1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hannibal Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Aug 9, 2015.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just going off of what I remember from skimming and then reading through to about post 64 yesterday, I'm leaning Seratin > HF > and one of you/Blab(see Jan and reluctantly Rubicon for posting decent reasoning) for the Scumteam. If I had to gut choose I'd point at you, New, because of how differently you've been playing this game compared to Narumafia.

As for town, probably Citrus for pushing HF as he has been. It'd be nice if he focused on some of the other players more. I'm still deciding on Snow(and that weird interaction with Jan yesterday is bothering me), not a fan of Jan's posting but I'm probably still being colored by the Titus!Gambit, I haven't really seen why so many people are townreading Wei, and I'm neutral on Vira, Rubicon, and Scott.

---------- Post automerged at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

Still don't see Seratin in there. Wanna try that again?

---------- Post automerged at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

I'll be on for a little while longer at the desktop and then on a couple hours more from mobile if you've got anything on your mind to ask me in particular, New.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Reading is hard.
    He's null for me. Not my favorite lynch by any means and not nearly as scummy as blab, but I understand why Snow/etc. suspect him.

3. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Alright. Compared to the reactions the rest of us have had about Seratin's PR fishing, what were your reasons for liking him asking that question? Why do you view it as a good thing?

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Do what you're gonna do, but I'm really sick of hearing that as the basis for reads on me.

After this game, once everyone knows for a fact I'm town, go read what happened in Narutomafia when MB made a case against me based on air. (spoiler alert: I threatened to tunnel her until one of us was dead if she kept doing what she was doing, like 24 hours into the game), and compare that to what happened in this game. I don't have the personality type to just ignore shit like that. Frankly I don't think you do, either, so if anyone could understand it would be you. And I don't think it's "better play" to do so, as in this game, talking about it eventually led me to that conversation with Snowvon and I got a pretty solid town read off him.

I thought you were Mafia last game until about halfway through, based purely on how salty you were getting about Math, which was reinforced by the uncertainty of knowing neither of your alignments. I hope you'll do me the same courtesy of not getting stuck on this one thing.

5. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I don't think rolefishing is a reliable tell, and I liked his attitude when defending himself. If he'd continued doing town stuff, I might even townread him for it, but he's been lackluster since then.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am around Newcomb, feel free to ask away whenever.

1. Citrus - scumreads hf for the reaction on the question - townread newcomb and von
    2. Zenzao - scumreads Seratin and Vira after his readwall, doesnt like me.
    3. Snowvon - Hard townread on Zenzao, wants to like me - scumreads blab
    5. Seratin - voted and scumread fluff
    6. Newcomb - hard townread on scott - 70/30 on citrus
    7. his fluffiness - scumreads citrus
    8. Rubicon - scumreads blab
    9. ScottPress - newcomb as scum
    10. blab - newcomb and citrus as town, townreads seratin for thinking newcomb citrus might be mafia; light townread on Von
    11. Vira - early townreads on von, wei and hf - scumreads newcomb
    12. weiyaoli - scumreads on newcomb seratin hf

here that is what i thought about without thinking too much about it

are those your town/mafia/favourtive names/ppl you want to have lunch with or what are the names in the 2nd spoiler?

7. Newcomb

Names in the second spoiler are people I think could use more pressure based on the fact that I had generally good (towny) thoughts in my head about them, but when I pressed myself to think about why, I couldn't come up with concrete reads or things they've done to really "deserve" that townread.

8. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    The thing is, when a new-ish player does things one way and is confirmed as town but in the next game does things differently while they're unconfirmed, it makes people pause and consider why. And unfortunately the connotations therein point primarily to Scum.

See my notes on/to you in my #189.

If you followed your own advice from here during Narutomafia, we probably would have lost that game if Kalas guessed you were Chouji and not Sakura.

Having said that. Yes, I can see some of my CYS!self in how you've been this game. Taking the pressure a hell of a lot harder than may seem reasonable at a glance(and I did ragequit for a couple of hours that game and threatened to do the same last game so I guess I haven't changed that much) and every time you try to defend it just digs your hole deeper. Yeah, it sucks. Yeah, it's a source of boiling rage. But while I was so focused on Math, I eventually stepped back and started looking at the other players, and while I eventually got back into it with her on several occasions, I was also inviting questions on my play and speaking with others and, in general, pushing for other scumspects throughout, which I think you've done to some degree too and should keep at.

