1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #4

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I'm going out for the night and probably won't be back/sober till deadline

2. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Does anyone else think that Bill needs an intervention? Drinking that much on a Monday seems to imply some series of unfortunate events. *hugs*

Snowvon, it took a lot of sugar, special stuff, and upbeat music to make that. There were some failed attempts that will never see the light of day.

3. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Don't be heartless, Lyrium. The guy just lost a twin brother. Let him drown his sorrows.

--
    Vote Count 2.5 - (#2282)
    7 to lynch, 9 super majority

Citrus (1): Titus
    Snowvon (1): Citrus
    Titus (1): LuckyLee

Abstain (10): klackerz, Snowvon, Bill Windows, Atum, Polysemous, Riley Poole, Lyrium, ika, blab

DAY ENDS IN ≈6 HOURS.

4. Titus

Titus Squib

That's something to be discussed privately. *nod*

I would be upset if I lost Mathblade. :(

5. Lyrium

It was a joke based on how often he mentions drinking?

Titus, I think Sloth is referring to the character he created aka Bill Windows. I think?

If not, clarify me please.

Working on Rubicon research right now.

Snowvon, if you were scum instead of Citrus what would your witchy plans be for toNight?

---------- Post automerged at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Titus, are you a witch? Simple yes or no, no magician stuff. Plz.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

That would have to be up to the coven as a whole. I am very incompetent if I am allowed to act independently, especially in a setup where almost everyone can do something fancy and witch-catching. Also bad at thinking about long term effects of actions.

---------- Post automerged at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

I guess my first instinct would be to get the Judge out of the way, so town would eventually have to waste a lynch on me to get through my two lives.

7. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

My entire analysis fell apart once the shit hit the fan. I'm kind of just letting things happen and pointing out things that catch my eye, like the Hypocritical Titus comment.

Or the fact that you decided to bring this up when I've already made my claim.

How about this though: my current remaining scum list is Titus/Lyrium/Snowvon.

I've had that in my QT since Jun 5th (4 days now) and I haven't seen any hard evidence to really change that as all three have either A)not made a convincing role claim or B) not made a convincing town play.

That said, I also made a note more recently that I'm trying to not do a huge full game analysis for this due to how quickly it moved. I'm quite astounded that you're in fact choosing to ignore that in favor of trying to push me under a bus or something.

Did you in fact mean to ask me to analyze a certain post or series of posts?

8. dhulli

dhulli The Reborn

At this point all roles have been revealed I think. Blab, check me tonight. I'm fanatic. And if scum kill me tonight, know that as I die, my last act will be pointing the finger at Bill.

@lyrium: of course you can...love is blind!

9. Lyrium

Riley, you're holy. I would never push you under a bus. Maybe if you preached too much, I might push you into a bus off to somewhere else. If you mean the North, South, East, West post...it was obviously sarcasm.

Mostly though I just wanted your reads\thoughts on anything recent like even just the judge plan or maybe tomorrow what happens or you know anything game related.

I feel like your cat bias is really getting in your way but okies, then.

10. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I do want to point out that I know it seems odd to be so critical and suspicious but the easy acceptance of alot of these roleclaims worries me a bit considering it's only Day 2. We really shouldn't confirming alignments so quickly.

Using myself as an example seems stupid but the fact that using only two seperate 2-liner posts people we basically confirming in their minds that I was the acolyte. Now, I am the acolyte but why did I get confirmed so quickly as Acolyte? Why are we so sure on other claims? Is it because no one's counterclaiming?

---------- Post automerged at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

"we basically" should be "were basically"

ebwop*

11. Lyrium

Assume that I and blab die toNight. It's possible. Blab is confirmed town and my NK should confirm my town status (and therefore that KaiDash was town and Rubicon was a Witch).

What do ya'll do?

12. Titus

Titus Squib

Hell no! /tenchar

---------- Post automerged at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

No one's counterclaiming. No one is objecting to BD/Poly being the DoB and Fanatic. Without someone suddenly changing, there's no reason to doubt. Scum have very little reason to fake claim, in most situations.

Lyrium, your setup will likely not come to pass. Assuming you are town (which I do believe), then scum curse blab, angels protect you... scum shoot... Riley or ika? Your information regarding Citrus would be more valuable than an acolyte or spiritualist.

