1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt Game 3 *\~ (DRAW)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Sigh. Were still at the same spot we were hours ago via Prophs vote. And the last time someone told me to trust them they were scum Kalas D8 So Dermon, Stojil. What are your thoughts on the wagon? And Moridin you never answered my question.

2. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

KI'm not 100% here. Day is extended so I'll post later. Happy new year guys!

3. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Your question being who I want to vote for? I thought that was obvious, given I voted Bill. If you're asking who I'd vote for outside of can-we-lynch considerations, then my answer remains Bill or Rubicon.

---------- Post automerged at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

And Happy New Year all. Nearly 11 hours into it, but w/e :awesome

4. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } Ok, so looking back through the thread, this is what I have.

Zeitgeist has not answered the question I posed to him near the beginning of the Day:
    However, I was not around to follow up on it, and he has answered a lot of others which were posed to him (albeit in a tone which strikes me as odd). I would still like an answer, though.

There is at least one scum in Rubicon/Kalas, though I agree with Font: both of them is a distinct possibility.

Luckylee has been posting, and has gotten much better, though still strikes me as having a distinct scumlean.

I will examine the thread further before I cast a vote. (Happy new year)

5. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Why to all three of those. Why do you think there's at least one scum in Rubicon / Kalas, and why to you think it could be both? Why do you think Luckylee has a distinct scumlean?

6. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm Soto little drink. could someone give me a day end estimate from this post?

7. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

The tone of Kalas's #434 pushes me to think that he's attempting to come off as “outraged” in order to play off of Rubicon's “carefree” attitudes from posts such as this one:
    Additionally, their near complete focus on one another makes me believe the two of them could possibly be attempting to lead wagons on the other, thus showing everyone else the strength of their “conviction” if one of them eventually ends up being lynched.

As for Luckylee, most of my suspicion is residual from Day 1, even though I did acknowledge that his posting has gotten better since then. However, all of his posts have been rather small, applying pressure without specific reads or much analysis.

8. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

"Relativity applies to physics, not ethics.”
    -- Albert Einstein​

Current Vote Total:

Bill Door (5): Sesc (#376), Moridin (#433), Zeitgeist (#443), Vira (#447), Prophylaxis (#459)
    Kalas (4): Rubicon (#307), Uncle Stojil (#423), Fontisian (#440), Luckylee (#444)
    Zeitgeist (3): Caesar (#332), Probellum (#338), Bill Door (#441)
    Rubicon (1): Kalas (#434)

Abstaining: Dermon

It requires 8 to lynch, 10 to auto-hammer.

As always, updated information can be found in the status document.

As of this post, day has 7 hours and 58 minutes remaining.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Uncle Stojil voted Luckylee (#289)
    Rubicon voted Kalas (#307)
    Sesc voted Vira (#324)
    Vira voted Zeitgeist (#327)
    Sesc voted Zeitgeist (#328) | Previous Target: Vira
    Uncle Stojil voted Zeitgeist (#330) | Previous Target: Luckylee
    Caesar voted Zeitgeist (#332)
    Probellum voted Zeitgeist (#338)
    Kalas voted Probellum (#341)
    Fontisian voted Bill Door (#342)
    Uncle Stojil unvoted Zeitgeist (#347)
    Uncle Stojil voted Bill Door (#356)
    Sesc voted Bill Door (#376) | Previous Target: Zeitgeist
    Luckylee voted Rubicon (#396)
    Vira voted Rubicon (#401) | Previous Target: Zeitgeist
    Zeitgeist voted Luckylee (#420)
    Uncle Stojil voted Kalas (#423) | Previous Target: Bill Door
    Moridin voted Bill Door (#433)
    Kalas voted Rubicon (#434) | Previous Target: Probellum
    Fontisian voted Kalas (#440) | Previous Target: Bill Door
    Bill Door voted Zeitgeist (#441)
    Zeitgeist voted Bill Door (#443) | Previous Target: Luckylee
    Luckylee voted Kalas (#444) | Previous Target: Rubicon
    Vira voted Bill Door (#447) | Previous Target: Rubicon
    Prophylaxis voted Kalas (#450)
    Prophylaxis voted Bill Door (#459) | Previous Target: Kalas

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Why aren't you voting for Rubicon?

Proph: Care to share some more of your notes?

Guys, Bill Door is not a good lynch. Look at post 413 and at page 9 of OT2R mafia:
    I don't think the frustration is faked. Vote for Rubicon or Kalas.

