1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Battle School Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 12, 2013.

1. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Interesting, this kind of makes me wish Eid showed the last time he was active on his userpage. I'm town though.

As for why I'm targeting Rent, I'm not sure if he is town or not. But he hasn't posted a lot and I wanted to clarify some of the info I got last night, hence the request for a readwall.

---------- Post automerged at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Well, do you want to expand on that Rents? Both are in the group of four.

2. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well... shit. If there's one thing I know for sure now, there's a two-thirds chance that scum have an extra kill courtesy of the gunsmith. :| Assuming Caesr's information is good. Unfortunately, since we don't even have a role-list, we can't even depend on role-claims: he could be making up a fake role. Pretty solid strategy.
    Out of Menace, Typhon, and Bob... I don't even know. I really hope Menace isn't scum. That would be bad.

---------- Post automerged at 22:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

Also, what the hell happened to the daycop?

3. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Well, if that role claim is legit I'm thinking bob99 and Schro are scum. So, uh. Lynch one and NK the other? What do you guys think?

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm still not certain about you, but you're not going to nightkill yourself and we don't want to waste the gun. I'm all for lynching Schrodinger and have been all damn game, so I think we should probably go with that. You kill Bob, then if either of those prove to be town, we lynch you.

Now to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, this could be a scum plot to try and townfirm Caesar and Menace. If scum had a rolecop (not unknown) it would be pretty easy to confirm Schrodinger's alignment. If they were then willing to sacrifice one of their own (in this case Bob99) it could easily be used to townfirm Caesar and Menace.

So I'm not treating this as cast iron proof of you and Caesar being town, but the evidence does lean heavily in that direction.

5. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

So Aekiel, did Typhoon give you a night kill? It seems odd Typhoon would give both you and Menace a nightkill if he was scum. I'm leading toward Menace and Schro if the claim is legit.

And Stojil, did you suggest who was targeted with the daycop ability?

I'm still a little uneasy with the role claim. I'm not sure if it is legit. I could see it as a plot to townfirm someone, or get attention of Rents. I don't know how comfortable I am with his reads, I was expecting him to say he had different reads.

Did anyone get any info during the night about this group? It would be helpful to have right now.

6. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Whelp, might as well roleclaim, since otherwise looks like I'm getting either NK'd or Lynched. The names Vlad, town Jailer. Each night, I get to protect one person, who also is roleblocked. I can't target the same person twice. Night 1, I Block/Protected Moridin, since I figured he was at risk of getting NK'd. (Moridin, can you confirm that whatever night power you had going on didn't happen?)
    Day Two I Block/Protected Stojil, because I thought the scum would try to kill him for his daycop ability. Which apparently... isn't a thing any more? I'm still confused about that.

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Awesome, we're starting to get some stuff to work with now. So, assuming Caesar isn't fake claiming (and gut says no, here. I'd listen to anybody who had a reasoned opinion as to why he would be, but he seemed to be the most reasoned of the replacements before the claim), we know there are two non-towns in bob99, Menace, and Schrodinger.

Of those, I think bob99 and Schrodinger are our best bet. I'd say it was a tossup between bob and Menace, but his (Bob's) reaction was off for a town player, I think. Either way, I think lynching Schrodinger is probably the best way to move forward.

I'm pretty dead tonight, but we'll look further into this tomorrow

---------- Post automerged at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Ninja'd by Schrodinger. Frankly, I don't like that at all. If Moridin and Stojil corroborate, though... Well, we'll see.

8. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Schro's claim kind of makes sense if Stojil can verify that he missed out on his ability today, or if Moridin verified it. That would leave Me, Typhon, and Menace. Right now Menace has a night kill so he needs to be lynched tonight, or scum will have another kill.

I still think people should roleclaim info about this group though. Any information would be helpful.

9. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Was not informed of any action performed on me, so cannot verify. I don't know if multiple daycops would be a thing either. Didn't Stojil say something about being blocked in his cryptic post d2? On phone, can't check now.

10. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

I'm fine with my vote on Schrodinger and everything going up to it shows a scum in possibly him. 50% assuming Caeser is telling the truth, but that is before analysis and the roleclaim. Typhoon... well... MEHHHH. I suck. All of his stuff is checking out and yay confirmed Gunsmith.

At this point there is two lynch targets. Schrodinger for being the obvious target that one has been a target of quite a few people. Menace however is not as scum like, but if he is scum, Menace gets another kill. Menace however, god damn he impressed me with his day two play and I have a hard time seeing scum on that.

11. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lynch: Schrodinger

You're made of lies, I'm almost positive you're one of the ones on my wagon who is scum.

12. Moridin

This seems to be directed at Aekiel, though. Not sure why Stojil did that, but it does indicate some sort of block on him N1. I haven't any knowledge of any night actions on me, I was told nothing in my QT.

I'm not sure about Schrodinger's claim, and will have to reread his posts and make a final decision, but I will say I don't like Smile and Rents popping up like this. Feels like there's not much substance to either post, and they are tacking on their support to an already existing bandwagon. Also this:

At the time of the post, Rents had three votes, Schrodinger had three votes, and Smile had two votes. There's also bob, and there is little argument for lynching Menace. This feels like it's trying to create a dichotomy that isn't there for the purposes of pushing a Schrodinger lynch. Not sure what to make of that.