---------- Post automerged at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

How can that be? Bill has specifically disavowed being a killing role. Hence why I highly doubted you are a fanatic. Me thinks you wifoming.

---------- Post automerged at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

What is this in response to?

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

To Lyrium. The first quote in your post.

14. Lyrium

blab & ika

Research Part 2B: Rubicon the Witch, Gambler

Rubicon

#24 - Rubicon's first post in-game quotes Citrus' first post. He mentions his scum game W3 and getting Lucky to waste a deadline.

#98 - "Morning, I am not the Gravedigger." Rips off bael's style?

#106 - Accuses Polysemous of being a scum Gravedigger. Responds to Lyrium on who the W3 witches were {Fontisian, Rubicon, Luckylee, BillDoor}

#108 - Votes Lyrium. In response, to or in order to get reaction?

#118 - Responds to Lyrium. Asks if there were a FantasyStrike game where witch claimed early (so not answering Lyrium's question directly).

#202 - Votes Atum. Explains, as "I want to test a hypothesis."
    - Asks Vira about her last DLP game.
    - Ask ika and Titus to do a read on each other.
    - Responds to Lyrium stating that she is probably town but it would have been cooler if Polysemous was scum.

#204 - Responds to Polysemous's reading of Rubicon as "neutral, leaning towards town" and his unknowledge to why Rubicon would assume he's scum GD.
    - He states that Polysemous' posts "rubbed him the wrong way."
    - Asks for why Polysemous agreed to GD claim.

#206 - Responds to Fontisian's intial readings with, "You're totally ripping off my style here."

#208 - Responds to Titus by asking why she reads ika as town. Responds to Polysemous with "interesting response" and asks if he thinks anyone's GD claim was suspicious.

#213 - States that he finds the blab-Riley-Bill interaction to "rub him wrong."
    - Asks blab why he asked Bill the question
    - Asks Bill why he thinks Riley is being useless on purpose.

#219 -
    - Responds to Polysemous asking him to "Tell me more" in regards to Poly's statement that there might be 2-3 factions relating to GD claim requests.
    - Mentions an anecdote from childhood and states that its good Lyrium claimed.

#221 - Responds to Titus discussing ika, in reference to Citrus.

#227 - Responds to blab who is suspicious of BillDoor.
    - States that he doesn't have a town-read on Bill and is skeptical of why fontisian town reads him. However, explains BillDoor's vote on Atum as for lurking\pressure.
    - States that ika is annoying because of whether or not his mindset it scum or not.
    - Looks forward to "him" (BillDoor) and Fontisian following up on their respective Things (https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=729226#post729226) with reasons.
    - Mentions he posted a long meta analysis of Riley that could be problematic.
    - Asks blab for his read on Titus, does he think Titus is scum?

- Responds to ika's read on Titus (as town, but with room to change). Comments approvingly on ika's new posting style (HK-47 reference, meatbags).
    - Responds to Polysemous's dislike of ika's posting style with question on why Poly compares himself to ika.
    - States that he is holding off stating what is bad about Polysemous's last post.
    - States that Fontisian's bomber question was bad.

- Responds to klackerz read that Rubicon and BillDoor are town by asking klackerz to explain the read on BillDoor.
    - Time for bed statement.

- Requests Riley take stronger positions and interrogate scumspects.
    - States that klackerz may be scum
    - Responds to Fontisian's read (grouping of most likely to be scum -> Luckylee, Polysemous, Citrus, Atum, Vira) with Luckylee being the towniest.

- Asks Fontisian, why Titus' response to the bomber stuff makes her town.
    - Mentions that Fontisian's line of reasoning was to get Titus to claim.

- Responds to Fontisian with "Ask me later" regarding her questions and states that Lucky gets town points for fighting Fontisian on the GD claim.

-Responds to Fontisian's defense of Titus as town with, "Be more specific."

- Responds to Fontisian's response to Atum, stating that he had a tell for her scum\town but it probably doesn't work anymore.

- Responds to Fontisian re: her tell (as scum she tries to be more friendly and as town she is more aggro). He might get to her questions by end of day.

- Responds to Fontisian's town reads on Titus, doesn't seem to care for it. Asks why she has 8 town reads.

- Responds to Polysemous's strongest town reads are Riley and BillDoor by asking for explanation and specifically explanation that doesn't reference Atum, Titus, and blab.