---------- Post automerged at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Kai: Did you not count my extension?

10. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Dermon, can you commit to a vote? You're the only one not voting, at the moment.

@font

Sooner or later. Wanted to see what I would gain at doing my catchup in QuickTopic and presenting bits and pieces of it vs. showing all of my work in-thread.

11. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'm about to pass out. Dermon, Zeit, Sesc, Proph, Caesar and I all have extensions left. Make sure we get a lynch, guys.

12. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

I am aware of that. I am looking back through the thread to find more evidence of Rubicon/Kalas complicity, and I would like to vote for one of them. Since there's nearly no one on Rubicon ATM,

Lynch Vote: Kalas

More evidence to follow.

---------- Post automerged at 01:46 ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 ----------

The first part of Rubicon's case vs. Kalas concerns the questionwall which was prompted by Stojil. However, I followed this line of questioning with Kalas and brought it to an end in post #163:
    By asking about the questionwall, Rubicon provided an easy defense for Kalas to fall back on, especially after I had also argued with Stojil that the question which had prompted it was bad.
    Additionally, when Rubicon outlines Kalas' interactions with Luckylee and Probellum, he perfectly sets up targets to shift to after either successfully or unsuccessfully pushing a lynch on him. Kalas does the same with me and Probellum. There's far too much similarity in how they are acting for my tastes.

---------- Post automerged at 01:48 ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 ----------

And since I will probably be sleeping for the next seven hours, and want to see what comes of this:

Use Extension

13. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    /me yawns. I'm going to sleep now. I'm keeping my vote on Kalas, he has the most votes/is scummy. Night.

14. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

So, I finally woke up like an hour and half ago, started immediately reading what I've missed. Will have a bigger post out in a bit.

---------- Post automerged at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

So, forgive me if I'm a tad succinct, I have post-chemo nausea. (The last of it I'll hopefully ever feel. Yay again, for beating cancer!)

At the time I made that comment, there was only one person, iirc, who I didn't think was scum on Typhon's wagon.

As far as Rubicon and Moridin go: Well, obviously for the past few days I've been a tad preoccupied and feeling crappy, but otherwise, Moridin hadn't posted much more for me to continue on with. What else was there for me to say, that hadn't already been said?

Rubicon looks a tad better now, imo, but again, what is there for me to say, that hasn't been said? If I simply restated already shared opinions, I'd be accused of not having any reads that are my own, or just copying reads from other people. (Note, I know that last sentence seems like self-awareness from scum, but I feel it has to be said.)

I'm not as convinced of Scum!Zeit as I was then, so I'm fine with rescinding my vote (Will be at the bottom)

But I was innocently confused! As far as not narrowing down the suspects went, it was because most of the people Stojil had a scum-read on, i was alreayd looking at as potential scum.

Again, at that point, I was confused as to why Kalas was calling me scum. Because, on reexamination, I don't like his reasons at all. There only two scenarios for why Stojil would be targeted and even if I phrased myself inadequately, I know I conveyed that I thought he may have been targeted because of his reads. And that leaves the other scenario, (Being targeted for simply being a strong player) simply through precess of elimination.

And then he tries to connect me to Zeit, which I'm still confused on. As far as I can tell, it's because I responded to Fonti's prompting of my opinions on Zeit and then my Vote on him. Which makes no sense, unless he thinks Fonti purposely asked me so I could try put doubt on Zeit.

If it's because I was one of the last to vote for Zeit, well, that's simply because that's when I checked the thread. It's not like I spend every waking minute here.

Anyway:

Rescind Vote
    Lynch Vote Kalas

15. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Happy new year evryone!

I'll post more post words in the morning

that's awesome. congrats!

16. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

It's like half the thread is braindead and/or Mafia.

I'm not taking you seriously any longer.

The same goes for Dermon.

Goddamnit :facepalm

Yes. That's why you're appearing odd.

???

?????

WHAT

What I read: Moridin and Rubicon are suspicious, but since I said that already, I'll do something else. How the fuck does that even make sense? Either you think they are suspicious, in which case you try to get them lynched, or you don't, in which case you say that and list reasons that changed your mind.

What you don't do is saying you still kinda think they are suspicious and then randomly vote for someone else.