Look back at what I said at the top of my #187. Below the usual "acting differently" statement.

I'll do an ISO on you probably tomorrow to refresh my thoughts on everything you've done specifically and then see how that holds up against what has been said about you and by you on your own behavior.

Then we're definitely going to have to disagree. Its beyond foolish as town to try and draw those answers out into the open as it just paints targets on certain players. Also, what did you like about his attitude while defending himself? He seems to have clammed up since I prodded him over it yesterday.

On other thoughts that I'd started before seeing New's latest response.

If we assume that those are the three Scum(and its worth noting that they are two out of three in the bottom for posting, with Blab toward the low-middle) that should clear Citrus and maybe Vira, unless bussing from Blab and we're wrong on one of HF/Seratin. I'd reluctantly allow that maybe Seratin could be wrong and the third Scum is in Vira|Wei|Jan, but I'm not really favoring that scenario with where I am on the thread.

9. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I know I said I was going to post something more concrete yesterday, but I was feeling a bit lazy.

Some follow up stuff from my posts before:

Seratin, did you miss #111? My main suspicion of you is based on the fact that:

1) You knowingly post a line so people would "react hard"
    2) After a tame response from Rubicon, and a question from Citrus, you immediately answer Citrus's question.
    3) Lack of any real reads on Rubicon's response, it just shows a lack of engagement

Like I said in #111, I just didn't see how Citrus was under so much pressure at that point that he would try to redirect attention. I just don't really follow how your read of Citrus evolved over the game. I feel the line, apart from potentially exposing PRs (actually one of my smaller concerns about it), just felt a bit like an excuse to do some busywork later without actually analysing things in detail. For example, I don't understand why at that point you ended up voting for Citrus over Newcomb for example.

Newcomb, I was a bit suspicious of his interaction with Citrus, stuff like the start of post #58. It's totally overblown how good a point he found it. I don't buy it at all, given during his reread re-set read post, he didn't deign to comment on Seratin at all. In fact, it was only after I made a small comment in #111 about reading it as buddying up to Citrus because of his lack of follow-up of any kind, in post #143 (his reads post) does he eventually vote for Seratin. One reason I wanted to know why he picked those three people in particular was because of this.

I think it's highly unlikely that Newcomb and Seratin are aligned though. I just don't think Scum!Newcomb would vote Scum!Seratin after his #143 reads post. The only thing that makes me hesitate to call them 100% unaligned are things like Seratin's wishy-washy lack of a vote for Newcomb after #185 and their lack of real interaction early.

I'm currently also half way through a post on Snowvon/blab/Rubicon that I started yesterday, but I've ran out of time this evening, so I'll try and finish it off before work tomorrow morning.

10. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Where do you get me scumreading Vira? I've been on Seratin and HF.

11. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Why?

How so?

I wrote up my reads list before I saw I misread the question. :/

Warning: my memory is awful.

Blab: Townreads Rubicon, Newcomb, and Citrus.
    Citrus: Townreads Newcomb. Scumreads Fluff.
    Fluff: Scumreads Citrus.
    Jan: Townreads Snow, scumreads Blab.
    Newcomb: Townreads Scott. Scumreads Seratin, me.
    Rubicon: Townreads Snow, Wei. Scumreads Blab, Seratin, Newcomb.
    Scott: Scumreads Newcomb?
    Seratin: Scumreads Newcomb.
    Snow: Townreads Jan, Wei. Scumreads Blab, Fluff, Seratin.
    Wei: God, I don’t know.
    Zenzao: This shouldn’t be hard.
    My actual reads:

Snow, Wei, and Jan seem town. I haven’t played with them before and I have a hard time telling them apart, but they radiate towniness. They haven’t said anything scummy and they’re active and asking questions. The same goes for Zenzao, but he's more of an independent thinker.

Null reads would be Scott, Rubicon, Fluff, Citrus, and Blab. Rubicon and Blab are both quieter than I expected, but they may be busy in real life. Citrus has been acting more towny, asking questions, but I’m a bit unsure about him. I can’t recall Scott’s posts at the moment, I just remember thinking him as slightly scummy. Everyone is saying Fluff is raising red flags, but his behavior seems fine to me.

I peg Newcomb as scummy for his previous posts, and while I think his reaction to the pressure seems town, everyone’s been saying he wasn’t as defensive in his last game. Seratin is Seratin.