- Responds to Lyrium's question on yes\no witch with, "I am not a witch. I do like witches and cauldrons, though. You can totally trust me."

;.; I used to think Rubicon was safe, but never again.

- Responds to blab's request to Fontisian that they examine Titus. States that he expected a different response from Fontisian relating to Titus's bomb logic.

- Responds to Titus in regards to confusion over previous post, clearing up that Titus's response was what he expected while Fontisian's was unexpected.
    - Asks, Titus to walk him through the names on the top wagons.

- Ask Polysemous, "Why are you ignoring me?"

- In response, to Vira replacement announcement states that it is too bad.
    - Places a Vote on Klackerz
    - Responds to ika's question about votes on Atum with, "Atum is probably town and the replace out is null."
    - Responds to Fontisian's statement that he needs to trust her that klackerz with disbelif and eye roll.
    - States that Atum post #281 gives him "warm fuzzies," he also likes Atum's interactions with Fonti, how he is playing similar to Werewolf 2, and agrees with Titus point on Atum's wagon.

*Klackerz post #453, states that the bomb should be given to Citrus. Klackerz post #456 asks Rubicon why he (klackerz) is the scummiest.

#458 - Responds to ika request for him to read Polysemous with, "Scum. Watching his response to my questions. I saw your 'low hanging fruit' comment and think it's pretty meh to say the least."

#464 - Responds to klackerz, stating that he is voting him "in response to your read wall and as pressure. fontisian assures me you're town, though. :)"
    - Asks klackerz what he thinks of KaiDash.

#468 - Responds to Fontisian's questions on newbie lynching with, "Yeah. I would never lynch a newbie Day 1."

#470 - Responds to Fontisian's request that Rubicon aim his pressure against klackerz elsewhere.
    - Responds to Fontisian's mention of Vira watching the thread with, "..."

#475 - Responds to Klackerz statement about why scum teams would so openly and actively support their team mates. Rubicon asks if this is in regards to KaiDash or Fontisian.
    - Responds to fontisian comments on Vira with annoyance.
    - Another post to state he will be sleeping and responding to Fonti when he wakes up.
    - He asks Fonti, if she is hypothetically town, to work towards convincing people of her reads.
    - He asks Fonti not to discuss or doubtcast Vira.
    - He requests that Polysemous and Klackerz respond to his "simple, easy to understand questions or explain why you're choosing not to do so."

- Responds to klackerz, regarding Fontisian's hardcore defense of klackerz with why it is odd and states that town-Fontisian would be more paranoid\skeptical and even if she read klackerz as a particular role she would be less obvious about it due to NKs.
    - Responds to klackerz, asking him for deeper analysis based on former games. Specifically asks him to make a case on why Vira\KaiDash are suspicious.

- In response to blab asking if he wants to lynch Fontisian for "it," states yes and Votes Fontisian.
    - Follows up with another reason she is suspicious which is her defending of Riley.

- Responds to Citrus's questioning his strongest townread of Lucky by stating that he doesn't think Lucky would have the "balls" to fight against Fontisian as scum.
    - Comments that Citrus should wait to read more of the posts instead of responding to outdated or older stuff.
    - Mentions that BillDoor was scum in W3 and fantasystrike.
    - Responds to Snowvon's strong reaction to vote on Fontisian, asking for a town case.

- Responds to BillDoors votes on Fontisian and reasoning with a joke. Compare Lucky's actions to Lyrium's as both being townie. Wants to know what scum mindset BillDoor reads for Lucky's GD response.

- Responds to Titus's post that BillDoor could be scum with Fontisian, with "Too obvious?" based on how BillDoor was following Fonti's words before.
    - Responds to KaiDash stating that he disagrees with his description of Vira's "passive town player" meta.

- Responds to Polysemous who states that he will have to find Rubicon's question addressed to him with, "Good, I'll wait here."
    - Responds to Fontisian's response to Luckylee (re: her read on Klackerz as town) by basically agreeing and stating that he doesn't like Fontisian's weakened reasoning on klackerz.

- Gives Titus a plus point for defending Fontisian (Titus states that people should not be wanting to lynch Fontisian for town reading them (re: klackerz) but she states that paranoia with Fontisian's reads is a given.
    - Responds to Snowvon's questions to blab re contextry, unsure it is addressed to him.