(And as a side-note, if you're seriously ill, take a break and get better, but constantly having 50% of the thread consist out of some excuse or another (drunk/high/meds/therapy/ill (which includes myself, but if I had been too ill to play with 100% for more than a day, I'd have asked for a replacement)), is FUCKING irritating.)

17. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Which is something I'm considering. Not only will I probably feel like crap for the next week or so, after that I'll probably be out celebrating with friends and family, so time for this may be lacking.

If I do opt out, (Which seems likely) I feel kind of bad for whoever replaces me. They'll have to make up for how badly I've played...

18. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Gotta run, but there should be 10 more hours in the day, no?

"Sesc before Lucky? Why?" Rubicon asked me somewhere:

Yep, and he's been climbing up the ladder in the last few posts. His day 1 screams classic scum!Sesc to me. His defense of Aekiel reeks of him knowing his town-alignment and also having scumbuddies on the wagon, and most of his accusing/hinting posts read off, tunneling on Typhon included. Day 2 isn't that different, stuff on Bill included. I gut-feel him as scum bussing and distancing like crazy. Now he's wondering how can someone vote for Kalas while also being suspicious of Rubicon, and is trying to make it sound like that mere actions makes no sense/is scummy. These are my scumreads, Sesc: Kalas, Rubicon, Bill Door, you, Zeit and to a lesser extent fontisian. Who could I have put my vote on without it colliding with the vote of one of my other scumreads? Beside, even ignoring that, the last thing I see in the Kalas/Rubicon confrontation is town-on-town argument and aggro. There's scum in there, I feel. I'm simply picking the more likely one in my opinion.

"Rubicon was your #1 suspect the entire time, Stojil. What happened?" Sesc asked me somewhere:

Rubicon making a good case against Kalas happened. Rubicon trolling happened. Kalas having never been far behind him in scumminess (and now getting ahead) happened. Kalas defending himself badly happened.

I'll be back in a few hours for a more in depth read.

19. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

"The real problem in speech is not precise language. The problem is clear language. ”
    -- Richard Feynman​

Current Vote Total:

Kalas (6): Rubicon (#307), Uncle Stojil (#423), Fontisian (#440), Luckylee (#444), Dermon (#472), Probellum (#474)
    Bill Door (5): Sesc (#376), Moridin (#433), Zeitgeist (#443), Vira (#447), Prophylaxis (#459)
    Zeitgeist (2): Caesar (#332), Bill Door (#441)
    Rubicon (1): Kalas (#434)

It requires 8 to lynch, 10 to auto-hammer.

As always, updated information can be found in the status document.

As of this post, day has 8 hours and 5 minutes remaining.

@Fontisian, I missed when you used your token, so it remains unused for now.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Uncle Stojil voted Luckylee (#289)
    Rubicon voted Kalas (#307)
    Sesc voted Vira (#324)
    Vira voted Zeitgeist (#327)
    Sesc voted Zeitgeist (#328) | Previous Target: Vira
    Uncle Stojil voted Zeitgeist (#330) | Previous Target: Luckylee
    Caesar voted Zeitgeist (#332)
    Probellum voted Zeitgeist (#338)
    Kalas voted Probellum (#341)
    Fontisian voted Bill Door (#342)
    Uncle Stojil unvoted Zeitgeist (#347)
    Uncle Stojil voted Bill Door (#356)
    Sesc voted Bill Door (#376) | Previous Target: Zeitgeist
    Luckylee voted Rubicon (#396)
    Vira voted Rubicon (#401) | Previous Target: Zeitgeist
    Zeitgeist voted Luckylee (#420)
    Uncle Stojil voted Kalas (#423) | Previous Target: Bill Door
    Moridin voted Bill Door (#433)
    Kalas voted Rubicon (#434) | Previous Target: Probellum
    Fontisian voted Kalas (#440) | Previous Target: Bill Door
    Bill Door voted Zeitgeist (#441)
    Zeitgeist voted Bill Door (#443) | Previous Target: Luckylee
    Luckylee voted Kalas (#444) | Previous Target: Rubicon
    Vira voted Bill Door (#447) | Previous Target: Rubicon
    Prophylaxis voted Kalas (#450)
    Prophylaxis voted Bill Door (#459) | Previous Target: Kalas
    Dermon voted Kalas (#472)
    Probellum voted Kalas (#474) | Previous Target: Zeitgeist

20. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Is there nobody else active? Please check in if you are here and able to vote soon, especially if you're not on Kalas or if you are and are willing to switch to Bill.