Current Rankings:
    Snow.
    Zenzao.
    Jan.
    Wei.
    Rubicon.
    Fluff.
    Blab.
    Citrus.
    Scott.
    Newcomb.
    Seratin.

12. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Wei, your spirit animal is Typhon. Like wow.

---------- Post automerged at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

:wall:
    I just realized I completely misinterpreted New's question. It wasn't "what are your reads on people without looking back over" it was "what are other players reads on the other players without looking back over".

13. Newcomb

I actually thought Seratain's response to my pressure had a pretty towny flavor, and the lack of engagement on the Vira thing (I was kind of expecting a Chainsaw Defense if they were both wolves) makes me cool hard on them being w/w together.

If Seratin's actually scum, though, it's clear to me that he made that move because it would look hella bad for him if he was on record OMGUS voting me after I pressured him once I flip town.

14. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

?

/10characters

15. Newcomb

!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god. I'm so excited.

When I posted this:

It's going to be two things. One is a Citrus thing and one is a Wei thing, an the Wei thing was exactly that.

Z I think I love you. Please please please let's #twins it up again this game.

---------- Post automerged at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------
    Zenzao:

For me it was this post that really gave me that Typhon feeling:

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=840704&postcount=205

Snow, Jan, you guys get that vibe as well?

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Jan
    Snowvon
    Vira
    Newcomb
    Zenzao
    Rubicon
    weiyaoli
    ScottPress
    Citrus
    Seratin
    his fluffiness
    blab

Snowvon
    The way he plays is just ten times more fun and hyped compared to Narutomafia. Basically like someone dragged him out of a dark closet to show him the rainbow that is this world. :nyan:

Vira
    While his first readwall was not really in depth i could follow every single read/reason. Liked most of the interactions later on when talking/questioning to other ppl

Newcomb
    Didnt like his start, got better with every post. His mental breakdown felt genuine.

Zenzao
    His play seems to be very similar to the Narutomafia game.

Rubicon
    Unsure, don't know him. I feel we think in a similar way about several ppl, which makes him leaning a bit more town.

weiyaoli
    townread early on for his questions and interactions. slowed down a bit. need to hear more to reinforce the old read.

ScottPress
    Didnt like him early on, his wall seemed ok-ish. A bit hasty considering he felt weak on most players at that point.

Citrus
    I have no idea - his play seems different to Narutomafia d1, but that day was mostly dominated by titus and mathblade spam.
    My gut tells me he is a good enough player to go either way.

Seratin
    Didnt like his start. Got a bit better later on.
    I dont know how he plays as either allignment, and he didnt do anything rly towny thus far.

his fluffiness
    Interaction between him was weird, not sure what to make of it.
    Seems to be ill (Get well soon), which might explain his inactivity.
    Needs to step up his game when he is back in action.

blab
    For someone who thinks Von would not random-vote him at the start of d1, just because he fears his reaction, that guy is as harmless as a toothless puppy.

Just a quick rainbow. As you can see I am lacking in the hard scumread department, mostly because I have a big problem finding the scum in the Citrus/Fluff/Seratin interaction.

17. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I think you're quoting the wrong part of the post? I was commenting on not understand why Seratin voted for Citrus in particular in #87. Although I agree your reason why him not committing to voting for you in #185 makes sense in a scum!Seratin, town!Newcomb world.

18. Newcomb

Okay, so Snow, Jan, Zenzao:

I'm not going to say my conclusion right away, because I want you to get there yourself if it's actually a thing and not just me overthinking it, but:

This is from last game.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=828403&postcount=293

This is from this game.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=840188&postcount=51

These are from last game:

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=836011&postcount=4056

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=836294&postcount=4107

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Hard to say. Typhon was lurking mafia d1 in that game with a lot of rl stuff going on.
    Vegas vacation- losing phone - illness. I want to believe ppl don't lie about stuff like that regardless of alignment.

I liked Weis start this game, but that is the only reason i still have a townread on him.

Have to read his latest post, only scimmed over it to catch up after my post.

There are several ppl in here that might just fly under the radar if not pushed upon, and i read most active ppl more towny than not.

Also sry Zenzao for missremembering that. If i had looked at my notes i would have known, but that was not the point of the assignment.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I don't know why you're asking me, Newcomb, I overlooked a lot of Typhon's posts in Narutomafia.

---------- Post automerged at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:12 ----------

Two ninjas for the price of one. Nice.