- Responds to BillDoor by asking him how he progressed the Fontisian wagon.
    - Asks BillDoor to concretely address the points against Fontisian instead of stating that Titus restates the same arguments over and over again.

- Responds to blab by stating that his comment (re: manipulating Fontisian) could be town but doubtcasts.

- Responds to BillDoor's defense of Fontisian and view of Lucky, softdefends Lucky once again. Ask BillDoor to explain why he didn't like Lucky's post.

- In response to blab's joke post that is fine with lynching Fonti\getting town cred for bussing Kai, "This is why I always shoot blab as vigilante on IRC."

- Responds to BillDoor's case on Lucky by arguing against it, stating that he liked one of Lucky's post and wants BillDoor to look at the other one.
    - Responds to BillDoor's post to blab (where Bill states that Rubicon feels town) with, "I always seem town."

- Ask blab about his post #749 (see post #757 re contents).

- Rubicon states, "Hm, I just noticed something."

- In response to KaiDash's statement to fontisian on how the role she is implying and her play implies she is town, Rubicon disagrees.

- In response to Lyrium wanting the bomb to go to Atum, Riley, or Rubicon states that, "All three of those names are town."

- Rubicon is surprised (faux or real?) that Titus is the actual bomber.

- Responds to Lyrium, stating that "There is definetely scum inside Fontisian, KaiDash, Citrus." States that it is probably Fontisian but he has to rethink who she would bus (re: Vira\KaiDash).

- States that Titus is probably town for giving herself the bomb. States that blab "looks town."
    - Refuses to talk about oranges.

- Responds to blab, (re his post where he disagrees that Fonti's play of her implied role is town) by stating that he thinks Fontisian would think of whether or not a play was optimal as town or scum and play it both alignments.

- Responds to Lyrium's jokey post about sillyness.

- Re: KaiDash's post on what he's looking at, mentions that KaiDash should talk about BillDoor from there scum game.

- Re: blab's joke post on replacing out, states that Delphine's brain would burst.

- Responds to Lyrium joke post.
    - States that Titus should pass him the bomb and he will keep it safe.

- Responds to Citrus asking his alignment with, "I am the towniest player in this game."

- Responds to Lyrium with questions on his town status by joking that he is near mod confimed town.

- In response to Citrus's questions of who's the scummiest, states: Lyrium.

- Responds to ika, regarding his trolling of Citrus. States that it will help Fonti see him and ika as an unaligned pair.

- States that he off to bed.

- Joke post. Asks Riley, who he would shoot of Rubicon, Fontisian, KaiDash if he had a gun with two bullets and couldn't shoot Rubicon.

- In response to Fontisian's statement that more votes are needed on Rubicon, tells her to "Come at me ~" and asks her to respond to his questions\engage with him.

- Rubicon asks for a link to Kai's read walls.
    - Responds to Riley, asking him to take a concrete position on Rubicon, KaiDash, Fontisian.

- Responds to Riley, stating he didn't realize Riley was voting for KaiDash.

- Asks Fontisian (all caps) to explain why she doesn't want him to vote klackerz and walk him through it.

- Responds to Polysemous asking him what he thinks about Fonti and Kai starting a vote against Rubicon with "I have a hard time believe either of them really believe I'm scum."
    - Asks Riley what he thinks about Fontisian's role (re: post where Riley has slipped he isn't the Loose Canon or DOB due to no kill powers).

- Responds to Fontisian's post re: klackerz isn't scum by asking her to walk explain why because her mindset is wrong.

- Respond's to Fontisian's post by stating that has a tendency to lynch Rubicon when he's town and she's scum.
    - Responds to Fontisian's klackerz defense by stating that she could not know his alignment based on his role. As well that his top town read is setup for a NK with the way she approached it. Then, that Fonti has outed his role to people she is scumreading.

- Posts a link with his recent town\scum games for blab.
    - Responds to blab re his post about Rubicon being scum with Citrus with refusals.

