their Nexus turrets and won.

Anyone know the max LP you can gain per win? I just got +39 and that's the highest I've seen so far.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  20. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Guys, i'm good at this game! Gold V!