Leaving the vote on Schrodinger for now, until/unless Stojil can confirm something about anything he was told on D2. He is currently on soft lynch, so be wary with your votes.

Schro/Typhon/Bob/Menace, two of these are town and two scum, if Caesar is to be believed.

I don't see scum!Typhon handing Aekiel a gun, honestly. It's possible he's doing this to be townfirmed, though, since Aekiel mentioned Rubicon and Fontisian as his scumreads, but I just don't see a scum gunsmith in the first place. False claiming would be dicey with a role that does hand out kills existing (since someone had to give Aekiel the gun).

As I said, I can neither confirm nor deny Schrodinger's claim since I was given no information by Eido regarding any night visits. As such, I'm somewhat conflicted regarding his claim. On the one hand, it ends up attributing his playstyle to derp. On the other, his playstyle could possibly be derp.

I do find it odd that he chose to protect me the night after one of my primary suspects turned out to be town following a push by me to lynch him - it's unlikely I'd be a major target for scum under those circumstances. It reminds me of Rubicon's Doctor claim in the previous game, in which, again, his 'protection targets' were chosen for odd reasons and just happened to be people who weren't targeted that night.

I would suggest we lynch either Schrodinger or bob, and have Menace kill the other one. If either one turns up town, we lynch Menace. If Menace survives and someone else is killed, we lynch Menace. If both turn up town, we lynch Caesar. At absolute worst, we should get one scum in Caesar, and hopefully we'll end up with two instead.

Thoughts?

13. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Sounds good to me. I think I've already got my vote on Schro, so I'll leave it there and shoot bob99 with mah gun.

14. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

What about Moridin? Honestly, I feel like you're either bullshitting an answer or your reasoning is just something I can't agree with.

Except that you didn't plan to roleclaim until I asked you to.

A block/protect roleclaim smells like a scum fakeclaim. I personally have no way to know if I was protected/blocked on night 2, and if Schro is scum, then he knows the night kill target anyway, which renders the protect side of it almost useless. In the meantime, he can hopefully ask his targets if they had been roleblocked as a rolefirming of sorts.

If this is true, Rents is basically townfirmed. Typhon/Menace/Aekiel/Rubicon is fucking possible, I'm afraid, but I agree that Schro is our best bet, also because of his supposed roleblocking. I would also consider Menace if he didn't have the gun.

Caesar/Rents/Rubicon/Smile or Kalas could be another possibility, but I don't see it at the moment.

Let's assume for a moment that Caesar is telling the truth. Scum Typhon only makes sense with Menace. The other combinations are all viable. The odds are better with Menace (too bad he has a gun).

I'm not really sure if this is what Moridin proposed above, but I say we lynch Schrodinger.

1) He's scum, and Menace kills scum bob. Yay.
    2) He's scum, and Menace kills town bob. We lynch scum Menace.
    3) He's scum, and Menace kills someone he's not supposed to whom turns out to be town. We lynch scum Menace.

a) He's town, and Menace kills scum Caesar. We lynch Rents.
    b) He's town, and Menace kills town Caesar. We lynch Menace and then decide whether we lynch bob or Typhon.

I think this is the best course of action.

If Schrodinger is scum, we have 50/50 of getting scum in bob99/Menace (unless you think that scum Caesar could have bussed a teammate like that or that scum Typhon could have given two guns to town Menace - nope).

If Schrodinger is town, we kill Caesar to make sure what he is and proceed from there.

How about it?

15. Moridin

Works for me, yeah. Only question is, what do we do with the rest of the day?

16. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

We see if others want to give their input on the plan, for starters.

Then we pressure, like any other day.

This is Typhon's stuff about Menace on day 1. Keep in mind that he claims he's given him his first gun, then.

And after a bit in the same post:

At this point, Menace had almost no content so it's not an unlikely read.

Then Menace makes his long ass post and here's what Typhon has to say about it:

To which Menace answers:

And finally Typhon:

The last exchange between the two of them is:

So... in what universe does town!Typhon give a gun to a player he considers suspicious for various reasons?

I'm seriously warming up to a Rubicon/Menace/Typhon/Aekiel scumteam.

Typhon: when do you have to give your guns? During the day, right? You already said you have given your third gun, so you have given one on this day 3. Scratch that, you have given one, like, a couple of hours into day 3, instead of waiting for possible info or further development. How do you explain that?

17. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Stojil's plan looks good to me. As for the rest of the day, personally I'm looking back over the posts of those on the Rent's wagon and looking for links to Rubicon and other members of the wagon.

Rescind Vote

Vote Player: Schrodinger

---------- Post automerged at 14:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:21 ----------

*the Rents wagon.*

18. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Schrodinger is at 5, soft lynch is at 4 and hard lynch is at 7, so don't vote for Schro anymore for now, please.

19. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Looks good from what I've glanced at but I'll need to give it a closer look when I get back from class. Say 2-3 hourish.

20. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I'm at work, so I can't post much, but I don't give the guns during the day. It's a night action, and I've only given 2 guns thus far; one to Aekiel in night 2, and one to Menace in night 2. I can post my full role and flavor, if that would allay suspicions.

I'm about to be gone for a few hours, though.