1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dresden Casefiles #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Not according to Zenzao.

---------- Post automerged at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

(post #82)
    Now, who was he theorized to be working with again?

2. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Yes, I'm holding off on voting because Kalas said it will end day\discussion.

I think he's scum because I remember that sign-up thread, and his argument doesn't make sense since there was plenty of information via the links to get a basic grasp even without coaching.

Any player that seems like they are trolling reads as scum to me.

However, I don't have a hundred percent confidence in my reads right now so if more experienced players have something to help that would be useful.

---------- Post automerged at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

I'm town which is why Aekiel's read doesn't make sense. I plan to query him about it later.

As for Zenzao I wanted to see his response to Aekiel, but we were in a previous game and he was trustworthy there and so far he hasn't posted in a way that goes against that.

3. Sloth

Counter:

Plenty of information is correct. However, did you expect me to read all of that in 3 days? Could you? I managed to get a bit far into the wiki, farther than I expected, but I wasn't reading through hundreds (literally) of pages of old games. If not doing so constitutes as not having a real investment in the game, then I guess you got me.
    Common sense is more on my side here, no matter which way you look at it: The expectation that I could get through all that, or even for me to remember everything I DID read perfectly after a rushed read, is what makes no sense. Did you do that or something?

Lastly, I'm not sure that last one was directed at me, but if so, I'm not sure how my response constitutes as trolling.
    Yes, it would be disastrous, at least in my opinion, something I already brought up. However Zenzao said it wasn't and that it would work out, in post #83, which I pointed to because it casts doubt to his claims against me (all of which remain entirely based around my desire to plan ahead).
    Also I mentioned that Zensao was already in some peoples' radar with RuckyRee as possible accomplice. I just didn't feel the need to spell out something you probably already knew from previous reading.
    With that in mind, I ask you how was anything I did trolling? As far as I can tell, it was all relevant to the subject at hand.

4. Lyrium

Sloth, honestly you read like a jerk but you might be a light side jerk so reprieve for now until we know for sure.

Vote Out Zircon.

For lurking in this thread since yesterday and not adding anything to the discussion or helping in any way.

5. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    My attitude screams... douchbag Vamp RP. Ad Hom attacks as your dying throes?

Also Lyrium don't bother being flip floppy on a day 1 lynch, it screams I want to be able to backpedal afaik what Aek did in his last post before he completely ignored my question.

6. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

In Engrish please?

7. Lyrium

Lol, Lucky. Weren't you a gorgon?

Vote Out Zircon

8. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

~~Votals~~

[4] Luckylee - Aekiel (#108 ) Sloth (#80) Citrus(#90) Zennith (#91)
    [6] Sloth - Zenzao (#82) Dermon (#83) Kalas(#92) Zeitgeist(#94), RuckyRee(#96), BillDoor(#98 ),
    [1] Zeelthor - Zircon (#32)
    [1] Zircon - Lyrium (#127)

[1] Not Voting - Zeelthor,

With 13 alive, it is 7 to hard lynch, and 4 to soft lynch.

Deadline is in 1 Hour 35 minutes

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  9. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    :/ Do you guys even read Sloth's post? He claimed that I'm rping like a douch bag vamp, and I said thats a shit attack against me as his dying words.

10. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Read Sloth's post 118 Bill.

More work can, and usually does on DLP, get done in the last 6 hours then in the first 66. You know that.

11. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I read it but I don't really want to lynch anyone else atm. Like there are a lot of people I want to put pressure on, lucky, zeit, dermon, everyone with less than 5 posts. Seriously guys, posting more than the mod should be like the bare minimum. But there's no one I really want dead other than Sloth.

12. Sloth

I say the weird things is that you took an off-hand comment I made out of an entire argument and used it as if it had been the sole focus on my post, when it was, in fact, an off-hand comment.
    Followed immediately by the words "Adding to that, and more relevant," make it abundantly clear you ignore everything that is an actual damning argument to you and just focus and accentuate the one line that you can mock.
    The post was 'my attack', not the one line.
    Or maybe you just somehow didn't notice the rest? Here, I can help with that:
    Yet no one else seems to notice. I'm starting to think people really don't read my posts. That's disappointing.

Not really. For the record, it's nothing against you, maybe you're playing a role. I don't know you outside of this game, after all.
    But possible alliances aside, can anyone here honestly tell me they don't get a douchebag vibe from Lee?
    (Not an actual question. My post that I quoted above has the actual arguments)

13. Koalas

High Score:
    @Sloth: Attitude has almost nothing to do with alignment. Scum can try and be nice to keep themselves off shit lists or be confrontational to seem more willing to die to scumhunt etc etc. Its all personal preference. Also if you think something is relevant to what you are saying, mention it. Memories can be short, people can derp etc.

---------- Post automerged at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Number references with snips please.

14. Sloth

Also, sorry? I didn't intend to come across as a jerk, all I did was counter your arguments with what I felt were valid points.