#1603 - A long post
    - Discusses how Fontisian's reasoning behind Klackerz doesn't reveal town mindset and that if she was scum she would at least try to convince Rubicon of what she was doing. (Is that a slip that Fonti was town?).
    - Asks KaiDash to make a case for obv-town Fontisian.
    - Town bloc of people who he super town reads\won't lynch: Lyrium, klackerz, ika, Atum
    -- Klackerz bc of his response to Fontisian's reads (doesn't know why she could read his alignment). States that Klackerz is "probably town relative to Fontisian regardless of her alignment." Restates that both Klackerz and Fonti can't be scum.
    -- ika bc of meta, scumhunting, assumes being town-read, and his assumption about cards and pressuring of TItus.
    -- Atum bc "he defends himself too well to be scum" and his attempts to figure Fontisian out.
    -- Riley is "probably town" bc meta but since he's aware of his meta so that means he's suspicious.
    -- Snowvon is "think he's town here." Provides counterarguements re: paranoia and Snow's "doubtcasting" of Fontisian and Lyrium. Doesn't like the way Snow characterized the wagon on fontisian
    -- Titus - doesn't see her tells from her scum game. Town clears her based on that and bomber.
    -- Polysemous - liked his reaction to being called a scum. States that Poly's votes and arguements have been really bad and he would call him newbie scum over newbie town. He would lynch Poly.
    -- BillDoor - is more active then he usually is as scum (? errr Bill very active in W3, is less active here). Hasn't read Bill's posts but "gut vibes" him as scummy esp. due to interactions with Fonti at the start.
    -- Citrus "pinged" him with catchup bc it reminded him of ika\Prophy catchup. Doesn't call it scummy or anythign but just that it reminds him of scum behavior.
    -- Vira\KaiDash - scummy and would vote for if not for Fonti. "His reactions are good but..."
    Provides a summary:
    ~/~
    - Luckylee is superscum but not going to state why.
    Lyrium, klackerz, ika, Atum town bloc.
    Riley, Snowvon, Titus, blab look town but can swap in as backup scum reads if it comes to it.
    fontisian, Kai, Polysemous, Citrus, Bill Door as scum.
    Lucky scum as well but I don't think I can get the votes on him today so I'll deal with him tomorrow.
    ~/~

- Responds to blab's discussion of him as scum with a lot of disagrees and asks blab to look at his mindset rather then meta.

- Responds to blab's questions with affirmative that yes Bill and Lucky could both be scum.

- In response to KaiDash's loose canon threat states that he declines to claim.

- Responds to Fontisian's post re: that Rubicon, Lucky or Citrus need to die with "Wow."

- Responds to blab stating that he has not been helpful\moved game forward\etc. that he was confused about what blab was stating.
    - Responds to blab re: his statement that he didn't read Bill's post with, "I know what you're getting at."

- Responds to Fontisian stating that Rubicon needs to claim, that he loves her post but will not claim. Asks KaiDash what next.

- States that he is wholly unimpressed with the last two pages.

- Last post, "I figured out what Kai is doing. No, I'm not holy."

Epilogue:

Rubicon, the Witch, Gambler was exploded into smithereens by KaiDash, Villager Peasant, Loose Canon.

~ Fin ~

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

You and I were talking ages ago? And you just sort of dropped it? After I responded to you? But you've been scumreading me this entire time? Without saying anything? Why are our role claims less convincing than everyone else's? Why are our town plays the least convincing to you?

If you weren't a claimed holy I'd vote for you so fast you'd only see the color yellow for weeks to follow.

16. Titus

Titus Squib

I retract what I said about Bill Door not being DoB. I attributed this post to Bill Door in my memory.

17. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Vote Count 2.6 - (#2296)
    7 to lynch, 9 super majority

Citrus (1): Titus
    Snowvon (1): Citrus
    Titus (1): LuckyLee

Abstain (10): klackerz, Snowvon, Bill Windows, Atum, Polysemous, Riley Poole, Lyrium, ika, blab

DAY ENDS IN 3 HOURS.

^correct.
    (But Bill Windows is totally real.)

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

So many colors in this thread now!

19. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

ok tommorw i want to do things my way.

i want everyone to scum hunt each ohter, use whatever you can. let me ask whatever i like with no follow up.

but i want it to end in one thing: a lyrim lynch

i dont care what logic we have, i dont care how ovbvi town she is, i dont care about any of that stuff right now. i want to do what is so unlogical for tommorow that it just might solve the game

---------- Post automerged at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

i also want dead to never protect the ovbi town (me/lyrim)

do blab/ridly

20. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Citrus, what is your favorite color?