---------- Post automerged at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

As you will. Reminder post, requested by 118

All stated in #118:

I...don't believe you.
    In my first post I stated I was new (I know, Citrus, I'll stop bringing it up when it stops being relevant).
    It was announced in the sign-up thread Fonts, your old mentor so that's added incentive to remember, would be helping me out. You replied immediately and the three of us had a short back-and-forth.
    This was, again, 6 days ago, in a game that started 3 days ago.
    How can you possibly have forgotten?
    It's much more likely to me that you saw a target and your best chance of not being lynched and jumped on it.

I notice no one replied to this part of my post, and I can't figure out why, since whatever you think of me, that seems like an important factor. It would certainly make me at least hesitate on labeling someone scum.
    Someone did mention is that it looked like Zensao had chosen his target and was simply looking for justification. They weren't talking about me, directly, but I do think the same is happening here.

As for Lee himself,
    -Take a look at my responses to him above. So far they've been the most damning against him in my mind.
    -He continuously dismisses and demeans everyone with his posts, something that has been brought up before and will likely be brought up again, lording with a superior attitude that almost screams douchebag vampire. I know we don't RP, but that still doesn't seem like something a Town would do.
    -Adding to that, and more relevant: he's extremely evasive and slippery in his answers, adding nothing of substance 90% of the time. Look at his last post: "Also, everything I've been doing is arguably scum hunting. How you guys have been reacting to my post, thats scum hunting. So, yeah." To me, it reads like "trollin' trollin' trollin' don't look this way." And there hasn't really been any posts from him lately that haven't gotten that vibe.

That's it for now.

---------- Post automerged at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Typo: Requested by KALAS*

15. Koalas

High Score:
    As for your quoted post;

I can believe LL forgot, especially with the questionable content of some posts. It happens.

In terms of survivor shit Citrus had the right jist of it. You do not. Survival is not the primary priority of town. Playing from that mindset is just asking to lose.

Uhhh. No. They won't. And even if they did what does that matter to you? Unless you are scummates? In which case it still wouldn't matter to us.

You could have misunderstood. Maybe fonti hadn't gotten to that point of discussion yet? I really don't know. What I do know is that you are arguing that because you misunderstood/wasn't told/feigning ignorance/whatever'd a mechanic that you cannot be scum.

I'm sure you can understand how that's faulty logic.

16. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Sloth, I really do want to vote for Luckylee instead of you. However, you're not really helping your case. Why is your wagon bad? Who, out of the people on your lynch-train, is suspicious? Frankly, I know that Fontisian-The-Sith-Lady has been teaching you her Jedi mind tricks, so I'm not completely sold on your arguments that you don't know what you're doing. I'd say that there is a 50/50 chance that you're a derp!town, but we need a Lynch, and you're as good as any at this point.

Lyrium, stop sitting on the fence and commit to something, goshdammit. It's now or never.

17. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Going to start here. I was on my Wii at the time instead of the desktop or mobile. Wii is the shittiest of the three to try and write a message from and my attention was mostly on Sloth at that point, I hadn't really perceived Luckylee as particularly scummy unlike some of what Sloth has said, and that is why I've gone after Sloth so hard.

I'm not buying all of his arguments that have come out since I last posted this morning, either. Look again at what he says in #80

How does that not come off as worrying to anyone else? I don't care how green you are with the game, sparing scum that can screw over the town any of three ways - by laying false information twice over, or by killing and thus diminishing our numbers - is a horrible concept.

I'll admit that I had not known that Sloth was receiving aide from Fonti. I only checked the signup thread briefly, mostly a matter of scanning to see if we had enough people agreeing to play and then when were we going to start. In light of that information, yeah, maybe he could have a plan in place given Riley/Rubicon mailed out our roles a day or so in advance. Even still.

I'll double-post when I get done answering Aekiel's points a page or so back, just want to get this up before the clock runs out.

18. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Thirty minutes remain in Day One.

19. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    It must suck for you, Sloth. I'm about 90% sure you're scum, survival isn't a priority for someone thats vanilla, scumhunting is. At the same time, if you were a power role you would have claimed by now.

20. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    See, this is frustrating, because I do feel like in my gut Sloth is probably a town-power role. That's why I voted for Ruckyree. But he keeps making it more and more difficult for me to maintain that position, and it doesn't seem like it's going to matter much anyway at this point. Very frustrating, because still in my gut I don't think Sloth is scum.

I do think we need to look carefully at Rucky for the next vote, but Aekiel's kind of on my scumdar too all of a sudden, just as I reread the last few pages. Mostly it's the part where he demanded THREE scum-reads from people before enough people had posted to make that even a viable question. Were he to have asked for a single scum-read, that makes sense, but asking for three is just begging for people to take shots in the dark and sow discord amongst the rank and file. It just bugs me a bit, I suppose.